News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 02:55:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Getbackers Manga Downloading Links

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: Getbackers Manga Downloading Links  (Read 26322 times)
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:59:13 pm »

I thought it was weird not have links for the older volumes, since this forum is for Getbackers. So I decide to start a thread for earlier volumes. I will add the volumes after a week has been past for last volume...if I remember to. (Usually I remember, but my mind is going lately!) Please know that this not thread to download the newest chapter, but rather a thread to collect/read the missing chapters or volumes.  The area to download the newest chapter, which is release weekly, can be found Projects and Releases section. The only way to access that section is if you have more than 15 post. Please do not spam the threads. We will WATCHING!

If you like to use online viewer, please use Batoto (latest won't be visible until 7 days are over!) I will keep uploading our group scans to Batoto from volume 28 and forward. Please know that I will NOT be uploading the rest of series onto that site since rest of volumes are translated by our group instead by Tokyopop or Illuminati and their partners!

Also please note that we, Getbackers Manga Scans, have nothing to do with scans before volume 28. Volume 1-3 was released by Illuminati and their partners (http://illuminati-manga.com/). Volume 4-19 was released by BYAAAH. Volume 1-2 and 20-27 was released by Random Scans & Kickthekitty (currently the website is down) and arc1angel2. Volume 27 by S_Jump Forum. I am only providing the links to download for these volumes!

GB v01 or GB v01 (A new version by KicktheKitty!)
GB v02 or GB v02 (A new version by KicktheKitty!)
GB v03
GB v04
GB v05
GB v06
GB v07
GB v08
GB v09
GB v10
GB v11
GB v12
GB v13
GB v14
GB v15
GB v16
GB v17
GB v18
GB v19
GB v20
GB v21
GB v22
GB v23
GB v24
GB v25
GB v26
GB v27
GB v28
GB v29
GB v30
GB v31
GB v32
GB v33
GB v34
GB v35
GB v36
GB v37
GB v38
GB v39 Complete!  Grin

*I will remove the links if the license is pick-up again...but if you happen to keep them when the license is picked up, not my fault!!   Wink

EDIT: I keep forgetting to mention it, but if you hate to download from these host servers, you can always down it from MangaTraders. I usually upload the volumes nearly at the same time! You, of course, need to sign up to download from their site.

And another small note, the easiest way to download when you have slow connection (20 KBs/min or lower) and 50+ MBs to download is to use host server that has long direct connection (like Megaupload)  and downloading program (like Jdownloader).

EDIT: Since kickthekitty's website is down, please know that I replace  those links to his website with the links on host server! Thanks for telling me!

PLEASE LEAVE A NOTE IN THIS THREAD IF YOU FIND ANY OF THE LINKS ARE DEAD OR NOT WORKING -- WE'LL DO OUR BEST TO REPAIR THEM!   Grin

UPDATE DECEMBER 2012:  most of the links are down at the moment; I'm working to replace them!  For now, Volumes 30 through 39 should be working.  If there are any problems with these new links, or if you need a different volume and the link is not working, leave a note in this thread and I'll see what I can do!  ~~ Lin

IMPORTANT UPDATE JANUARY 2013-- Unfortunately, I have had to delete the files I recently uploaded to repair broken links because they resulted in a DMCA complaint put against my Mediafire account.  There will be no updating of broken links for the foreseeable future, as it would seem there are now licensing issues.  Files are still available for download at Manga Traders if you have an account, and Getbackers can be read at numerous online sites, so it's still out there -- just not available here for download at this time.  Sorry about that!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 06:59:53 pm by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:28:30 am »

Thanks Somehow Smiley
Now for some major catch up  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:04:53 pm »

Good thread! This is a great source for people who wish to download the GB manga, wether it's for reading or for material to use in graphics or w/e. Keep it up!

Not that it matters much to me... I already have all volumes by Tokyopop in my bookshelf AND on my harddrive, as well as the aftercoming scanlated chapters so far, so I don't have much downlaoding to do. XD
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:35:54 pm »

You're welcome! I try to finish the rest of download within week, but no guarantees! The mulit-loading server is being a pain the behind, but I want to give people choices on host servers! Lips Sealed What can you do! Anyway, I won't load volume 27 from S Jump Forum until its done! I like to have everything in volumes! It is silly just upload the chapters (especially when you can download them from his site!) than re-upload later in volume! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 05:43:16 am »

JUST A SMALL CORRECTION

Get Backers v21-v25 were released by arc1angel2 (also v20)

How could you miss that sign image:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/getbackers-sign.jpg
(it always cracks me up)

Download links are at my site though:
http://kickthekitty.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/arc1angel2-getbackers-v20-v21-v22-v23-v24/
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:26:39 am »

Oh, really! Thanks for correction. I though arc1angel2 was part of your group, because originally your group had scan the series and later it was edited by arc1angel2 (and I though it was one of many editors that had help out your group)...haa haa my bad! It didn't help that I only read the first version even though I did download the second version (I like collecting my favorite manga on digital...I'm leecher!)...so I missed the credit page! Anyway, I was planning only to put up link to your downloading page for Getbackers once I was done with uploading the earlier volumes from BYAAAH. You after all deserve credit for releasing the scans...and man, it is such a long volume! Just in case you are wondering why I had release the other projects on host servers instead of using their webpage. It is because their situation is bit different! Illuminati's project is on irc and uses another website as host server for project. I will might as well put it up on multi-host server, since website is serving the same purpose. BYAAAH is underground group that has no address and downloads are on torrent...so I have to upload them to downloading mirror. As for S Jump Forum's scan, he had already said that did not mind if people were to create downloading links for the series when he was talking to another person...but I was going to ask him if I can put together the chapters into volumes and host the links on this forum once I reach the higher volumes anyway. Since, the journal webpage format is bit hard to find chapters. But if another group, like your group, was to provide volume 26-27 I just link to your webpage instead...So if you don't mind, I would rather post a link to your site on top of page. Sorry for the misunderstanding! As for volume 20, I was originally going use BYAAAH version since it came out first...but I think I will use arc1angel2 and your  version since it is much more cleaner.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 07:05:52 am by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:08:51 am »

Thank you so much for these links!  It is so nice to have them available here in one place with the newer chapters that are being published.  I own some of the volumes, but not the early ones, and while I can read them online, it would be nice to have them for reading offline, too.  Eventually, I want to own as many hardcopy volumes as are still available, but in the meantime...  Thanks!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

You're welcome! Wink I love to help out! Grin

As for buying the hardcopy, its always a good idea! Hard copy is easier to bring with you than lets say a laptop! The only problem is lack of copies. TokyoPop release only so many copies in USA...and to make it worse since the lost of license to series, they might become a collectable if no one is picking up the license...so good luck on finding them!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:44:11 pm »

JUST A SMALL CORRECTION

Get Backers v21-v25 were released by arc1angel2 (also v20)

How could you miss that sign image:
http://kickthekitty.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/getbackers-sign.jpg
(it always cracks me up)

Download links are at my site though:
http://kickthekitty.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/arc1angel2-getbackers-v20-v21-v22-v23-v24/

It's quite logical that some misunderstanding is bound to happen when the credit sign has a bottom text that clearly says "Scanned by KickTheKitty". Lips Sealed
I made that mistake too over at MangaFox, but I still think that sign image is misleading. Perhaps a new image that correctly states that Arc1Angel2 is the man behind the lovely work would be a great move in order to make us all stop miscrediting the volumes in question?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:57:43 pm »

It's quite logical that some misunderstanding is bound to happen when the credit sign has a bottom text that clearly says "Scanned by KickTheKitty". Lips Sealed
I made that mistake too over at MangaFox, but I still think that sign image is misleading. Perhaps a new image that correctly states that Arc1Angel2 is the man behind the lovely work would be a great move in order to make us all stop miscrediting the volumes in question?  Wink

Yes...it is confusing! But at least the confusion is cleared up! Wink The series was scanned by KickedTheKitty and later on edit by arc1angel2...The recognition of editor is very important! It was very messy scan until he came along!
Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 10:47:23 am »

The sig image really was that confusing?  Undecided 
It seemed so clear to me...
I mean isn't it the usual practice to have scanlator/scanlating group's name with largest font without other text. And then with smaller font scanner/scan provider?

Well, I don't have energy to edit old sigs but for future reference I would be interested to know what should be different. I assure I don't mean to be unclear.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 04:58:53 pm »

The sig image really was that confusing?  Undecided
It seemed so clear to me...
I mean isn't it the usual practice to have scanlator/scanlating group's name with largest font without other text. And then with smaller font scanner/scan provider?

Well, I don't have energy to edit old sigs but for future reference I would be interested to know what should be different. I assure I don't mean to be unclear.

Aacck! I still didn't get right!  Embarrassed Oh, well! I knew that I was getting old! It just better to put the name of group and list jobs that everyone did. Look at our page: http://xs.to/image-02E3_4B90391F.jpg

Which reminds me, I need to update the page...I need a to put your group name as scanlator (raw provider) and take down highway's name as cleaner. I used the raws you provided (Sorry about that!) on Franky and highway is no longer cleaning for us...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:07:03 pm by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged
Kickthekitty

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 11:54:05 pm »

I need a to put your group name as scanlator (raw provider) and take down highway's name as cleaner. I used the raws you provided (Sorry about that!) on Franky and highway is no longer cleaning for us...

All I did in FH was to mirror a torrent to file hosts. That's not worth crediting.
Sadly I don't know where the files in the  torrent originated.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 06:35:37 am »

All I did in FH was to mirror a torrent to file hosts. That's not worth crediting.
Sadly I don't know where the files in the  torrent originat

Well if you don't want the credit, its fine! As for files, I just happy that you found them. If I had to torrent, I might died from all of the waiting! Anyway, thanks for mirror sites anyway! Grin Without them, it would have taken me longer to edit the chapters since it take me twice as long to download them! Torrents can be EVIL! I had one time downloading J-drama file off bittorent and it never finished...it was at 99.3% for 3 days! It seem that no one had the last missing file! And it took 4-5 days to download that much! AAUUUGH! Later on, I had found a site that hosted J-drama file that was looking for...it only took 30 minutes on host server. GIVE ME BACK MY YOUTH!
Report Spam   Logged
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 03:38:56 pm »

awwwwesome!! I'm finally up to date with with ur releases!! was stuck at volume 20 for over a year lol. The total number of volumes is 39 isn't it?? whooopie!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: