News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 05:29:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lovux's Art Thread!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovux's Art Thread!  (Read 4094 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 02:58:40 pm »

Oh, wow, your drawings are lovely! I love, love, love Himiko x Himiko in the Mirror, for some reason.  Cheesy

Thanks a thousand times! Perhaps you fell for the fact that the picture shows us Himiko’s half exposed boobs is very tender? XD

I love this!  It's usually Ginji surprising Ban from behind with a hug but here the tables are turned.  Ginji doesn't look very surprised, though, lol!  "Ghu" says it all.

Are you getting a chance to draw lately?  It's hard when life gets to be too hectic to do things that really relax us!  
I don’t know if it’s intentional spelling or just a typo, but… it’s actually “CHU” not “GHU”. But don’t mind.

Not… really, I suppose? GAWD it feels like an eternity since the last time I held a pen… It’s not as much about my life being overly hectic and that it’s hard to find times when I get to sit down and draw to my heart’s content, as it is having a major artblock. I just don’t feel motivated to draw, or rarely has any inspiration. It’s not that I have put my pen down forever, it’s just that I have put my pen temporarily. I don’t know when my inspiration will get a well-needed boost, but I’m positive that it will come sooner or later. In the mean time, go back and take another look on your favourite drawings in this thread or something. ;P

But here is something I did somehow force out of myself… And the outcome was pretty nice, if I may be humble enough to say so myself.
B + G
I just wanted to draw them with realy pretty, sparkly eyes. And yes, the image is SUPPOSED to be cropped – part of my artistic vision. =P

The following is a special treat – I was cleaning up my old note books and such, and I found this:
THE FIRST BAN-CHAN I EVER DREW!!!111
When I first drew him nearly two years ago, I though this scetch was pretty accurate… but now I know better. XD

Others:
Emeraldas from Galaxy Express 999
Joey Jones from Heroman
Star Driver OT3 ;P
Sakana-chan/”Fish Girl” from Star Driver
Rifel, an OC of a friend of mine

And… that’s it. I sadly don’t have anything else to offer, since this is basically all I’ve drawn the last two or three months. Hope you liked what you got anyway. Grin
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 02:59:54 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
razorblade7

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 04:19:27 pm »

Wow you are realy a good drawer i like all your drawings the first ban has a so cool hair ahahah, and the other are very beautiful too
Report Spam   Logged
weirdguy

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 06:57:51 am »

Man, you are amaizing!!! Iwish I could draw like you! I tried myself once but my hands seem to have an alergy to decent drawing Cry.
Report Spam   Logged

"Why so serious?"
BigChubaca

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2011, 10:22:52 pm »

wow, really nice drawings : )
Report Spam   Logged
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 08:22:05 pm »

wow that's very good try for a first drawing of Ban. Doesn't look like him but it has got the feeling of Ban..
Report Spam   Logged
Loserfish122

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2011, 08:52:56 am »

My first attempt at Ban ended up looking like a pineapple. X3 So for a first Ban, that's excellent.
Report Spam   Logged
V.H.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2011, 01:43:59 pm »

Awesome work!! Now i got some new GB wallpapers! Cheesy  Rave Master, Bleach and Get Backers just to name a few  mangas that have had they artwork improved through the series so keep practicing and good luck  Wink.
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2011, 03:31:33 pm »

I'm finally bringing this thread back to life with an actual update!

Okay, so perhaps I should go all out and tell you folks... I'm depressed. I'm not pleased at all with my life right now, and thus has made me ill on the inside. This is why I haven't drawn as much as I used to. Being sick just... kills everything for me. But don't worry, I'm on medication and will (hopefully) stay in contact with an organized team of doctors and psychologists who can help me. Besides, I WILL try to draw at least a little more than I have done during the latest half year or so, since when I actually find motviation to draw something... it makes me feel pretty good. So yeah.

But I CAN bring you some drawings to look at!

Obligatory Ban/Ginji OTP picture:
Pinky Swear
I recognize that I choose a very difficult pose to draw, and that all those legs are just a big mess that draws your attention from what is most important about the picture... But I hope you like it anyway!

Other anime fanarts:
Neviril and Aaeru from Simoun
Kenshin and Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin (this picture, I actually drew it as soon as I found about the new RuroKen anime project!)
The Lady of the Cold from The Moomins (she didn't look like that in the anime, but her looks were never described in the books, so... I scetched down my own interpretation)

And last but not least, my favourite character from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
FLUTTERSHY~ <3

Sadly, that's all I can bring you after this long hiatus. I wish I could bring you more pictures, more often, but thins are the way they are, and frankly, I'm in deep shit at the moment. Getting out of it won't be easy - but it can, and WILL be done. At what point, I don't know, but sometime, somehow, somewhere... I WILL be back, stronger than ever!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 04:34:57 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

V.H.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2011, 11:57:48 am »

I hope you get back your health and spirit, so Cheerio! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2011, 11:16:42 am »

So glad you mention your struggle -- I'll be thinking of you, and trusting you'll soon be back where you want to be, on the inside and the outside. 

Love the Pinky Swear!  It's very endearing -- they look very comfortable with one another.  And Getbackers with an S is the best description of those two ever!
Report Spam   Logged

didop

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2011, 11:01:17 pm »

You have some really cute drawings here :3 Pinky Swear especially!

And I'm sorry to hear about your recent troubles. Hope things get better for you soon ♥
Report Spam   Logged
Endrance

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:09 am »

Hevn is specially good! you've got talent  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
thebiggz

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2011, 02:33:55 pm »

Great stuff
Report Spam   Logged
blumental

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2012, 09:03:34 pm »

Augh I'm so ashamed of my sense of time management! Undecided
But I'm done, Lovux! Sorry it took FOREVER. 

Gaysha Ban in Colour
http://pics.livejournal.com/seventh_dreamer/pic/0000380p

Gaysha Ginji in Colour
http://pics.livejournal.com/seventh_dreamer/pic/00004zfy

Thank you for giving me the chance to colour your awesome work! Grin

How do you do these fangled hyperlinks?
Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2012, 11:50:53 am »

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNGGGG

My dear blumental, you should NOT feel ashamed for taking your time with my humble scetches! Good things come to those who wait, and this was well worth waiting for! Not that I even remember I was waiting for them, but still. These are just LOVELY. I love the colour schemes and how you made all those details work together in colour without clashing with eachother or "take over" the whole visual impact, so to say. I just love it. Thank you SO MUCH for doing me this honour - I never expected to see my handdrawn favourite retrievers in colour, so this was a pleasant surprise!

It's easy, you just use this code [ url=thedirectlinktoyourpicture ]the name of your picture[ /url], but without the spaces. Try it for yourself! Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: