News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 12:26:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What got you started in Anime?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What got you started in Anime?  (Read 1975 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:21 am »

For me , I have been watching it since I was little, first it was sonic, megaman and speed racer, and then sailor moon and DBZ.
How about for everyone else?

We had this thread on the old forum, so I figured it would be a good idea to post it here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:22:42 am by ~Greed~ » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 10:42:30 am »

For me i used to watch Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo, and Gundam Wing when i was a child but i never realised that they were anime, and after i found out what they were i started looking for more, and in the last year/year and a half i have been trying toread as much manga as i can.
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 10:49:22 am »

I don't feel like rewriting or copy paste that one post I made in the thread on the old forum, so I'll keep it short;

Grew up with SF Saiyuki Starzinger and Hello Sandybell (my older siblings watched the same tapes as me before I even was born).
Discovered Sailor Moon when 6 years old.
Discovered Pokémon when 10-9 years old.
Discovered Ginga Nagareboshi Gin when 11 years. LIFE CHANGED FOREVER. MOST IMPORTANT MOVIE IN MY WHOLE UPRBINGING.

That's it.

Other animes watched during childhood: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Tanoshii Moomin Ikka (or just the Moomins), Rose of Versailles, Digimon Adventure.
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:22 am »

I don't feel like rewriting or copy paste that one post I made in the thread on the old forum, so I'll keep it short;

Grew up with SF Saiyuki Starzinger and Hello Sandybell (my older siblings watched the same tapes as me before I even was born).
Discovered Sailor Moon when 6 years old.
Discovered Pokémon when 10-9 years old.
Discovered Ginga Nagareboshi Gin when 11 years. LIFE CHANGED FOREVER. MOST IMPORTANT MOVIE IN MY WHOLE UPRBINGING.

That's it.

Other animes watched during childhood: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Tanoshii Moomin Ikka (or just the Moomins), Rose of Versailles, Digimon Adventure.
You watched alot of oddball anime that I have never heard of. The only one on your list I even know about is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

For me i used to watch Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo, and Gundam Wing when i was a child but i never realised that they were anime, and after i found out what they were i started looking for more, and in the last year/year and a half i have been trying toread as much manga as i can.

You pretty much watch all of the anime I watched when I was a kid. Did you watch them all on toonami?
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:17:51 am »

You watched alot of oddball anime that I have never heard of. The only one on your list I even know about is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

What, you never heard of POKÉMON or SAILOR MOON?

Well, there was this huge wave of dubbed anime in Sweden during the 80's, but it died out just in time for the 90s, which could explain why we grew up with so dissimilar shows. I even saw an anime adaption of the childhood of historical figure Hellen Keller, and I still cry every time I watch it.  Cry

That Sonic anime you speak of, what that that one goofy movie in which they are supposed to rescue a furry princess? Because Sonic X is the only other Sonic anime there is, and that one's a little too new to be spoken of as something you "grew up with"... though that's only my five cents.
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 11:23:10 am »

You pretty much watch all of the anime I watched when I was a kid. Did you watch them all on toonami?
[/quote]

Yeah i did watch them on toonami, recently purchased all the DBZ sagas again  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 12:02:09 pm »

Yeah i did watch them on toonami, recently purchased all the DBZ sagas again  Grin

I see, Thats cool, It was pretty much the same for me

What, you never heard of POKÉMON or SAILOR MOON?

Well, there was this huge wave of dubbed anime in Sweden during the 80's, but it died out just in time for the 90s, which could explain why we grew up with so dissimilar shows. I even saw an anime adaption of the childhood of historical figure Hellen Keller, and I still cry every time I watch it.  Cry

well everyone has heard of those, but most of the series you listed I haven't heard of.
Report Spam   Logged

Naz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 11:47:25 am »

I see, Thats cool, It was pretty much the same for me

Same for me Smiley
Never finished Tenchi Muyo though  Undecided

I'll just write a shortened version of my post from last forum...
Basically I started off on Pokemon, then started watching Tenchi Muyo and Dragonball Z. Then I watched Spirited Away and after that I got really interested in anime and...
Pretty much started reading manga straight away, afterwards Smiley
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 11:49:43 am by Naz » Report Spam   Logged

Click please ^^

ah abusing tom is one of my few pleasures in life  Cheesy
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 12:49:37 pm »

Same for me Smiley
Never finished Tenchi Muyo though  Undecided

I'll just write a shortened version of my post from last forum...
Basically I started off on Pokemon, then started watching Tenchi Muyo and Dragonball Z. Then I watched Spirited Away and after that I got really interested in anime and...
Pretty much started reading manga straight away, afterwards Smiley
[/quote]

Yeah i never got to finish tenchi either, myself and my sister looked to try and buy it last year but we couldn't find it  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
highway61ie
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 12:58:13 pm »

did you guys try ebay ?
its usually good for that stuffs Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 07:53:59 pm »

Yeah pretty sure we tried there, ahh i'll have a look again soon, i think the problem we had was getting the dvd in the right region for us to use!
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 09:38:33 am »

Oh really! You are trying to buy the series! It must be expensive, since it was one of earlier series. If you want to watch it again, you can download the series on this site: http://www.animea.net/series?l=t It is link to T section so you just need to go down to reach the one you are searching for. It mainly hosts megaupload site, so I don't now how fast/much you can download! Just use an mass downloader to make sure that link doesn't break if you are downloading at slow pace.

Report Spam   Logged
Rodlyn
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 11:01:25 am »

Thanks for that, i might try that later and see how it goes  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Please click the egg =D
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 02:47:26 pm »

I just realize that this particular page does not give you the last season for Tenchi Muyo OVAs. Instead, you need to go to http://www.animea.net/forums/f54/megaupload-tenchi-universe-1867/ to download the last of the OVAs.  It has also the Movies if want to watch them over again!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:15 pm »

Those aren't the Ryo Ohki ova's.

you can get them here though I think
http://hsbsitez.com/
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: