News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 16, 2024, 02:49:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

New Rurouni Kenshin anime!

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Rurouni Kenshin anime!  (Read 511 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:12:53 am »

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-18/new-rurouni-kenshin-anime-green-lit

The June issue of Shueisha's Jump Square magazine is announcing on Thursday that production on a new Rurouni Kenshin anime project has been green-lit. More information will be provided in future issues of Jump Square.

SERIOUSLY?!

This is... like... the bestest news I've heard in a very, VERY long time! Like many other otaku here in the west, RuroKen holds a dear place in my heart. It was the very first anime I watched with subtitles, after spending about a year watching only dubbed anime, so it definitely is a personal milestone for me as a fan of anime and manga.

As for the potential of the new anime project, well... I'm about 90 % convinced that it will be a 2-5 episodes long (maybe 13, like the PoT OVAs) and focus on the Jinchuu arc that was never adapted because of DEEEEEENNNN!!!!. But, I'm also holding my breath for a complete remake á la FMA Brotherhood, alternatively a RuroKen Kai which cuts out the fillers and then add the Jinchuu arc to give it the proper closure Watsuki-sensei always wanted for his fantastic story.
Either way, I'm super ultra freaking HAPPY about this news and can't wait til I see my nostalgic old favourites back on the screen! Please don't dissappoint us, whatever studio is up for the project! Let it be Madhouse or Bones, let it be Madhouse or Bones, let it be Madhouse or Bones...!

Squeeeeeee~

On a side note, since remakes of old animes seems to be rather hot right now (with FMA Brotherhood, DBZ Kai and also the new Berserk anime), is it too much to hope for a Get Backers remake? I know it doesn't hold a candle to RuroKen when it comes to popularity or status as a modern classic, but hey, let a fangirl dream on.
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:20 pm »

I saw that bit of news!  I haven't properly watched the older version, but I did see some of it in my early days of anime watching, and I'm pretty sure it had a favorable impression on me.  I'm going to go back and watch it in order to get ready for the new one.   Grin

This fangirl will dream with you about a remake of GB -- but it has to be with the proper seiyuu or I won't watch it.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 02:32:06 pm »

Oh, that sounds like a neat idea, to watch it in order to get all hyped up for this new work (whatever it will be)! But at the same time, I'm a little worried, because it has tons of fillers, both at the beginning and the end of the series - in fact it was due to the low quality of the filler episodes that the anime dropped viewers and had to be cancelled. Undecided I know fully well that you, Lin, is not the most anti-filler person I know, but a fair warning is never out of place. Smiley Just make sure you also watch the OVAs called "Samurai X - Trust & Betrayal", because they are nothing less than pure masterpieces with a near-flawless execution. Anf they can be watched as a stand-alone work too! It's not like you NEED to have seen the TV anime before watching this, for even if you haven't, you'll still be able to fully enjoy this beauty. Kiss

This fangirl will dream with you about a remake of GB -- but it has to be with the proper seiyuu or I won't watch it.   Cheesy

I'd watch it even if it didn't have the proper seiyuu, but you can expect me to come here and write long rants about how awfully wrong the voices are. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

bedlamwolf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 11:14:46 pm »

I just flashed back to highschool, and that so-bad-it-was-fun opening song dub! I also knew a guy that actually started speaking like Kenshin....I'll have to see the new one when it comes out.

About a year (or was it 2? time sure flys) ago, Birdy the Mighty got an overhaul, and I never thought that one was particuarlly popular the first time around, so I really wouldn't be shocked it GB didn't at least get a short remake or something in the next few years.
Report Spam   Logged

I don't know, I don't dig giant robots so much as I dig GUYS who DRIVE giant robots.

Watching a good anime while it's airing is like drinking water with a bottle-cap when you're really thirsty.
Mayumi-san

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:40:12 am »

*gasp*  Seriously?Huh?   *squeeeal*  This is GREAT news!!  RK was what got me into anime.  Any ideas when this is expected to come out?
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:17 pm »

About a year (or was it 2? time sure flys) ago, Birdy the Mighty got an overhaul, and I never thought that one was particuarlly popular the first time around, so I really wouldn't be shocked it GB didn't at least get a short remake or something in the next few years.

Let's just hope you're right about this one! Grin Me wants a Get Backers Brotherhood, God damn it...

*gasp*  Seriously?Huh?   *squeeeal*  This is GREAT news!!  RK was what got me into anime.  Any ideas when this is expected to come out?

Well, details are pretty sparse at the moment, but the article on ANN stated that further information will be revealed in future issues of Shonen Jump, so all we fans can do at the moment is to speculate. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

zweixdrei
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 07:49:44 am »

that's just gread Cheesy they should do the same for getbackers
Report Spam   Logged
LinuxWalker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 12:46:44 am »

That is excellent, I can't wait have to add that to my watch list...
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 02:39:46 pm »

FUUUUUUUUUUU-

The production company Aniplex confirmed on Saturday that the previously announced new Rurouni Kenshin anime series will be a two-part Shin Kyoto-Hen (New Kyoto Arc) original video anime series. The first part will play in Japanese theaters in December.

The new anime series will remake the Kyoto story arc of Nobuhiro Watsuki's original manga and the previous anime adaptation. In paritcular, it will depict the battle of Kenshin Himura and Makoto Shishio and will be told from the point of view of the Oniwabanshū ninja Misao Makimachi. Director Kazuhiro Furuhashi and Studio DEEN are returning to animate the new series along with musical composer Noriyuki Asakura.

I am dissapoint.

SERIOUSLY.
Report Spam   Logged

Endrance

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:06:33 pm »

I would totally watch a manga-based Rurouni Kenshin anime. I know lots of other people would as well. Cool thing these japanese people are doing with all their old animes, they are making new versions that go with the original story, which is absolutely awesome, i really hope they do that with GB as well.
Report Spam   Logged
shykage

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 07:42:19 am »

Too bad its a 2 part or 3 ova.
Report Spam   Logged
fbunawan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »

OH SHIIIIIII---!!!!

Reading this just gave me goosebumps all over. I heard that they are having HunterxHunter again, but damn, having Kenshin again is way better.
Report Spam   Logged
clandestined

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 12:21:13 am »

Rurouni Kenshin is an unforgettable anime.....I hope the new one does the name and reputation of the series justice!!! Definitely will be on the look out for it!! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 03:55:31 pm »

...i was hoping SO BAD for them to do the jinchuu arc. needless to say i was disappointed too.

misao's great and all, but the kyoto arc was the best one in the anime, it doesn't need a new OVA. enishi does--i mean seisouhen is nice, but--his arc hasn't been given justice at all.

augh. maybe in a few more years...  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
eightreeds

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 02:33:30 pm »

... wth. Sure, the Kyoto arc was possibly the high point of the entire manga (Jinchuu, while having some great moments, didn't quite click as a whole), do we really need to improve on the already excellent anime (and Misao as the POV character is an improvement?).

.... waitasec. If they stay faithful to the original story... Misao wasn't even there for the final battles at Shishio's hideout. They're seriously going to skip all that?!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: