News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 20, 2024, 06:08:31 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

A few signatures I made.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few signatures I made.  (Read 574 times)
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2010, 05:34:42 pm »

Well, I feel it's about time I do a real comment.  
I mean I have started 3 threads to this subforum (one thread was moved) and yet haven't posted single opinion as far.

Problem is that my comments will mainly be negative...  
Don't take me wrong. I don't wish to insult or troll. These sigs are great! You clearly have lot practice of making them. And I doupt I could produce anything even near this good.
I just.. try to be serious. I think criticism should always be very negative. How else can we get forward? Or improve?

I feel that best way I can respect Vent is to give my most honest and cruelest opinions. And I hope you will some day do the same to me.

. . . . . .

-2 Psyren signatures.
I dislike the art style in these signatures. So I can't criticize them. This style isn't for me and that gets me stuck. Completely stuck. So I can't make any opinions of them as signatures.

-World Embryo.
Now, this style is totally for me.  Cheesy  I love the art, and not just because there a hot chick in there.
Nice action, nice self-assured look on her face, nice clothing.  Grin
But artwork on girl has a internal conflict. The hair clashes with blades. Meaning those blades concentrate attention while hair is spreading it.
Let me show you what I mean: (With crudely edited example.)

I don't mean that pic would look better without hair. Because it doesn't. But conflicts like that are poison. If only those blades were set differently...
Then there's a second conflict with jacket and the background. The background itself is great! I like this round shape and it's border decoration. I also like the way girl and jacket come out of that circle. But we can't see enough of the background. That jacket and hair cover it almost completely! I can't quite describe why, but it really bothers me.
(Another crudely edited example:)

-signature from reply#2
Absolutely beautiful. I tried to find something significant to complain but just couldn't.  Your choise of artwork, colors, glow, even that little kid, all beautiful.
So I shall complain about something not so significant. I think your being a bit shy with contrast or saturation editing.
(Yet one more crudely edited example:)

Why not blow peoples minds? Saturate until it hurts. Blind us. Especially with magenda...
I don't like the used border in this case. It stands out strongly and therefore steals attention from artwork at edges.

-your current signature.
Mostly same as above comment except this time your choise of border works! Nice feathering. But there seems to be some jagged line in the feathering...  I know I'm being anal-retentive here, but that's only thing separating you from perfection.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: