News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:34:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

GB 1st, 2nd, 3rd futures??

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GB 1st, 2nd, 3rd futures??  (Read 462 times)
ACS17

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2011, 01:23:35 am »

So can someone kindly explain what's those futures all about, I'm confused at some point, correct me if I'm wrong but here's what I think...

1st future is the current time they're in...It's the worst future
2nd future is what masaki and the curse knights were after, don't know if it's good or bad future.
3rd future is whatGB and the others were after and is the good future where there is peace??

Can someone explain it so I can clearly understand where the story is heading, thx  Grin
You can add additional info to the story too.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »

It's not totally clear at this point in the story. But the gist of it seems to be:

1st Future: The future the Archiver wants. Essentially a "hard reset" of the world, where everything is remade and everyone is completely under the Archiver's control with no free will.

2nd Future: The future that Masaki and the cursed knights want. The actions of VOLTS were putting humanity on the path to this future - though only Masaki understood it in these terms. This future also seems to have no free will, but the details of that aren't clear. I guess originally, Raitei would be the intended "lord of rebirth" for this future, but when Ginji left the Infinity Fortress Masaki took over that role.

3rd Future: The "free" future with no ruler or "lord of rebirth" or whatever. Masaki and the Archiver both see this future as being completely chaotic and don't think that anyone should want it to come to pass. However, this is the future that MakubeX, Ginji, and the others are working toward.
Report Spam   Logged
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »

I totally agree with Shisui's post. That's what I understood  from the multiple futures thing. I'd just like to add the connection I think it has with the lost time.

1st Future: It would be a desert, because there would be no free will, and so no proper life. The Archiver(God, or now Clock, whatever that thing is) would have control of everything. Past, present and future would be under his total control.

2nd Future: The Cursed Knights's future. I see that  future as the eternal era of war between the Volts and the Archiver. In this future the Archiver controls the past, Volts and the Archiver fight for control of the present and no one controls the future, however the Archiver might thik he does. This future leads to noting.

3rd Future: The future where GB retrieved the lost time. The Archiver would control nothing, I don't even know if he'd exist in this future. In this future each person controls its own destiny and time. Volts would be just a memory. GB would retrieve the lost time and solve the mistery of Infity Fortress, and so Ginji and Ban would go separate ways.

I expect a dramatic end for the manga, like the revelation of a great truth, Ginji meeting his mom, Ban telling his mother she's a bitch and that he loves and cosinder Maria as his mom.
Report Spam   Logged
ACS17

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:54:10 am »

I guess I got the meaning of the futures half right....But does this mean the voodoo king and kagami have the same goal as the archiver or do they have their own?? And I think it's about time they show the face of the voodoo king instead of just showing a shadow of him Undecided

Report Spam   Logged
Endrance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:37:02 pm »

I'm not getting why are they afraid of the 3rd future. They say doom will fall upon them and there will be disaster, but, in what way? just because the archiver is no longer in control of what happens?
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 08:21:19 am »

I'm not getting why are they afraid of the 3rd future. They say doom will fall upon them and there will be disaster, but, in what way? just because the archiver is no longer in control of what happens?

I think that's about the size of it.  I think they are imagining that the 3rd future will be chaos because it will not be under anyone's control.  They can't conceive of anything good coming out of a situation that isn't under their tight control; whereas, it very well could be the best future imaginable, if it's chosen for the right reasons!
Report Spam   Logged

mightymangojuice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:20:49 pm »

I guess I got the meaning of the futures half right....But does this mean the voodoo king and kagami have the same goal as the archiver or do they have their own?? And I think it's about time they show the face of the voodoo king instead of just showing a shadow of him Undecided

I think that whoever wins the Ogre Tournament and want the first future is the one who controls it, so if the Voodoo King wins, then he will control everything the archiver would have controlled, if that makes any sense. So essentially I think that Voodoo and Kagami have the same goal as the archiver in a sense that one of them will be an absolute ruler.
Not sure how correct I am. But that's just what I got from the scans.
Report Spam   Logged
tesco

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:11:12 am »

Well, we shouldnt forget why the archiver, as a cartesian and linear entity, fears chaos and entropy. So this third future without any soso ruler, deprived of logic walls and full of entropy is out of its understanding...which in a way is a flaw in GB scenario because Artificial Intelligence couldnt be afraid of chaos and entropy which are part always part of reality. It s a common error to describe an artificial intelligence in a so simplistic way like "digits are linear so an AI is linear". It s an aberration and happily real research in AI doesnt share that childish point of view.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: