News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 09:50:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

What are your past and current fandoms?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What are your past and current fandoms?  (Read 526 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 04:11:45 pm »

Well, next to Get Backers as my current favourite fandom, I just can't have enough Star Driver ~Kagayaki no Takuto~ right now. My week is not complete without a new episode of FABULOUSNESS and thus, this show has made Sunday the day of the week that I look forward to the most! Even moreso than a new GB chapter, and that's really saying something. Wink

Another favourite is Revolutionary Girl Utena. I rewatched the anime with a friend recently, and I can't help but fall in love with the series every time I watch it! And I'm also glad I have introduced it to someone I know, because that means we can dicsuss it together, as Utena is one of those shows that is so ambiguous and multi-layered that it can be interpretated differently by dfifferent persons. What I can make out of one scene, another fan can have a completely different vision of, and it doesn't mean anyone of us is right or wrong. It's a key with which you unlock your imagination. Awesome! And I can't wait for the remastered DVD box sets that are supposed to be released this year! Grin
Having watched Utena also makes Star Driver even more entertaining than it already is, considering the series share the same author and thus contain similar ideas and story-telling!

If anyone has heard of the Leijiverse, I'm gonna be surprised. XD Basically, it includes more or less everything by Matsumoto Leiji, most importantly his space operas such as Captain Harlock and Galaxy Express 999.

Other current fandoms include (but are probably not limited to) are: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Princess Tutu, Gankutsuou, Sailor Moon, Nana, Fullmetal Alchemist, Code Geass, Mai-HiME and Mai-Otome... Really, just about any anime or manga that I like. XD
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: