News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 04:49:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What's next?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's next?  (Read 111 times)
cheebuguh

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2011, 01:01:38 am »

I'm sorry if this isn't the right section..

Anyway, as we all know this Getbackers scanning project is soon coming to an end. This is the last volume Getbackers Manga Scans will be doing, as volume 39 had already been done by someone else right?

So I'm just curious, what are you guys up to next? It's been a fun ride and I'm so grateful to you guys for scanning this manga that no one else probably would. Are you going to continue scanning and find a new project? Or will you finally retire from the scanning world? (I'm sure it is a very tedious job to do.. hehe.)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:15:26 am »

I don't know if you've noticed the scrolling banner at the top of the forum here, but there is interest in doing a Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project.  I don't know if the current team wants to be involved in that or not or whether there's been any progress in finding the personnel for doing that as yet, but it's an idea worth pursuing!

I can't fully speak for the project team, but I think there may be a possibility that the team will go ahead and do Volume 39 as well, partly because (as I understand it) the person who did it previously does not plan on distributing it publicly for online reading.  Our team shares the chapters after a week's wait with online reading sites, so if there was no Volume 39, I think there'd be a GB fan mutiny or something.   Grin  I guess we'll see when we get to the end of the current Volume.

Even if there were no other projects in the offing, I'd like to think that this forum would remain and that we'd be able to participate in GB discussions!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: