News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
July 16, 2018, 09:45:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 46 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2011, 03:30:55 pm »

'Fess up, bronies. Cool So, who here watches this lovely little show?

I watch it because it has:
1) fantastic animation, which is even more impressive when you consider the fact that it's done entirely in Flash!
2) strong voice-acting, even during instances when a voice actress is speaking to herself (ie voicing two characters who happens to have a conversation with each other).
3) catchy songs and a rather neat soundtrack as well! Just Youtube "Winter Wrap Up" and prove me wrong.
4) rounded characters that proove that a girl can be as feminine as she wants and still be a fantastic person! Too many shows seem to think that for a female character to be strong, she must act masculine (which is horribly sexist towards both genders), but this show goes in the opposite direction and gives us girly-girls (except for Rainbow Dash and arguably Applejack) who aren't degrading to women. But they aren't Mary Sues either - they are CHARACTERS with strong personalities and many conflicting feelings, good traits and bad traits, they make mistakes or can save the day, depending on the situation. And they are always consistently written! Which leads us to...
5) a great script that sucessfully combines the epic fantasy/magic elements of the earliest My Little Pony cartoon with the more down-to-earth slice of life aspects of My Little Pony Tales. Again, it doesn't look down on children, and maneges to be very, very cute while also being extremely funny! The show is aware of itself and its random humor reflects that!

In conclusion, it's just a really good show. I won't call it the Citizen Kane of cartoons or anything, but it certainly is a whole lot better than many cartoons as of lately - especially when it comes to My Little Pony shows, who are just made to promote toys anyway. Or, heck, cartoons targeting girls in general. Yes, this show HAS been getting a lot of hype on the internet, but it's not undeserved of its praise either - there's got to be something good about if it makes testosteron-laden macho men of the internet proudly call themselves "bronies" (bro + ponies), and MEAN IT, in a completely non-ironic way.

My favourite pony is without a doubt Fluttershy. She's just.... so... damn... ADORABLE! Really, what can I say about her that hasn't been said already? She also has a very pretty character design. I love her long, graceful mane and tail. Kiss Speaking of pink, Pinkie Pie is fantastic! Just about everything she says or does is destined to become an internet meme of some sorts! She's a prime example of the term Fountain of Memes, if you want.

So, got any bronies here? Come on, don't be shy~ Grin
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 03:39:07 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: