News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 12:01:37 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite Manga/Manhwa Genres

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Manga/Manhwa Genres  (Read 185 times)
totodoodoo

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 02:56:34 pm »

So, what are the genres that you tend to gravitate to?
However, this thread does not pertain to Demographics (i.e. Josei, Shoujo, Shounen, or Seinen); but BL, GL, and Hentai may apply or may not.

So, think Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Gender Bender, Harem, Historical, Horror, Martial Arts, Mecha, Mystery, Psychological, Romance, School Life, Sci-fi, Slice of Life, Sports, Supernatural, Tragedy.

I prefer Slice-of-life, Drama, and Action.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

JiNXiE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 11:10:53 am »

Really, it just depends on the storyline.  But for the most part, it usually leans towards Romance, Historical, Drama and Fantasy.  Which is quite funny because I'm not a romance junkie (all that romance stuff actually kind of gives me the willies - can't even watch romance movies). 
Report Spam   Logged
jmballe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 10:28:24 pm »

i think most important is the storyline... in every genre there are very good manga/manwha... in manwha case i prefer martial arts (the  breaker is one of my favorites). As when i look for something new to read i start with action,fantasy, Martial arts maybe some comedy... shounen and seinen related, not much shoujo yet haha
Report Spam   Logged
fbunawan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:46:04 pm »

I usually go to Action, Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Psychological, School Life, Drama. Historical and dramas are great fun too. Anything but mecha, I gues :\
Report Spam   Logged
fletcherpugh25

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 03:41:53 pm »

Action, Adventure, Comedy, some Harem if the art for the girls is attractive, Historical, Martial Arts, Mecha
Report Spam   Logged
tone

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:22:29 am »

Historical, Fantasy, Action and School Life are my favorites... but as long as it has a solid plot I don't really mind the genre.
Report Spam   Logged
Origri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 02:31:37 pm »

I dont have a specific favorite genre - as long as the storyline's good, I dont really care.
But most of my favorite mangas contain action and superpowers, so I guess I'll go with that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: