News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 05:15:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

File Host Servers

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: File Host Servers  (Read 381 times)
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2012, 10:15:06 am »

Due legal actions against file host servers in the US, there has been many host servers being closed downing or other new policies being established. (Ex. Only allowing users to download from their own account or banning US IP address) Here are a list of popular file host servers and what is happening to them:

4shared: Mass deletion and waits in line at the FBI.
FileJungle (Owned by FileServe): Closed affiliate program, Mass deletion, Locked in the U.S IP
FilePost: Started suspending accounts with infringing material (doing what Hotfile did)
FileServe: Closed affiliate program. Mass deletion.Under FBI.
FileSonic (Owned by Fileserve): Closed file-sharing completely
MediaFire: has started to delete files & accounts. Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI
MegaUpload: Closed by FBI
RapidShare: is gonna close soon (Bought by a German Music Industry so...sooner or later there will be problems with illegal songs)
UploadStation (Owned by FileServe): Mass deletion, Testing USA IP blocking, losed affiliate program, Closed file-sharing completely on 23 Jan
UploadBox: Closed, (UploadBox file hosting service is no longer available. All files will be deleted on January 30th. )
UploadStation: Deleting accounts. Locked in US.
Uploaded: Banned USA IP addresses. FBI went after the owners who are gone.
Wupload: Closed affiliate program, still works though.
x7.to: Closed

*Please know I will not be updating this list. I am merely using it as example.

As you can see, many of these are well-known and under the pressure from the FBI. Not also mention, there other legal actions from other types of file sharing services like Org torrent and Network Share mIRC. This will be hetic of mess before everything calms down if it ever does. No doubt that there will be many scars from this mess. In the meantime, I will try to upload the few remaining chapters and last volume onto many different servers as possible. Please don't complain if I don't upload to your favorite host server...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:19:43 am by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »

Thanks for this list.  It's a wider ranging problem than I realized!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: