News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 06:01:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Personality Test/Meme?

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Personality Test/Meme?  (Read 235 times)
Levz

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 09:42:56 am »

Wow, this is a great idea i must say. I'll won't post the 5 or more all at once 'cos I don't have the time to think each one and why i like them so i'll start with just one:
Sanosuke Sagara from Rurouni Kenshin
Why i like him is really easy:
First of all i don't really like that much the main characters 'cos they're are most of the times super strong and have little problems (not in kenshin's case but in general i tend to like better the second main character). 
Second (spoilers of rurouni kenshin ahead): Sano is an ex-sekihoutai member. Sekihoutai was a peasant army in the japanese revolution and they had orders of the Ishin Shishi (the revolutionaries army against the tokugawa regime) to spread the word that with the revolution every peasant would have some lands for free. Of course this was a lie to get the support of the peasants, they couldn't (or didn't want to) give away lands, but with the triumph of the revolution they had to blame someone 'cos they couldn't fulfill the land for free for everyone promise. So the sekihoutai becomes the scapegoat and they kill almost everyone, among the few survivors was sano.
So sano is a fighter, not very smart but he fights for the people, and for what's right not bounded by law 'cos he hates the goverment (for killing his captain and being so corrupt). He has his own sense of justice and I like that sense of justice, it's not the perfect "I want to protect everyone" of Kenshin. It's better he wants to protect everyone but he knows he has to change the things (i.e. overthrow the meiji goverment) but he has to do it in a way that earn his old captain approval and that means doing it with the people of japan so they don't suffer (well that's my interpretation). In the meantime he tries to help the people like kenshin does, but his spirit is that of an adventurer so he has another way of saving people and most of the time in involves punching them in da face!
Well that was long. Sano's also a cool looking guy, red bandana and a big "evil" kanji in the back, hell yeah! His fighting style is not my favorite (I like swords better!) but for a fist fighter he's good enough.
Something about me: One time I had to step into a fight someguys i didn't know i though "what would sano and kenshin do", after thinking that I jumped into the fight and splitted it, no one got harm and all went A-okay.
Well that's my first character, for me it's pretty obvious why i like him so so so much and it makes sense with a part of myself. With the other characters you'll see others parts of me maybe contradictory with this part or maybe not.
I hope you liked it and learned something about me. I'll keep posting later and i'm looking forward to seeing the other people post too.
Again: Great idea laika!
Peace and Love!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:32:55 pm by Levz » Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

He fell mortally wounded from a slash to his guitar
But had enough time to get his best song from it’s cover
And shot his assassin with it
Who momentarily seemed shocked
Taking his fingers to the ears
And screaming
For someone to turn off the lights

-Roque Dalton