News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 05:07:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Ello

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ello  (Read 148 times)
Mikon

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2011, 02:42:47 pm »

So yer, I update my knowledge about the main stream mangas like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece (as in keeping up to date with the weekly releases). One Piece is proably the best out of the 3 with Bleach being at the bottom. But I'm not a main-streamtard, I do enjoy other selected series. Bakuman, Defence Devil, Negima, Get Backers, Prsen, Kuroshitsuji, Psyren, Hajime No Ippo are just afew series that I'm reading, there are more that I've completed reading but I don't want to bore you too much.

Anyway, my Name is Michael but I'll never tell you that. My username was created by combining my name with my favourite character 'Gohan', 'Mik(e Goh)on' pointless information is fun. I get soooo pissed when someone else has taken Mikon on any forum.

I was thinking about how best to get the 15 posts to start downloading. I came up with spaming the welcome board with simple things like "hi, lets make this community a better one,  Mikon" on 15 newcomers' posts. I thought that would of been too tackless so I came up with a better one which hopefully the admins will aprove of. I shall stalk the entire forum and add positive, useful comments. My main reason for this is to improve my typing, grammar and all-round improve my ability to convey my points and opinions.

Have a good day.

P.S. Thanks for welcoming me into the community but I won't be replying to this post unless someone of great importmance replys.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 05:50:25 pm »

Hello and welcome!  This is a great introduction post!  I'm happy to meet a fellow OP and Naruto fan -- I'm also a follower of the One Piece and Naruto mangas.  I try to keep up with Bleach, but it's not as important to me as other series.  I'm glad you decided not to spam the welcome board, lol!  Your second option is exactly what we hope for when new friends join us, as it's a particularly good way for us to get to know you while you share your opinions and get your 15 posts.

Speaking of which, when you do reach 15 posts but don't see the Projects and Releases section where the newest translations are uploaded, just log out and log in again, and you should be good to go.
Report Spam   Logged

colatruck

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 09:03:41 pm »

Im new too, doesn't really seem worth it to make my own topic
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 10:17:05 pm »

Im new too, doesn't really seem worth it to make my own topic

I hope you will, anyway, even if you don't say much -- it's really the best way for us to be introduced to our new friends like you.  The whole point of the Introduction section is for people to make posts about themselves, and we always think they are worth it!

Welcome to you now -- I'll say it again in your own thread if you make an intro post of your own.   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Mikon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 09:48:21 pm »

Thank you, O admin of great importance. I thought I would reply to say that it's actually kinda hard to post something when you're new and you have to read through entire articles to see if what I'm about to post has already been said. I'll get my 15 posts in due time, its not like I have to find out how far ahead this site is to Mangafox. I'll stalk the off-topic posts and see if they have mangas that I'm interested in.

Also doesn't matter if you post an introduction post but it does add to the number count lol.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: