News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 12:40:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Change Release Schedule

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Release Schedule  (Read 1344 times)
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2011, 10:03:04 am »

Both Shusui and I have decide to slow down the releasing of each chapter. Instead of one per week, we decide to release one per two weeks. He and I would have prefer to stick to original schedule, but with our real life taking up so much of our time and later chapter are being difficult to edit/translate, we are forced to change the release schedule to one chapter every other week.  The change will not be implemented until chapter 9, which wasn't so different from what I had plan to do with the last volume. Yes, I decide to do the last volume...cause some people managed to convince me! I won't go to reasons how they convince me...but lets say it was very convincing. Anyway, I had originally planned to release chapter of the last volume every other week, since there is already a edited version of last volume. Now I am merely starting it two chapters earlier! I know that most of you are happy about us releasing last volume...but upset about the release schedule of each chapter. BUT don't blame us...just blame life. It decided to happen!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 04:12:53 pm »

It's okay - in fact, we're glad to hear you're doing the last volume as well! Better stick to the series till its very end, don't you think? Wink We won't mind you taking the time you need, I'm sure there are lots of people on this forum who have lives to live as well. Good things await those who wait, isn't that correct? And quality scans - both in terms of translation and editing work - of Get Backers surely is one of those good things well worth wating for! Grin

Good luck, both of you! Kiss Be cheering you~
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 09:33:09 pm »

Yay for releasing the last volume -- and slowing things down is definitely a good plan, especially if it helps you and Shusui cope with your busy lives!  I like the idea of savoring the final chapters more slowly.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 10:23:37 am »

Oh, thanks for your wonderful comments. I would love to finish off this awesome series...even if it will take me a bit longer than expected!  Grin Meh, that's life for you! It always gets in my way of fun!  Wink Well at least, I can guarantee better quality...and maybe less work for Lin!  Hopefully! Tongue  And for those  people whom don't want to wait, you can always read the other groups version!! HA ha! *runs away like coward*
Report Spam   Logged
hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 12:36:08 pm »

Waiting is good. When all you are talking about is a slight delay. At least we are still going to get it. So many groups are shutting down. Most of them for real life reasons. I'd rather get it a little later than not at all. You guys are awesome. I'm still sad that the group that finally decided to pick up Rebirth is shutting down. So it's once again in limbo. Those who wish to whine and complain about the new schedule should just be thankful that you aren't shutting down.

And hey, it's only a two week wait. I'm not sure of GB's original release schedule, but a lot of mangas run in monthly magazines, so it's a month wait for every chapter. I'm reading a few of those. Even though the scanlation team gets it out in a couple of days, they have to wait for the mag to be published each month. Believe me, two weeks is nothing.

Thank you for bringing us the chapters. I appreciate each and every one.
Report Spam   Logged
Catnip

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:02 pm »

We won't mind waiting. After all, we get to read Get Backers for free! Thanks for all your efforts! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
berniebear

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 11:58:15 pm »

That is absolutely fine!  I'm still just so grateful that I get to read these chapters at all!  Seriously, you are all amazing people for doing this and I can't thank you enough.  I could not fault you at all for needing a little more time and to be honest, two weeks isn't even that long a wait.  Thanks for the chapters and thanks for your work!
Report Spam   Logged

"All the best people are broken."
-Jennifer Lawson (The Bloggess)
gamogamo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:40:36 am »

Take all the time you need, we're grateful to be able to even read this series in its completion at all. Thanks so much! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
gupita

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:27:01 pm »

YAY you are going to do the last volume, thank you so much for your work !!!!

THANKS!!!
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 09:10:02 pm »

yep, waiting is fine! Cheesy RL comes first, and thanks so much for deciding to do the last volume! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Silverthorn

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:35 pm »

How much has been released by now?
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »

How much has been released by now?

We're one chapter short of completing Volume 38 -- so just one volume to go after that!

Looks like you have 15 posts, so you should be able to access the Projects and Releases section where the latest chapters are posted for download.  If not, then try logging out and logging back in again; sometimes it's not as automatic as it should be.
Report Spam   Logged

tsu

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

do u think u will do the vol 39 after completing the 38 guys?
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:09 pm »

do u think u will do the vol 39 after completing the 38 guys?

Yes, we're planning on doing Volume 39!  Volume 38 was just completed this week, but those chapters are only available at the moment to those who have 15 posts or more on the forum.  Eventually, the volume will be made available in the Downloading links thread.
Report Spam   Logged

leecher

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2011, 03:17:27 pm »

great to hear that, im looking for gb like... forever
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: