News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 07:06:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Hello World

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello World  (Read 163 times)
RelM

Workaholic

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 05:17:22 am »

Intro to another forum eh... Oh well...

The name's RelM. It's small L and not an I. I've been in the manga scanlation scene for quite some time (currently a typesetter for 5 groups)

Anyway, obviously here for the scans. (1/15 yay... haha)

Of course, I'll probably randomly pop up even after the 15 are attained (I know how groups need their thanks)
Report Spam   Logged

Please read
I need space again. Help a typesetter out. I get 250 MB for everyone who registers and installs using this link. You can just uninstall after. NO virus, I assure you on my TSing pride. Anyone who hasn't helped yet please do. If you could tell others please do.
http://db.tt/O0YnVGJ

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 06:14:05 am »

Welcome, welcome, very much welcome! So, you're into scanlation yourself, huh? Tell me what series you're currently working on, and maybe I can take a look at them when I have time. Tongue Anyhow, you've almost filled your post quota, so I hope you feel like home now. Grin Looking forward to see you randomly pop up here from time to time~ Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
RelM

Workaholic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 06:41:23 am »

Quota reached, but I'll be here once in a while since it seems rather fun... Lemme fix my intro a bit:

Like I said, name is RelM (pronounced as realm)
I've been a typesetter for around 2 years now. My starting group was CXC scans.

I am currently a typesetter for: CXC scans, maigo scans, Trinity BAKumA scans, For the Halibut scans, and Village Idiot scans (which is the most recent that I've joined.. probably been with them for a month right now.)

Projects I work on are:
CXC: Sacred Blacksmith, Hanamaru Kindergarten, Kamisama Dolls
Maigo = Tasogare Otome X Amnesia, Paradox Blue, Hitogatana, Himawari, O/A, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
Trinity BAKumA = Addicted to Curry (tho sometimes they ask me to work on other things on rare occasions)
For the Halibut = AKane-iro ni Somaru Saka (it's ending soon, so I'm not sure what project they'll give me next)
Village Idiot scans = I work on anything they ask me to (so far: Spas-Pa, Dousei Recipe, Sekitou Elegy, Trinity 7, Katsuko Otsukaeshimasu!, Go! Tenba Cheerleaders)

Things I did before:
Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Yozakura Quartet, Tokyo ESP (this one is kinda on hiatus for us...)

Basically I work on almost anything as long as it ain't really hentai (or BL/GL)

Of course, as one would guess being in 5 groups can be kinda taxing, but I enjoy my work.
Report Spam   Logged

Please read
I need space again. Help a typesetter out. I get 250 MB for everyone who registers and installs using this link. You can just uninstall after. NO virus, I assure you on my TSing pride. Anyone who hasn't helped yet please do. If you could tell others please do.
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 06:52:58 pm »

Hello and most welcome!  It's great having you on board, and thanks for going past your quota even when you didn't have to.   Cheesy  It will be nice to see you anytime you randomly pop in.

Your current and past manga work is impressive! 

Report Spam   Logged

RelM

Workaholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:43:06 am »

Hello and most welcome!  It's great having you on board, and thanks for going past your quota even when you didn't have to.   Cheesy  It will be nice to see you anytime you randomly pop in.

Your current and past manga work is impressive! 

In my opinion it would be rude to just get 15 posts then stop posting... I ain't here just for the manga (tho it is the main reason...)

Actually I have a lot of chapters of GB to catch up with (I originally planned to wait until the last arc is finished before downloading, but I got impatient. Now I have to begin DLing from vol 30...), so I'll be sticking around for a while.

By "impressive", if you mean my typesets themselves, then I honestly improved quite a bit (if you read my older projects and compare them to my newer ones, you can see the difference)

If you mean the projects themselves, thank you as well. In all honesty, I really love all of the things I work on and take great enjoyment in seeing others show interest in the projects.
Report Spam   Logged

Please read

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: