News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 12:28:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Whats a Logic Wall?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats a Logic Wall?  (Read 201 times)
Harte093

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:11:52 am »

In the Voodo Chapter-arc-thingy, everyone talks about this logic wall, but I dont get what it is. I dont recall there ever being an explanation dialogue of it in the series, or maybe i missed it..

Anyone know? Smiley
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 03:36:10 pm by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:49:07 am »

I'm a bit unsure myself on this -- sometimes Getbackers lingo goes a bit over my head the first time I read it!  It's possible it's one of those things that never really is fully explained or understood until the very end, which we haven't seen yet.

I've been meaning to do some rereading, so if I come up with anything on this, I"ll let you know!
Report Spam   Logged

ginjiisawesome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 11:39:05 am »

Did they ever actually end up explaining it?
Report Spam   Logged
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 02:26:07 pm »

I don't think they actually ended explaining it, but from my point of view it's some kind of barrier made to protect and separate the Beltline and Lowtown.

I believe there is a logic wall on the Lowtown side, created by MakubeX with his computer programs, which purpose is to prevent beltlines monsters from enterin lowtown.
It later was used to delay the Beltline encroachment into Lowtown. MakubeX also said that wall made of a bunch of doors was its physical manifestation and called it the "Barrier Gate"

I also think another logic wall on the Beltline side, created by Der Kaiser with his magical powers. It was to prevent residents of Lowtown from entering the Beltline.This one would be more complicated to understand. It's made of huge monsters, designed to inspire fear on everyone who stares at it, and if the person does feel any fear it's catch in its trap and it's killed. That's why Ban used his evil eye, to prevent Ginji and the others to look at it. I don't know why the entrance to the Beltline changes.

Each logic wall is responsible for the properties of its realm. I mean they are the reason why  the Lowtown is different from the Beltline. They're the reason why in Lowtown one needs a computer program to change "reallity" or the battleground for a fight and in the Beltline one's will is enough to make replicas of himself(Kagami and Jackals) or create a body for them (Miroku 7) and why the Beltline has a magical field that saps one's energy and that doesn't happen in Lowtown.

P.S.: Ginji can change reallity in Lowtown just with his will and all, but he doesn't count because we don't know what the hell he is.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: