News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 01:25:36 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Looking to start a new scanlation project

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to start a new scanlation project  (Read 1529 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:53:39 pm »

Since scanlation Holy Talker did not work out, due to the editor that said she was going to scan for us dropping out and scans being hard to find, Ive decided that it may be easier to pick another manga to scan.

After a bit of searching, I found out that one of my favorite anime of all time had a manga counterpart, which is completely different about halfway through the story. That manga is Tokyo Underground, a manga that started serialization in 1998, and was being scanned for a long time, but stopped suddenly for some reason. The last scanlation was v.8 c.43 by Freelancer & Wangan Scans about 2 years ago. If possible, I'd like our group to start where they left off, and continue this manga.

If anyone is interested in scanning this manga, please let me know through the Private Message system on this forum. I don't want to overload Shisui and Somehow_here with another project, so I'd like to get one extra translator and editor to help with this project.

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 11:39:14 pm »

I'm won't be helpful in the translating/editing department, but I wholly support the project!  Tokyo Underground is a favorite of mine as well -- the anime, that is.  I didn't know there was a manga -- it would be great if it could be picked up again and worked on.
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:09:24 pm »

I'm won't be helpful in the translating/editing department, but I wholly support the project!

Tokyo Underground is a favorite of mine as well -- the anime, that is.  I didn't know there was a manga -- it would be great if it could be picked up again and worked on.

I read part of the manga a while back, but stopped when I realized that nobody was releasing new scans. In my opinion, it's better than the anime. The anime was good, but I didn't like the anime-original ending.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:19:44 pm by Vent the North » Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 07:49:30 am »

I remember this series awhile back! It was pretty good! I didn't care for ending either...Hopefully we find someone to edit and translate this wonderful series! As much as like to help out...releasing one chapter per week is pretty hard! Especially since I am the only one editing the series...

Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 09:21:29 pm »

Ive already put out recruitment requests on mangahelpers and narutoforums.com. Anyone have any ideas as to where else to look?
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:55:12 am »

Ive already put out recruitment requests on mangahelpers and narutoforums.com. Anyone have any ideas as to where else to look?

Err, how about mangafox? Some of small groups started from there...and if you want me to, I can also add another recruitment page looking for translators and editors for this series!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:51:43 am »

Ah, That works. I guess I could post a message up on mangafox. If you could add a recruitment age as well that would actually be nice. Thanks SH.
Report Spam   Logged

jadeenigmax

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 09:32:03 am »

Def looking forward to more translated chapters of this, hopefully it works out.
Report Spam   Logged
Shimon Miroku
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:54:25 pm »

I have tried looking for Holy Talker, but no luck, so I can understand. But it was looking really good...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: