News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 02:39:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lovux's Art Thread!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovux's Art Thread!  (Read 4085 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2010, 12:24:51 pm »

I reckon that there were a couple of people who were quite curious about my art and eager to see more of my works, so I decided to go ahead and create this thread which I can bump from time to time whenever I create something I think is worthy of showing you guys~

I know that I’m not the best of artists, but hopefully you’ll find SOME of my humble sketches worthy your time.  Kiss

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We’ll start things off with a tiny sketch of our heroes, whose initials are…
G (Ginji) and B (Ban)
It’s not perfect, but I like it anyway. Especially Ginji turned out really good, which is unusual for me – normally, I think it’s harder to draw cute guys like Ginji, as opposed to sexy guys like Ban.

A little family
This is an illustration for a dream I had some months ago, in which Ginji had a child with Natsumi. It’s too long of a story to tell - and there IS a limit for how much sentimental melodrama one human can take! – but it all ended well and now the little girl has two daddies.  Cheesy

G (Gender) and B (Bender)
Here, I tried drawing Ban and Ginji as females (because I’m such a sucker for gender flips/benders). They don’t look NEARLY as sexy as in their original male forms… And really, I can’t draw a female body to save my life. But I still like how some things turned out, especially their respective hairdos and Ginji’s zettai ryouiki.

Hevn-san
As I said before, I don’t draw females that well. Their faces, sure, but their bodies? Hell no. Those curves just kill me! So I figured I need to practice, and I took help of Hevn because SHE if ANYBODY has a womanly vavoom figure.  

Now for some links to DeviantART. If you have an account, don’t hesitate to comment over there!

Ginii-kun
A picture I drew for a friend’s birthday. I recently turned her into a fangirl monster thanks to Get Backers, and her favourite character is Ginji. She just can’t stop talking about him and how cute he is! So I decided to draw a REALLY fangirlish picture for her, and… she quite liked it.  Wink

Ban-chan
This one, I drew it solely for myself the sake of Ginji above. You just can’t have Ginji without having Ban and vice versa!

Soul Eater
I had a real fun time pimping up Soul’s weapon form. The black in Maka’s dress is horrendous, but who cares.

Two of a Kind!
Sanosuke and Megumi, from Rurouni Kenshin. A Long-time ship of mine~  Kiss

My ID XD
Just so you know, this one looks SO much better in real life. It’s all sparkly and shiny and stuff!  Grin

Lastly, here are a bunch of sketches I did for one of my favourite animes ever, Princess Tutu. These sketches are really old, like, six months or so... But I still quite like them. However, if YOU don’t like them, well, that’s understandable – my style isn’t anywhere near as cute as the original character designs.  Cheesy

Princess Tutu herself
Prince Mytho
Fakir
Princess Kraehe
Drosselmeyer
Edel

So yeah, that’s about it for this time! I can’t promise when the next update will happen, but I can assure that it WILL come!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:18:46 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:00:50 pm »

Awww your drawings are very cute! i love GB ones (of course)
I especially loved "a little family" <3 Ginji, Ban and a baby! so freaking CUTE!

i want so see more GB stuff *__*
Report Spam   Logged

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:15:23 pm »

Nice pics Lovux Smiley
The Soul Eater one in particular is pretty damn awesome  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 07:52:25 pm »

Whoa! That is a lot! And they look pretty cool!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 11:42:30 pm »

I gotta say i agree with all the above comments!!

These are amazing, my fav i think is the soul eater one, but they are all great  Grin
can't wait to see more  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
mcmuffinman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 01:27:45 pm »

wow there bloody awesome
i agree wit everyone >,<
Report Spam   Logged
highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 07:22:39 pm »

all your drawings be uber awesome face and i loled so uberly hard at the gender bender one xD
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 06:56:58 am »

all your drawings be uber awesome face and i loled so uberly hard at the gender bender one xD
…. You mean they looked so HORRENDOUSLY BAD that you had to LAUGH at them?! Damn, I suck as an artist…

Other than that, THANKS A LOT FOR THE LOVELY REPLIES!!!!  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss  It inspires and encourages me as an artist, and I'm thankful for that!

.... So, how about an update?

First we have pictures of solo characters.

Kazuki of the Strings
Quite the typical Kazuki picture, with his threads and flowing hair. Oh well, he IS pretty that way after all.

Himiko
As she was dressed in the Eternal Bond arc. The way she wore that cheongsam was just… damn. Speaking of the Eternal Bond arc…
Ageha
Murasakimaru

Clayman is pretty
‘Cause she is.

Now for some pairings pictures! Note that some of these are of the homosexual variety, so if you find that offensive, you don’t click the links. As simple as that.

Ban x Hevn
Fanservice aside, I still think this pairing is… intriguing.

Emishi x Amon
I guess this picture could be interpreted as friendship… but who the hell likes that? XD /jk.

Natsumi x Rena
Just like the Ban/Hevn pairing, this combo really intrigues me… though I can’t give a good reason why whatsoever. XD

Shido x Madoka
Contains some light nudity, but nothing that will shock you.

We LOVE Paul!
‘Cause he is a severely underrated character and NEEDS MOAR LOVE.

Ban x Ginji
My tribute to the latest chapter (vol 30 ch 05). OTP!

CHOOCOLAAATE
A request from a friend of mine. Why yes it was plenty fun to draw.  Grin

Other fanarts include…
Simon from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Viral from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club
Belldandy from Oh My Goddess!

That’s it for this time! Stay tuned till the next time!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 02:31:18 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »

Wow! More! Some of those look so professional done! All you need to add is some color and you could tell the difference! That is A LOT of drawings!! From many different series!! GB is favorite one!! Grin You probable you guess why!
Report Spam   Logged
gupita

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 08:45:36 pm »

Wonderfull!!!
I wish i could draw just a little like that  Cry
I love the last from GInji and Ban from volume 30!!!
Thanks for share them!
Report Spam   Logged
evilpancake

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 02:38:09 am »

OH wow :3 You're really talented. good work.
Report Spam   Logged
samuel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 01:16:00 pm »

don't wanna be an ass or anything, but there's room for improvement=)
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 04:50:42 pm »

don't wanna be an ass or anything, but there's room for improvement=)

Oh, don't worry, you're not an ass AT ALL for having that opinion. In fact, I'm welcoming contructive critiscism with open arms. I know that I'm absolutely NOT a perfect artist and my works aren't spotless, so if people would be kind enough to point out what I could have done better, I'd be more than grateful. Of course I appreciate all the positive compliments I have recieved in this thread, but just being told over and over that it looks good isn't going to get me anywhere - and isn't it boring for people replying in this thread to write the same stuff over and over again?

And none of you guys need to feel bad for pointing out if you think something looks wrong or be afraid that you'll hurt my feelings - I'm enrolled at a comic arts school, I'm USED TO having people judging my works and telling me what I did well and what could have been done better. So yeah, I'm no stranger to constructive critiscism. As long as you don't put it like "LOL THAT PICTURE WAS DAMN FUGLY" and make sure you have valid points, I'll gladly listen to your ideas about improvement.  Wink
« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 02:41:28 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

julyfeather

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 11:10:18 pm »

I love the Ban x Ginji tribute to the latest chapter. Do you mind if I color it and make a Wallpaper for my PC out of it?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 02:46:16 am »

I love the Ban x Ginji tribute to the latest chapter. Do you mind if I color it and make a Wallpaper for my PC out of it?

As long as you show me how it turned out, it's no problem. Grin In fact, it's an honour! I'm a lousy colourist myself, so it'll be interesting seeing one of my pictures escaping the wasteland of black and white for ONCE. XD
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: