News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 07:02:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A few signatures I made.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few signatures I made.  (Read 556 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2010, 08:47:13 pm »

From Psyren, the star commanders

Rena Arisugawa from World Embryo, most of you have probably never heard of the manga.

Abyss/Dark Amamiya from Psyren

« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 08:48:44 pm by Vent the North » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 07:34:52 am »

Ohhh! So pretty! I love these new sigs. I am surprised by the choice them! You choose less well-known series! Though personally, I really like Pysren! Especially with this new arch, everyone is getting stronger. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 02:30:03 pm »

I actually like to make sigs from less well known series rather then from shows that everyone knows. Its my way of trying to get others to read series outside of the mainstream ones.

Heres another sig.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:08:50 pm »

I actually like to make sigs from less well known series rather then from shows that everyone knows. Its my way of trying to get others to read series outside of the mainstream ones.

Well, that does make a lot of sense!  Wink  I just can't believe you already created another one, already! You must be  on fire! Oh, this new To Aru Majestu rocks! Accelerator looks really cool!
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 01:59:24 pm »

And now something competely different. A sig from me. My favorite by the way. Sadly I never used it.

LINK:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/blazin-barrels-sign.jpg
Bigger but blurred LINK:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/blazin-barrels-sign-bb.jpg

It started as sig image for Blazin' Barrels but kept evolving on the way to the point where I planned to start using it as my Franky House signature. Too late I realized that no matter how I cropped it, resize would kill all it's details. Figures.
What makes this quite amazing is that I made it before I had any experience from photoshop (as you can see from failed leveling). So whole thing is made with cut, copy, paste and blur.

Reason I like this though, is the inside joke in it. Random (as Sting) wondering about annoyance (Kickthekitty as Leanne) that just appeared from somewhere. (I made this while our group took it's first serious form.)  It makes more sence if you have read Blazin' Barrels v1.

Here's one I might actually use in forums. (If I edit it a bit first.)
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/desert-coral-v01-sign.jpg
This is a very crude sig image I made for Desert Coral release. But still it somehow seems to reflect my entire life philosyphy.
Report Spam   Logged

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 06:38:48 pm »

Heres another sig.

Well it just might have worked on me!! :L
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 10:02:14 pm »

Heres another sig.

Well it just might have worked on me!! :L

What do you mean?
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 06:55:23 am »

And now something competely different. A sig from me. My favorite by the way. Sadly I never used it.

LINK:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/blazin-barrels-sign.jpg
Bigger but blurred LINK:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/blazin-barrels-sign-bb.jpg

It started as sig image for Blazin' Barrels but kept evolving on the way to the point where I planned to start using it as my Franky House signature. Too late I realized that no matter how I cropped it, resize would kill all it's details. Figures.
What makes this quite amazing is that I made it before I had any experience from photoshop (as you can see from failed leveling). So whole thing is made with cut, copy, paste and blur.

Reason I like this though, is the inside joke in it. Random (as Sting) wondering about annoyance (Kickthekitty as Leanne) that just appeared from somewhere. (I made this while our group took it's first serious form.)  It makes more sence if you have read Blazin' Barrels v1.

Here's one I might actually use in forums. (If I edit it a bit first.)
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/desert-coral-v01-sign.jpg
This is a very crude sig image I made for Desert Coral release. But still it somehow seems to reflect my entire life philosyphy.

I thought  Blazin' Barrels  looked pretty good! Most of details have disappeared but the coolness factor from picture isn't gone! Wink As for new sig. I think it funny! I would never have guts to say that out loud...my mother/probable family would kill me...or maybe just severely maim me! They hate irresponsible people...even though sometimes I swear they are... Wink

What do you mean?
I think Rodlyn might use the sig...
Report Spam   Logged
Lirin-sama

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2010, 02:36:19 pm »

*Jaw drops* Those are awesome! I love the Rena Arisugawa one! That one is really cool, I love World Embryo and that's the first sig I've seen of any character from that manga.
Report Spam   Logged
kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 02:38:52 pm »

wow. I don't know what to say. So stunning *__* that guy in your avatar (vent's ava) look so hot! XD ahhaha...
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 01:12:48 am »

wow. I don't know what to say. So stunning *__* that guy in your avatar (vent's ava) look so hot! XD ahhaha...

Oh, That's Accelerator from  To Aru Majutsu no Index. He is the antagonist of novel 3/the sisters arc in the anime who killed over 10,000 clones of the main heroine. He later turned good in novel 5 and kind of half way redeemed himself.

*Jaw drops* Those are awesome! I love the Rena Arisugawa one! That one is really cool, I love World Embryo and that's the first sig I've seen of any character from that manga.

I actually found the stock for that while browsing through pixiv. World embryo is a really good manga.
Report Spam   Logged

Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »

Well, I feel it's about time I do a real comment.  
I mean I have started 3 threads to this subforum (one thread was moved) and yet haven't posted single opinion as far.

Problem is that my comments will mainly be negative...  
Don't take me wrong. I don't wish to insult or troll. These sigs are great! You clearly have lot practice of making them. And I doupt I could produce anything even near this good.
I just.. try to be serious. I think criticism should always be very negative. How else can we get forward? Or improve?

I feel that best way I can respect Vent is to give my most honest and cruelest opinions. And I hope you will some day do the same to me.

. . . . . .

-2 Psyren signatures.
I dislike the art style in these signatures. So I can't criticize them. This style isn't for me and that gets me stuck. Completely stuck. So I can't make any opinions of them as signatures.

-World Embryo.
Now, this style is totally for me.  Cheesy  I love the art, and not just because there a hot chick in there.
Nice action, nice self-assured look on her face, nice clothing.  Grin
But artwork on girl has a internal conflict. The hair clashes with blades. Meaning those blades concentrate attention while hair is spreading it.
Let me show you what I mean: (With crudely edited example.)

I don't mean that pic would look better without hair. Because it doesn't. But conflicts like that are poison. If only those blades were set differently...
Then there's a second conflict with jacket and the background. The background itself is great! I like this round shape and it's border decoration. I also like the way girl and jacket come out of that circle. But we can't see enough of the background. That jacket and hair cover it almost completely! I can't quite describe why, but it really bothers me.
(Another crudely edited example:)

-signature from reply#2
Absolutely beautiful. I tried to find something significant to complain but just couldn't.  Your choise of artwork, colors, glow, even that little kid, all beautiful.
So I shall complain about something not so significant. I think your being a bit shy with contrast or saturation editing.
(Yet one more crudely edited example:)

Why not blow peoples minds? Saturate until it hurts. Blind us. Especially with magenda...
I don't like the used border in this case. It stands out strongly and therefore steals attention from artwork at edges.

-your current signature.
Mostly same as above comment except this time your choise of border works! Nice feathering. But there seems to be some jagged line in the feathering...  I know I'm being anal-retentive here, but that's only thing separating you from perfection.

Report Spam   Logged

Hecate-O

The Arkham Asylum is like a Wonderland for me...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 06:01:29 am »

Amazing ones!!! Good job!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: