News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:02:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Anime Similar to Get Backers

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anime Similar to Get Backers  (Read 3973 times)
mudcore

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2011, 04:56:00 am »

any manga without much romance? just action and friendship and family? like GB? thanks!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

carrasussnasado

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2011, 12:31:45 am »

fairy tail has the sense of comradery that get backers has (granted, that is over a much larger group of people).
Report Spam   Logged
zweixdrei
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:46:36 am »

search for other mangas of rando ayamine. for example
Oniwaka to Ushiwaka: Edge of the World
Holy Talker
the charas are really similar to those of getbackers.
Report Spam   Logged
mudcore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 11:47:33 pm »

Holy Talker

Do you know where I can read oniwaka and ushiwaka? I found the earlier chapters in mangafox but i guess they stopped scanning the rest
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 07:52:13 am »

Holy Talker

Do you know where I can read oniwaka and ushiwaka? I found the earlier chapters in mangafox but i guess they stopped scanning the rest

Unfortunately, Oniwaka to Ushiwaka is on hiatus for the time being.  Here's a link to the news article about it:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-06-10/getbackers-rando-ayamine-takes-hiatus-to-recuperate

There's also a thread at the forums here about the manga, since it's being done by the same folks who brought us Get Backers.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:56:04 am by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

didop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 04:07:51 pm »

If you don't mind something with a school setting, try Ao no Exorcist?
It's a relatively new series, but definitely has that same Friendship/Family vibe as Getbackers. Funny and action-packed, too Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
weirdfire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 06:51:05 am »

I gotta say you could try (if you haven't already) Bleach, One Piece, Beelzebub, Naruto, Ao no Exorcist, Reborn, D. Grayman. That's about the only ones I can think of right now.
Report Spam   Logged
mudcore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 11:16:52 pm »

I started watching Ao no Exorcist and it's good so far. And then I found No. 6 and I think it was one of the best. too bad it has only 11 episodes. I think it's close to the get backers ingredients, friendship/scifi/fantasy less romance. I'm a huge scifi sucker and it's one of the reasons why I love gb manga over the anime. Anyway, another one is Bus Gamer, not scifi though, but one character looks like it was patterned to ginji, with yellow hair too. but the anime has only 3 ep. argh, it's like all the stuff I liked were short run series.
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 02:20:50 am »

hmmm. but no. 6 has a completely different feel and bus gamer was cut before it even started tho?

ao no exorcist, i can give you that. anyway, anime like getbackers... lots of action, no romance, maybe some family... hmmm. have you seen black cat?
Report Spam   Logged
mudcore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 04:16:50 am »

hmmm. but no. 6 has a completely different feel and bus gamer was cut before it even started tho?

ao no exorcist, i can give you that. anyway, anime like getbackers... lots of action, no romance, maybe some family... hmmm. have you seen black cat?

Now that you've mentioned it, yea I think No. 6 have different feel but they have the same ingredients. One thing I love about gb manga is the details of scifi (like electric eel for ginji's powers, the missing link, magenjou construction, alternate universes in divine design what not) they're not just product of pure imagination but also research and no. 6 has that, the neoroscience in safu's script. , the no. 6 city is pretty much like magenjou, the futuristic concept.  No. 6 city and magenjou's politics have similarities as well. then the friendship of sion to nezumi, though it's like implying more than friendship compared to gb. scifi/fantasy/friendship less romance, they're the same from my point of view.

bus gamer has three anime episodes. though it was just three, i enjoyed it so much Smiley

I looked for black cat in mangafox but the manga is licensed. maybe I should watch the anime first. thanks Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 11:41:09 am »

i'm reccing the black cat manga over the anime, but the anime is still enjoyable.

mangafox? i hate that site, WAY too visible and profiteering. xD there are downloads of the whole manga available on the web, though it might take some looking.

as for no. 6... well let's just say ban doesn't give ginji "hot, tender, fierce" kisses except in my imagination. xD if you're looking for in-depth exploration of the sci-fi aspects of no. 6 or a complicated plot, you're kinda out of luck -- while there are skeevy science experiments and stuff gets blown up, the focus is still very much on shion and nezumi's relationship.

...i'm talking about the novels tho, IDK what the manga will do.
Report Spam   Logged
skate.101

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 01:38:36 pm »

If you like the little chibi the I would like to recommend FMA has the same type of humour but the plot is a bit complex ..
Report Spam   Logged
fletcherpugh25

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 03:43:59 pm »

Try yu Yu Hakusho and Flame of Recca. Nice action series with a bit of drama
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: