News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 17, 2024, 09:11:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What is the Raitei?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the Raitei?  (Read 905 times)
captainsobe

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2012, 04:34:50 pm »

I thought Raitei was when the power of the Limitless Fortress  took over Ginji. Because, Ginji only goes Raitei in the Limitless Fortress. Seems more like the power overpower the master, if you can't control it, it controls you.
Report Spam   Logged
Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:04 am »

I still don't understand Ratei either... was he an entity on its own that could have manifested on someone else or was he born as a combination of Ginj specific sorrow and rage and the limitless power of the fortress? So was he a split personality of Ginji, a dark side of him, or did he posses Ginji.? or else?
And I always thought Ginji was known as the lighting lord while he was the ruler of infinity fortress because the lighting lord manifestations were what allowed him to become the ruler, but it didn't mean he was on lighting lord mode all the time, only when he had to fight, but I don't really know anymore.  Undecided
Oh... and perhaps is a silly question but I gotta ask...  Ginji's electric powers... do they come from ratei or those are his own?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:25:25 am by Lucaci » Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 05:01:30 pm »

i think the same as you, while ruling the infinity fortress, even if he was known as the raitei, he wasn't always in this stage, but i'm not sure because while at the infinity fortress he always had spiky hair, and that's only when he is in the raitei mode, right?
whatever, ginji's electric power are his own. so i think raitei and ginji were conected it's not just raitei is a complete different personality that possessed him. well, at least that's what i believe  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Lucaci

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

Yes... the spiky hair! quite a mystery...  but I find it hard to believe he lived as the lighting lord for so long.
I can only think of one reason, that the spiky hair is connected to the amount of power he received and said power is connected to Ginji's sorrow... since in the infinity fortress he felt angry and sad all the time, even if the feelings weren't strong enough to change him into lighting lord mode... the gap between ratei and normal ginji was smaller? so he had spiky hair all the time because he was on the verge of becoming ratei all the time? ok I know I'm making things up   Tongue it's mere speculation. I would like to know the real reason though.
Good to know it's Ginji's own power, I was doubting because I couldn't remember if he had the ability before ratei manifested himself for the first time... but still that wouldn't prove he didn't have it so... nevermind I asked lol.
Report Spam   Logged
pinya

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 01:12:44 pm »

hahaha he can always use his electric powers even when he's not the raitei and he's outside the infinity fortress, so they must be his own.
and what you say that in the infinity fortress he could always be in a stage between "nomal" ginji and the raitei i think it's quite possible. That would explain his spiky hair. And, moreover, maybe i'm just saying nonsense, but if he had always been in the raitei mode, wouldn't he had swallowed up all the electricity in the infinity fortress??
I hope they explain that better in the last volume!
now that i have more than 15 posts, i can start reading it!! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: