News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 06:34:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Lovux's Art Thread!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lovux's Art Thread!  (Read 4096 times)
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »

u are really, really good!! i have spent like 30 minutes to watch all your drawings! i just love them!

I also love drawing, but i actually never tried drawing ginji or ban, the manga style seems too dificult for me... and moreover, i got a big problem! i'm good at drawing girls, but when it comes to guys... the just end up with a girlish face! xDDD

And one thing i really apreciate from your drawings are the hands. I mean, this may seem strange, but i know there are a really difficult part of drawing (i have problems with feet too! hahaha).

I wanted to tell u my favourite drawings... but i've seen so many that i no longer remember all of them! xD i liked a lot one drawing with Emishi and Amon, and from your first post the hevn-san picture, and that ban-girl picture was also wonderful (in both drawings i have to say that i rather prefer ban than ginji... it's no like ginji didn't like me, but ban is just better Smiley and ban with that institute outfit... lovely!

And one thing I wanted to you ask... have you ever tried any other drawing style? I mean, I like drawing manga and I'm not that bad (not that good either...) but i also like drawing portraits, landscapes, etc. If you wanna be an artist you have to know how to draw everything! Wink and I know you will be really good!  Grin

Well, i think I have already written too much, you'll get tired reading the post! xD

Get better and never stop drawing! I'm sending you good wishes right now! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
blumental

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:36 pm »

Aw shucks! I'm really glad you like them!  Grin Grin Grin

Thanks for the compliments! It's one of the best things when someone can look at a work and describe what's good and what's bad about it. We need more people like you.  Wink
Ginji's colour scheme was the toughest 'cos he has so many accessories and details, he went through several different colour changes, but it worked out in the end. Whew!

But really, thank you for your wonderful imagination that make these drawings so interesting to colour! <3<3<3
I look forward to seeing more great work from you!

Just wondering though, are you using wooden pencils for these drawings? Might I suggest trying mechanical pencils? Yeah I know art teachers are always going NO MECHANICAL PENCILS!1!1!! but, I think you'll get cleaner, darker lines, which will help with the manga style look. Although your current pencil line work already gives a sense of softness and warmth, so I'm not sure... I think I'm confusing myself @___@
Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
evilninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2012, 05:57:53 pm »

Your stuff is really cute.  I hope you are still drawing and will put up some more.
Report Spam   Logged

Tarot readings and more  --  www.hermittarot.webs.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: