News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 07:53:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lovux's Art Thread!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovux's Art Thread!  (Read 4099 times)
julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 03:10:47 am »

Awesome ^.^ I will Post it as soon as I am finished. Though I will let you know now I am not that good, I just like playing around with pictures that I like.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2010, 08:04:28 am »

Kazuki!!  Well done!  I also really, really like the Ban/Ginji tribute!  <3  And Emishi x Amon is lovely as well!!  I'm becoming more and more of a fan of Emishi, I have discovered, in both the anime and the manga.  He won't ever surpass Ginji, but he's still pretty special!
Report Spam   Logged

julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »

As promised here is the wallpaper, not as awesome as others I have seen but I like it  Grin

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/120/4/8/Force_of_Gravity_by_julyfeather.jpg

I don't know why I named it Force of Gravity the name just came to me when I was coloring Lovux's Picture. Hope you like it.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 08:03:39 pm »

Here is the original

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/120/8/1/Lovux__s_GB_Art_by_julyfeather.jpg

Enjoy!
Lovux is a awesome artist and you should tell her  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 03:44:11 am »

My first thought:

OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD MY LOUSY SCETCH IS BEING PUT NEXT TO AYAMINE RANDO'S MASTERPIECES OH GOD OH GOD I DON'T DESERVE THIS OH GOD

My second thought:

Very well done! I like the subdued use of colours, nothing too bright that will sitng your eyes. And I love how the leaves turned PINK ( which is my favourite colour)!! If I were to point something out, it would be that my picture would have needed blacker lineart to match up with Ayamine's panels better, but that's more of a mistake from my side, as nearly all pictures in this thread come directly from the scanner in all it's bly-grey glory! XD (I don't have a good image editing program, like Photoshop, and to spare you a very long story, I am unable to get one. So yeah).

Lovux is a awesome artist and you should tell her  Wink

.... Naaaah. *blushes* Btw, you have a deviantART account? Mind if you link me to it so I can watch you?

It also seems like the Ban x Ginji tribute is pretty popular, judging not only by how it was turned into a wallpaper, but also by other comments. XD Well, I can point out flaws here and there,  but I guess it looks good enough if so many here likes it. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 02:40:30 pm »

I'm glade you liked it! that makes me very happy Grin I like subdued colors when I make wallpapers, due to me working at night on the computer and it is easy on the eyes, that and subdued colors are easier to work with (I am not a hard core color designer and kinda lazy >.<) and don't beat yourself up your art paired nicely with Ayamine Rando's that is why I put them together. I did darken your art a bit but I wanted it lite almost dream like as if Ban and Ginji were having a good dream (that is why everything is blue. If dream's had a color I would make it blue Cheesy) so a lot of the blue/gray on your art is do to my obsession with the color blue >.<

and yes I do have a deviantART account for 3 years but the sad part is this week is the first time I have put anything on it Tongue and it would have still been abandoned if I had not noticed that photobucket was cropping the wallpaper to 800x600.
I would love to link to you if you could tell me how to (not sure how to do really anything on deviantART yet) it might motivate me to put a few of my sketches up.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 04:31:22 pm »

I would love to link to you if you could tell me how to (not sure how to do really anything on deviantART yet) it might motivate me to put a few of my sketches up.  Cheesy
Oh, it’s not hard all, all you gotta do is link directly to your account like this:
http://www.lovux-the-great.deviantart.com/
Except that you change it to your username instead of mine. XD

HOWEVER now it’s time for another batch of pictures! Embrace the grey scetches born from the joined forces of a pencil and Lovux’s imagination…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL yuri in Get Backers (NSFW!)
Or ”Who Ban REALLY got his pervy tics from”… XD XD XD

A Rose for You
Sweetness here. (^__^) In which Natsumi accidentally got six fingers on one of her hands…. (O.O)

Lady Madoka and Shido Tramp
Just some chibis dressing up as…. Furries?

Chibi Luv!
MOAR chibis. XD Originally a part of a bigger picture, but this was my favourite part so I cut it out.

Needle and Thread
Really creative name there, yeah, I know. But would you rather have it named “Huge Juubei and tiny Kazuki”?

Comedians Forever
Severly underrated pairing here. Seriously, where are the doujinshis?! And fanfics?!

Always
Would you believe me if my original purpose with this picture was to have an excuse to draw Ban and Ginji wearing huve, fluffy, oversized sweaters?

GB - The Early Days
In which Ban is a total tsundere, but Ginji doesn't care.

Fanarts of other series than Get Backers…

Misonô Nanako from Oniisama e… (REALLY good series, HIGHLY recommended!!!)
Asaka Rei (”Hana no Saint-Just”) from Oniisama e…
Orihara Kaoru (“Kaoru no Kimi”) from Oniisama e…
Ichinomiya Fukiko (“Miya-sama”) from Oniisama e…
Shinobu Mariko from Oniisama e…

(OLD picture here! From… beginning of January I think)
Miyuki and Natsumi from You’re Under Arrest! (based on the outfits they are shown wearing in THIS picture…)

Was that all? Hmmm…. Yep, it was! Hope you enjoyed them. And as I said on the previous page, don't be afraid to point out if there is something that can be improved. Wink
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:39:06 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:37 pm »

OMG! new pictures YAY! Grin they are really awesome! I really love Lady Madoka and Shido Tramp, Chibi Luv!, and Always  Cheesy

and I hope I am doing this right, here is the link

http://julyfeather.deviantart.com/

I have mostly wallpapers but hopefully I will scan some of my sketches soon.
keep you the awesome art Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Anko

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 07:41:58 am »

I'm looking forward to more of your work, keep it up!
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2010, 12:45:07 pm »

Comedians Forever

Severly underrated pairing here. Seriously, where are the doujinshis?! And fanfics?!

Sweet!!!  <3
Report Spam   Logged

darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 05:03:53 pm »

They look really cool!! damn clean and well-defined drawings. Ahhh the most i can do is redraw based on the original artwork Sad You must have studied the manga alot i presume? I really wish i can draw as well as you...
Report Spam   Logged
saphiric
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2010, 09:08:15 pm »

I like your drawing style!  Cool
the colored images of Ban and Ginji are very smexeh ;]  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 07:29:04 am »

Damn it… I should have updated this much sooner… And now that I finally do, I don’t have much to offer this time… Blergh. I blame it on real life. Anyhow, thanks for the replies, I’m glad you appreciate my horrible, unrecognizable so-called lines on paper. Grin

Clayman x Himiko
Once again, let’s open things up with some yuri! Or light shoujo ai maybe, I don’t care. It’s girls love. <3

Our beloved Ban-chan!
Here, I tried to imitate the drawing style of one of my favourite artists, Nakajima Atsuko. While I don’t think Ban-chan looks particularily Nakajima-esque, he still turned out quite cute. Wink

Smoker-Ban and Ginji-Hunter
Unless you’ve played any of the Left 4 Dead games, you’re just gonna be clueless about this picture...

”Ah, Ban-chan..!” (NSFW!)
Alternatively, “LOL yaoi in Get Backers”. This is essentially the Maria/Hevn picture I posted earlier, except with my favourite guys instead.

Romantic
Or rather, as romantic as the dorky G&B can be… XD A rough sketch done in like five minutes, holdng an inc pencil and with an aching arm at that.

The S in Get Backers
Recognize this picture from somewhere else on this forum?

Utena and Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena (EVERYBODY MUST WATCH THAT SERIES. SERIOUSLY.)
Natsumi and Miyuki from You’re Under Arrest!! … again (also inspired by Nakajima Atsuko’s lovely character designs)
Random girl with wawy hair
Random girl with curly hair

And that’s all I had to offer this time! Hope you like them~ Kiss
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 05:22:35 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Logan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 07:35:07 am »

omg its wonderfull!! you are a girl or a man? because your style is very feminine.....  but you should explore more theme like himiko and clayman..... for you i have: Heaven x madoka, himikixhimiko in the miror, ......
You really have a bless(or gift dont relly remember the god term to say that you rock)
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 08:12:09 am »

Me? IT'S A TRAP!! XD Nah, I'm very much a girl, and a super girly one at that. Hence my feminine drawing style. Gotta love them sparkles and pretty guys~

Moar Get Backers yuri, you say? Sure thing! This fandom needs more of that says one of the biggest and most hopeless Ban/Ginji fangirls on the board. I'll have your suggestions in mind, but I can't promise anything. Though I already have images in my head, so all I have to do now is to grab a pen and... Cool

Oh, and I wouldn't call it a blessing. It's more a result of many years of hard work, really. I want to become a good artist, which is why I'll never put down a pen for as long as I live!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: