News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 19, 2024, 01:04:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A GB Story

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A GB Story  (Read 473 times)
Mayumi-san

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:06 pm »

Hi everyone!

Let me just start off by saying that I write fanfics.

I know the GB series has been over for years now, but if you're like me, you probably still hunger for anything new regarding our favorite retrieval duo.  Although it doesn't seem likely that we will get a new official GB story arc, in my mind, the adventures of the great Get Backers will continue to go on.  In short, I let my imagination get the best of me, and I continue to write fanfics.

Sooo... If you're bored, and up for it, you can read my crackfic attempt at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2302674/1/Of_Dreams_And_Magic.  I know this doesn't even come close to the epic-ness of the GB story, but it's very quiet now in the GB community, and this is my own way of keeping the GB fandom alive.  But yeah, this one's crack.

It's a work in progress, so feedback is welcome.

Did I mention that it's crack? (Just making sure that you know what you should expect... Smiley)

To the moderators, I'm not sure what section this post should be on (Is fanfic art? Probably not...), so if it's in the wrong section, please feel free to move it to the appropriate one.

- Mayumi-san
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

I'm always on the lookout for new GB fanfic!  I'll definitely check this out!

I'm not sure we have an appropriate section for fanfic -- I'll look into it, though.  For now, at least, this seems like a good place for your story link.  I'm of the opinion that fanfic can be considered art!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Mayumi-san

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 08:15:15 pm »

Thanks, Lin!  It has been quiet around here, as well as in FF.net lately, that I sometimes wonder where all the GB fans are.  This forum reminds me that yes, there are still GB fans around  Smiley  So thank you for maintaining this site.  It's very much appreciated!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: