News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 04:35:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Translation request of a screenshot from the GBs videogame?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Translation request of a screenshot from the GBs videogame?  (Read 363 times)
Madd

Had a flying squirrel an' let him go

View Profile WWW
« on: March 22, 2011, 05:38:31 pm »

Does anyone in the house know any Japanese? :3

I am fortunate enough to have one of the GetBackers video games to run through some really cool PS2 emulation software. <i>Dakkandayo! Zenin Shuugou!!</i> to be exact :3 It's actually downright hilarious; the first boss is a woman who turns into a man, that fights by kissing and straddling poor Ban and Ginji. Oh Japan <3 I don't understand any of the dialogue except for the characters names and the occasional plot word like "Mugenjo" so as I'm playing I usually make up what's going on. (Though I am pretty proud to say that I can recognize Ban and Ginji's names, Ban's name looking like a cobra being charmed out of it's little basket, and the second character of Ginji's looking like a guy really enthusiastically dancing Grin)

Anyway, every once in a while Emishi or Juubei pops out of a mystery box. The game pauses, Emishi moves around a bit, and then he dissapears. I have no idea what's supposed to be happening xD

And this is what he says.

Any ideas as to what's going on guys? Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

addorange

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 08:17:51 pm »

It's a lame pun Emishi-style. Basically what it says: "toriniku wa torinikui. rebaa taberebaa" which basically means "chicken meat is hard to pick" and "if you eat the liver/lever (as in joystick lever). I'm not good at translating in English and choosing the right words in English, so I'll just leave them with the literal meaning.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: