News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 09:44:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What is the Raitei?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Raitei?  (Read 895 times)
Harte093

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2011, 03:09:48 am »

In the manga, the Raitei rules Infinity Fortress Lower, and everyone apparently followed him and loved him. But was that Raitei or Ginji? I always thought it was Ginji and his nickname was Raitei. :/

But later in infinity fortress, Ginji is a different person and Raitei is a different person, and Raitei seems like a jerk. :/

Can someone explain who Raitei is?  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 08:58:32 am »

This is the question of the ages, lol!  And again, I don't think we have learned everything we need to know yet in order to understand Raitei fully -- I'm quite certain there will be some revelations about Ginji's polar opposite when we get to later chapters/volumes.

My own understanding has always been that Ginji as the Lightning Emperor ruled Infinity Fortress -- Raitei came later, after he was already established as king, I think?  Raitei refers to Ginji's alter ego that came into being in order to protect him and the people following him when Ginji's own power wasn't enough.
Report Spam   Logged

DarkJoe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 04:24:29 pm »

Raitei is something like Ginji's dark side that was always in him. When he ruled Infinity Fortress he was known as Raitei because he was killing people while in Raitei form and he was not trying to stop using it as the times after he met Ban
Report Spam   Logged
Amamiya

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 08:21:46 am »

In the issues where the term starts to be used Ban says "Don't go Raitei" meaning lightning lord. Rattei could be the uncontrollable power of Ginji's lightning lord mode where he thinks that violence or adversity can be counteracted or stopped by counteracting it with his own destruction.
Report Spam   Logged
ginjiisawesome

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 11:44:12 am »

Wasnt there something in the manga about raitei being a pure manifestation of energy (or something like that)

Report Spam   Logged
chapel07

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:37:23 pm »

as for my understanding..i think "raitei" is ginji's alter ego or source of power..maybe a defense mechanism that dwells w/in him or just like other people said..the destroyer within him Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
weirdfire

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 07:10:16 am »

I think Raitei refers to Ginji's alternate personality where he is not only more powerful but also much more arrogant and superior as he does thinks of himself as the supreme ruler but I also think that he is more emotionally detached than Ginji proved by the fact that he doesn't care who gets hurt even if he goes to full power and destroy the enemy.
Report Spam   Logged
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 03:49:11 pm »

In my opinion Raitei is the pure energy of Infinity Fortress that, for some reason, always protects Ginji when he's extremely sad or mad. The source of his eletrical powers, but not from his kindness, sixth sense, the power to make people believe in him and the power to change reallity. I think Raitei's power will always surpass his opponent, that's why he's so important and even the God of Infinity Fortress fear his power, like Kabuto said. He and Ban are the third key, and I think Raitei's power is needed to bring the first future the same way the atomic bomb was for MakubeX.

If Ginji fully fuses with Raitei and don't lose his personality he would become something like the "true" god of Infinity Fortress. In future volumes Ginji must fight the Archiver or the Voodoo King and Raitei should appear, not as usual, but calm and focused, like to save Ginji and everyone from an invicible opponent.
Report Spam   Logged
skate.101

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 01:28:58 pm »

I didn't know up till now what raitei was since every 1 called it lightning lord ans stuff ... really uncool now that I know it ...
Report Spam   Logged
jas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 02:20:54 am »

raitei is hulk.

only, you know, hot. and able to form complete sentences.

┐|;^▽^|┌

...okay, serious time. i always just assumed that raitei was an alternate persona that came about because as ginji he couldn't handle being the 'thunder emperor' as himself, so in times of intense stress/sadness/desperation can sort of go into a more powerful and merciless alt-mode and deal with the situation. that there wasn't any ~mysterious twist~ to it, it just evolved out of necessity, and his overwhelming power was something ginji himself always had the ability but not the desire/focus/control/etc to tap into.

and then the latest chapter came out.

whoopsies.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 08:26:11 am »

raitei is hulk.

only, you know, hot. and able to form complete sentences.

┐|;^▽^|┌

...okay, serious time. i always just assumed that raitei was an alternate persona that came about because as ginji he couldn't handle being the 'thunder emperor' as himself, so in times of intense stress/sadness/desperation can sort of go into a more powerful and merciless alt-mode and deal with the situation. that there wasn't any ~mysterious twist~ to it, it just evolved out of necessity, and his overwhelming power was something ginji himself always had the ability but not the desire/focus/control/etc to tap into.

and then the latest chapter came out.

whoopsies.

My feelings exactly!  On all counts.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Silverthorn

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:15:17 pm »

This is more of a theory then cannon. But I find myself thinking that its more then a simple alter ego. I think its more along the lines of a voodo child or how the voodo king works. That perhaps Ginji had something happend to him at a young age. I mean he is from the upper levels afterall. Or been hinted towards that atleast. Perhaps the "doctor" did something with him to ensure the archivers plans would work out.
Report Spam   Logged
tesco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 02:03:40 am »

The Raitei has also a metaphorical status in this manga.

[spoiler]In a way it crystalizes the sorrow of a mother for her passed son, her despair making her recreating him in an archive, so this character is also deeply rooted with feelings that oppose the rigorousness of the archiver s work, a commoon duality in teeny litterature[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:48:35 am by Lin » Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2012, 11:13:27 am »

mmmmmm now it has already being revealed what raitei is, but i still have the same question, the lightning lord was really ginji or whas it raited instead?
I though it was ginji who only became raitei when he needed power but... if that's so, why did he always had spiky hair when he was the lightning lord? i think he only has his hair like this when being the raitei...
Report Spam   Logged
Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2012, 07:18:11 pm »

For clarification: Raitei = Lightning Lord (that is the literal meaning of the word)

I didn't start reading this manga till I started translating it at vol 29, so you'll have to excuse me if I render the names differently than what you're used to seeing  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: