News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 20, 2024, 07:06:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Some chronological issues.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some chronological issues.  (Read 277 times)
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:29:22 pm »

I'm creating this topic so we can discuss some issues that bugs me.

In the recent chapters were revealed that Ban's father was actually a good guy, and he was doing the will of his mother, the Wicth Queen.

On the flashback where he and Paul were fleeing Babylon City, Der Kaiser said he understood why he didn't inherited the evil eye and why the Queen sealed up Heaven's Door. He said she did everything for Ban, who would be comin' back from Germany soon.

Plus, Der Kaiser went ghostly transparent and affirmed he had given up his heart in place for one of the keys.

That leaves me with some cronological doubts.

Ban was born in Japan, but Der Kaiser took him to Germany to live with the nameless Queen, who should have some information about the mistery of Infinity Fortress. Der Kaiser went back to Japan, a few years later, and stayed in Infinity Fortress. Meanwhile in Germany, Ban was called the devil's child by his mother. We don't know what happened with her then.I think Ban starts living with his grandmother and Maria from now on. According to Ban a friend became enemy again so he had to go back to Japan with Maria.Then he ranaway and you know the rest.

Der Kaiser said that the Queen sealed Heaven's Door while the door was still open in front of him. That was already confusing me, because his mother was suposed to be on Germany with Ban.

Maria said the Queen gave her life seal that door. Ban said his mother should be locked up in Babylon City together with Ginji's mom. So the Queen should have locked them up(and died) after teaching the Asclepius spell to Ban and lefting him under Maria's care. In other words, after the flashback of the last chapter.

The order of these facts isn't pretty clear to me, so I would like to know your opinion about this, if you would like to help me.

I also think that when Ban said that "a friend became enemy" he was talking about to the Miroku clan, after he killed Eris. Even though I don't know if Drei Ritter changed sides at that moment, once that Akabane said that the names Drei Ritter and Der Kaiser have always walked side to side in history of Infinity Fortress.

Of course I have other doubts, but those ones should be answered in the future chapters, like?

What the hell happened to the Shiki Clan members?
What the hell happened to Maria after she confronted Der Kaiser?
What the hell did the Witch Queen wanted?
How the hell would all of this help Ban?
How the hell is Ginji's mother involved in all of this?
How the hell could Der Kaiser trade his heart for one of the keys?
Who the hell is Kagenuma Sarai?
Why the hell Kagenuma Sarai wants to defeat the Voodoo King?
Why the hell the Voodoo King has 3 stigmas?
Why the hell Yohan was born with the stigma?
Why the hell have Kurusu Masaki betrayed the Volts?

I would apreciate if you discussed these questions too.

Sorry for the big post and orthography mistakes.

Discuss.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 07:42:10 pm »

Those are all good questions!  It's hard to be confused about how things all work together, but I just wonder if we might have to wait until all the chapters are finished and the end reached before we know how it fits together?  I'm not actually sure I know the answers to your questions myself, but it sure does seem if we did know, we'd really understand a lot!

I'll keep mulling over these and if any ideas come to me, I'll post them here.

I'm thinking a reread of the manga from the beginning might just be in order -- I feel like I've forgotten quite a bit, looking at some of the things you are wondering about...
Report Spam   Logged

Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 04:01:32 pm »

Well, I think as far as the chronology goes it's possible that the Witch Queen went back to Japan to seal the doors when she sent Ban to live with Maria, when if I remember correctly Ban was 8. I'm a bit iffy on where Der Kaiser was when Ban's mother called him the devil's child, when he flashes back it looks like he was there, but then Ban left with his grandmother right after, and he was angry with his father for abandoning both him and his mother, so I'm not sure what was going on with that.

Basically, I think it's possible that Der Kaiser and Paul tried to break through the Beltline during the time Ban was with Maria, or perhaps after. Drei Ritter on the other hand confuse me a bit. Were they with Der Kaiser the whole time he was being a Get Backer? Though I also think it's possible that the "friend becoming an enemy" is just the Miroku 7 to Ban in particular, instead of the whole clan to all the witches.

The rest of your questions I think we'll have to wait to find out.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Madd

Had a flying squirrel an' let him go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 08:06:56 pm »

Hrrm, all very interesting questions! :O

This is all book 35 stuff
I could have this wrong (I didn't read the final chapters in my native language so as I'm going through, I'm finding little details and important points I overlooked as I was reading xD), but I was pretty sure that Ban's mom's freak-out happened in Japan. Ban tells Ginji in book 28, that when he was real young, he lived in Japan. I figured he, Kaiser, and Mamma Ban all lived in Japan, until she called him a Devil's Child, and he left for Germany with Maria and the Witch Queen. Kaiser couldn't have been in Japan when she called him a spawn of the devil, because like Artemis said, Kaiser was actually in that flashback comforting Mamma Ban.

As far as what happened with his Dad, Him, and his Mom, my guess would be what happened was Mugenjo. When Kaiser and Paul go through the door, if we make the inference that Kaiser and Mamma Ban were still together after Ban went to Germany ( If his immortality kept him at the age he was when he replaced his heart with the key, he still has his wedding band on), by deciding to stay behind the door, he just up and abandoned her. Paul would have been left to go back to Shinjuku to Mamma Ban and say "Oh hey, about your husband...". I think that's maybe what Kaiser meant about her being fragile and weak.
Ban probably somehow heard about what had happened in his wanderings. He's been foreshadowed to be a little sensitive about that kind of thing (Remember how he acted towards Shido in the Mariuudo story arc, even going so far as yelling at his lifeless body?)

That's kinda what I though, as far as chronology goes, but I'll probably know much more as I carefully examine the later volumes. Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
bedlamwolf

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »

Ok, here's what I think happened. Ban, mom and Kaiser go to Germany.While Ban and his mother and father are living together,  Granny keeps stopping by. Ban does something that scares his mom, and that's when she renounces him. If you look at volume 35, page 84, there are two small frames, One, the one where his mom rejects him, the other Ban with the Witch Queen. It looks to me that She's the one standing next to Ban while a male (I'm assuming Kaiser) comforts his mother.  For reasons unknown to us as of yet, Kaiser then returns to Japan to tackle Babylon City, probibly on orders from the Witch Queen, this probably was a few years worth of work to gather intel.

More then likely, when Ban turned 8, and was given into Maria the Queen goes to Japan, more then likely to seal the door.

I'm assuming that she has started the sealing when Kaiser and Paul are in front of the door. This would mean that the Witch Queen is essentially dead when the door is closed, but they still have some time. Given Ban saying his mom is up there in Babylon, it could be possible that they were attempting to both 1) solve the mystery while there was still time, and 2) Get Ban's mom (they were GetBackers, and let's face it, a wife is something you tend to want to GET BACK)

I have no clue why Ban's mom is in Babylon City. Since Paul basically says that he and Kaiser teamed up in the first place because of I.F. and all the weirdness it causes, I guess it's possible that she had a connection to that place to begin with, if that were the case, it's logical she would return after her...Ban issues.

Really, we'll just have to wait and see.
Report Spam   Logged

I don't know, I don't dig giant robots so much as I dig GUYS who DRIVE giant robots.

Watching a good anime while it's airing is like drinking water with a bottle-cap when you're really thirsty.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: