News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 16, 2024, 05:48:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hi!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 768 times)
Lucaci

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2012, 11:03:41 am »

Hi there! Newbie introducing herself.
I discovered Get backers a year ago, I watched the anime and completely fell in love with it,  but then knowing my luck I feared I wouldn't be able to find the manga... not even in english (I'm spanish speaking ^^  please bear with me  Grin ) but then I discovered it was being translated and felt really REALLY HAPPY!! So thank you very much.
Anyway, I hope I can meet other fans of this very very wonderful manga! 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 03:26:27 pm »

Hello and welcome!!  I am also a person who fell in love with Get Backers in the anime first, and then went looking for the manga.  It's been a long time waiting to have these final volumes in English, but it's only whetted my appetite.

Make yourself at home and post often so we can get to know you better as well!  Oh, and don't worry about a language barrier, this forum is one of the most diverse forums I've seen as far as languages spoken goes!  We all seem to be able to communicate just fine.

Again, welcome.  Let us know if you have any questions!  I pass through here frequently and will be happy to help you out if you aren't sure about anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:30:38 pm »

Hello and welcome!!  I am also a person who fell in love with Get Backers in the anime first, and then went looking for the manga.  It's been a long time waiting to have these final volumes in English, but it's only whetted my appetite.

Make yourself at home and post often so we can get to know you better as well!  Oh, and don't worry about a language barrier, this forum is one of the most diverse forums I've seen as far as languages spoken goes!  We all seem to be able to communicate just fine.

Again, welcome.  Let us know if you have any questions!  I pass through here frequently and will be happy to help you out if you aren't sure about anything.

Thank you!
Being able to read it until the end it's definitely exciting and I'm not gonna lie, a little saddening knowing there won't be more retrieval duo  Sad  but it's been worth the wait and I'm glad I came across it, I don't know many mangas and I rarely find one that I love as much as this one. 
Good to know about the diversity of languages, it sounds like fun haha.  And thank you again, I'll try to participate as much as I can!
Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55:59 pm »

I started reading get backers like two years ago and i actually had to stop at volume 20 cause there wasn't anymore volumes translated! Sad
but i'm finally going to be able to reach the end!!! thanks to this fantastic web!  Grin
but I'm with you... knowing that's the end it's pretty sad...

pd. we, spanish speakers, are invading the forums! xD
Report Spam   Logged
Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 07:55:55 am »

I started reading get backers like two years ago and i actually had to stop at volume 20 cause there wasn't anymore volumes translated! Sad
but i'm finally going to be able to reach the end!!! thanks to this fantastic web!  Grin
but I'm with you... knowing that's the end it's pretty sad...

pd. we, spanish speakers, are invading the forums! xD

Haha well I'll feel at home then Wink though I guess we are from all around the world.
the ending will be bitter sweet for sure! But there's always re-reading it... there are things I haven't fully understood yet.
and maybe someday we'll get a special chapter or a re-make of the anime... I know I'm dreaming but... it doesn't hurt right?

Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 05:05:56 pm »

hahaha well it doesn't really matter where are we from as long as we can understand each other Cheesy
and... i still have to watch the entire anime!!
I started reading gb after seeing one chapter on tv some time ago. but I have only seen a few chapters, I have never watched the complete anime! I think I 'll probably watch it after finishing the manga.
Report Spam   Logged
Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 07:02:59 pm »

True, true! that's the beauty of the internet haha Cheesy
Well I got hooked with the series by watching the anime in two days XD but the manga was what made me fall in love with it! I liked the characters design in the anime, and the funny episodes lol but if it had been more faithful to the manga it would have been a lot better. so a remake would be awesome!
Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 01:06:18 pm »

yeah! now that the manga's finished the could make a remake.
like they did with full metal alchemist, the first anime had a different story from the manga, and then after the manga ended they did full metal alchemist brotherhood, which follows the original story.
as you said, dreaming is free!
Report Spam   Logged
Mazead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 02:42:11 am »

Hello Lucaci, am new over here
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: