News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 06:43:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What are your past and current fandoms?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your past and current fandoms?  (Read 495 times)
laika_sinclair

here there be dragons

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:20:01 am »

Other than getbackers? It may be anime, other cartoons, comics, TV shows, movies, books, etc...
Report Spam   Logged

We realized what it was that bound people. The divinity that drives the world...is human will itself.
-Semimaru Kanade

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 07:53:46 am »

One of my long-running fandoms has been and continues to be Lord of the Rings -- the books in particular, but movies are in there as well.  As for TV, I'm a big fan of Star Trek -- my favorite Star Trek being Deep Space Nine.

As for anime/manga, I'm fannishly devoted to Major, Naruto, One Piece and xxxHolic, to mention a few.   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:45 pm »

Well, next to Get Backers as my current favourite fandom, I just can't have enough Star Driver ~Kagayaki no Takuto~ right now. My week is not complete without a new episode of FABULOUSNESS and thus, this show has made Sunday the day of the week that I look forward to the most! Even moreso than a new GB chapter, and that's really saying something. Wink

Another favourite is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I rewatched the anime with a friend recently, and I can't help but fall in love with the series every time I watch it! And I'm also glad I have introduced it to someone I know, because that means we can dicsuss it together, as Utena is one of those shows that is so ambiguous and multi-layered that it can be interpretated differently by dfifferent persons. What I can make out of one scene, another fan can have a completely different vision of, and it doesn't mean anyone of us is right or wrong. It's a key with which you unlock your imagination. Awesome! And I can't wait for the remastered DVD box sets that are supposed to be released this year! Grin
Having watched Utena also makes Star Driver even more entertaining than it already is, considering the series share the same author and thus contain similar ideas and story-telling!

If anyone has heard of the Leijiverse, I'm gonna be surprised. XD Basically, it includes more or less everything by Matsumoto Leiji, most importantly his space operas such as Captain Harlock and Galaxy Express 999.

Other current fandoms include (but are probably not limited to) are: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Princess Tutu, Gankutsuou, Sailor Moon, Nana, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome... Really, just about any anime or manga that I like. XD
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
laika_sinclair

here there be dragons

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 11:09:06 am »

I realized I haven't elaborated on mine haha~

Obsessed to/Once Obsessed to: [anime] Hetalia, Gundam 00, Code Geass, Fate/Stay Night, X/99, Slam Dunk, DBZ, Yu Yu Hakusho [games] Shadow Hearts, Tekken, Resident Evil, Ragnarok Online, Star Craft

Loved, but not as Obsessed: [anime] Black Rock Shooter, Nodame Cantabile, Honey and Clover, Ouran, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Monster, Death Note, FullMetal Alchemist, xxxHolic, Howl's Moving Castle, Saiyuki, Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin [games] Fatal Frame [books] Temeraire [TV series] Sherlock bbc

haha so many; I won't dare elaborate further orz
Report Spam   Logged

We realized what it was that bound people. The divinity that drives the world...is human will itself.
-Semimaru Kanade
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 10:37:50 am »

Let's see
Loved (now or at some point):
Games: Metal gear saga (played each game almost 20 times, except the psp that i won just 1 time...for now), Ace attorney saga, Blazblue saga, Okami, Katamary Damacy, FF Tactics, Chrono Trigger, The warriors, Zelda (Ocarina of time and Majora's mask), Valkyrie Profile
Anime: Evangelion, Rurouni Kenshin, Cowboy Bebop, FMA (and Brotherhood), Wolf's Rain, Mononoke-Hime, DBZ, Code Geass (and R2), Death Note, Detective Conan,
Manga: (same as anime plus) Battle Royale
Movies: Brazil, 2001: space oddisey, Dr. Strangelove...,Being there, Watchmen, Cabaret, Chicago, A clockwork orange
Liveaction series: Seindfeld!!

Liked (idem):
Games: Policenauts, ZOE saga, Xenogears (when I finish this game probably will go to the Loved section)
Anime: Lupin the third, Saber Marionette J, Soul Hunter, Digimon, Pokemon, Ranma 1/2
Manga: Ranma 1/2, GB,

Well i got tired of thinking and i'm hungry later i'll update it, or not.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

He fell mortally wounded from a slash to his guitar
But had enough time to get his best song from it’s cover
And shot his assassin with it
Who momentarily seemed shocked
Taking his fingers to the ears
And screaming
For someone to turn off the lights

-Roque Dalton
OtakuSupreme

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 04:03:17 am »

i still really love toradora!
Report Spam   Logged
Madd

Had a flying squirrel an' let him go

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 05:17:23 pm »

-shuffles around-

I don't really like anime or manga, that's how universally <i>amazing</i> GetBackers is xD

Buuttt, I read a lot of books. I'd say my first huge thing (and c'mon, who's wasn't?) was definitely Harry Potter <3 I started reading the books when I was in 3rd grade and the whole fandom still has me locked in. It's a classic <3  Another close second would be Lord of the Rings; my Dad had me started on Tolkien really early and around that time, the movies were coming out, so it was real awesome. His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman and Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan (>__> I will admit I am a HUGE sucker for Greek Mythology) are really up there as well :3

What can I say? I love stories that blend history, art, religious, esoteric, folklore, and mythological foundations all into one new and interesting thing :3

Report Spam   Logged
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 08:21:32 pm »

Well, aside from Get Backers, in anime I used to be really into Yu Yu Hakusho and Ruroni Kenshin, and I'm currently rather taken with One Piece. Oh, also Petshop of Horrors for awhile a couple of years back, and Gensomaden Saiyuki (I thbelieve that's the proper title, everyone just tends to call it Saiyuki)

As far as books go, I was into Harry Potter for a while, but the fandom for that is sort of insane. There's also Dresden Files and whatever I can find of Codex Alera, which are two series by Jim Butcher that are really good if you like fantasy and humor. Also Discworld, by Terry Pratchett, which is fantastic even if you don't like fantasy. Oh, and the Jeeves and Wooster series by P. G. Wodehouse, and Sherlock Holmes.

For TV/movies, I like Star Trek TOS (that's the original series, for you non-Trekkies) and the reboot movie, but I've never seen the other series. Also Supernatural, though I've been less and less interested lately.

I have a tendency to get into fandoms for a short while right after I read a new book or watch a new movie or series, but these are the fandoms I've been in for longer periods of time. Actually, there's fewer than I thought. Maybe I'm not so bad as I thought Wink
Report Spam   Logged
didop

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 11:30:13 pm »

I used to be really into the Prince of Tennis, D.Gray-man and One Piece fandoms. Getting involved with fic, art, and other fans and all. Now it's more like collecting doujinshi out of habit for these three :')

Forever involved fandoms are:
FMA, Ao no Exorcist, Getbackers and Kyou Kara Maou ♥

As for television.. I had a phase with asian dramas, during which I discovered the awesomeness of GTO, Rookies, My Girl (korean series), Someday (also korean), and Nobuta wo Produce. Currently though, it's just WB's Supernatural for me Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
aeyo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 10:44:08 pm »

Yu Yu Hakusho was the first anime I ever watched, so it holds a special place in my fangirl heart. <3
Other than that, I was pretty dedicated to Reborn! and Hetalia. I still am a fan of older Clamp mangas. I just loooove Clamp's old pretty shoujo style. The noodle people? Not so much.

Outside of anime/manga, a little while back I started watching Star Trek: TOS, but navigating the CBS website is such a pain. Now I just watch the abridged series...xD

And of course I still delight in reading fanfics for them all.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2011, 08:43:55 am »

I still am a fan of older Clamp mangas. I just loooove Clamp's old pretty shoujo style. The noodle people? Not so much.

The noodle people!   Cheesy  I know of whom you speak...

I need to check out some of Clamp's older stuff, now that you mention it.
Report Spam   Logged

deathstar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 12:33:44 pm »

One piece the best.
Report Spam   Logged
EpicLucca
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 11:24:45 am »

Vagabond greatest manga ever
Report Spam   Logged
Doctor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 05:53:25 am »

shakugan no shana? Fate? Toaru majutsu no index yeah
Report Spam   Logged
GwainT

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »

I'm a Disckworld nerd.  Especally the Guards and Death stories.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: