News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 02:30:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What got you started in Anime?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: What got you started in Anime?  (Read 1977 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2010, 10:56:22 am »

I don't feel like rewriting or copy paste that one post I made in the thread on the old forum, so I'll keep it short;

Grew up with SF Saiyuki Starzinger and Hello Sandybell (my older siblings watched the same tapes as me before I even was born).
Discovered Sailor Moon when 6 years old.
Discovered Pokémon when 10-9 years old.
Discovered Ginga Nagareboshi Gin when 11 years. LIFE CHANGED FOREVER. MOST IMPORTANT MOVIE IN MY WHOLE UPRBINGING.

That's it.

Other animes watched during childhood: Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs, Tanoshii Moomin Ikka (or just the Moomins), Rose of Versailles, Digimon Adventure.
You watched alot of oddball anime that I have never heard of. The only one on your list I even know about is Ginga Nagareboshi Gin.

For me i used to watch Dragonball Z, Tenchi Muyo, and Gundam Wing when i was a child but i never realised that they were anime, and after i found out what they were i started looking for more, and in the last year/year and a half i have been trying toread as much manga as i can.

You pretty much watch all of the anime I watched when I was a kid. Did you watch them all on toonami?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: