News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 06:58:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

DUB or SUB

Poll
Question: Which one do you think is better?
Dub - 0 (0%)
Sub - 10 (100%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DUB or SUB  (Read 496 times)
weirdfire

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2011, 07:18:15 am »

I saw that no one has started a poll like this so here it is.

Well the best one for me is subbed because plainly the English voice version just doesn't sound right to me, it downright sounds weird. Sorry that's just how I feel.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:49:56 am »

This is an excellent poll, thanks for noticing that we needed one like this!  I know there has been some discussion of preferences between dub and sub, but not a poll as far as I recall.

I also prefer the subbed version.  That's the one I watched when I was first introduced to Ginji and Ban, and since I'm a major fan of Ginji's voice actor, I just have to go with subbed, don't I?   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

weirdfire

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:57:23 pm »

Thanks for being the first one to participate! I listened to the dubbed version and it doesn't sound quite right especially when Ginji says Ban-chan!  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
captainsobe

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:27:38 am »

Though I understand watching anime in a language you understand is good, I feel like its committing a sin that should land you in the 3rd level of hell. Not to mention the voices sucks compared to the subbed version.
Report Spam   Logged
rohan16

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 09:40:33 pm »

I prefer Subs usually... but the first time i saw GetBackers was on Animax when it was dubbed... So I already have this idea of how Ban is supposed to sound or how Ginji is... I ll have to go with DUB here
Report Spam   Logged
fbunawan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 02:34:37 pm »

SUB FTW!!!! Really, one of the main reason why I would watch Anime is the seiyuus (voice actors). I would gladly pick up any anime with Fukuyama Jun or Miyano Mamoru in it. It's just nicer to listen they portray Ginji or Ban in the anime by their voice. And really, Dubs just kill me.
Report Spam   Logged
clandestined

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 11:58:59 pm »

I don't think I've ever liked a dub more than the original voices...same thing applies to GB. Japanese voice actors are too good!!
Report Spam   Logged
fletcherpugh25

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:15:06 pm »

prefer subs but sometimes when I am lazy reading, I just switch to dub as I have the dual audio mkvs for all the eps
Report Spam   Logged
tristal

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 11:17:38 am »

my pick is subs not just for get backers for all anime . i dont know why but dub sounds funny and not normal .
Report Spam   Logged
Blade17

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 03:47:01 am »

It's always better to hear a series with it's original voices. I mean, they're the original ones, dub is just a copy of these.
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2012, 11:52:32 am »

if long as the dub's very good or better, i'll go with that, but i default to subtitles. and if i grew up one or the other, i prefer that for nostalgia value unless it's truly atocious.

as for getbackers--sub.
Report Spam   Logged
Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 05:55:55 pm »

Tough one for me... I am mostly of the idea that everything is better with the original audio, (I can't even watch dubbed movies) but when it comes to anime I don't mind some latin spanish dubs. I guess I got too familiarized with them, I don't know... they just sound like anime to me  Tongue 
As long as they stick to neutral spanish and they don't mess it up and assign a voice actor who doesn't match the character at all I like it. I watched the dub version of Get Backers first and I got used to it, but I can't really pick one. No idea about the english dub though   Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 07:03:03 pm »

well, maybe that's because I'm a really lazy person but i really prefer the dubbed version! reading is so tiring... xD
also, when reading, i feel that i can't really put all my atention on what's happening and the images.
Moreover, the animes translated to my language (catalan, a minor language in Spain) have in general really good voice over actors, and well I'm really used to them!
Report Spam   Logged
B00m3r

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 07:12:50 pm »

subtitled!!!, many aspects are lost in the dubbing (like the humor related to japanese terms or words), and most of the time the voices are terrible
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: