News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 02:10:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

God of War

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: God of War  (Read 188 times)
narengoku

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2011, 07:56:56 am »

Though it is an old game, I recently finished god of war...
Its awesome and one of the toughest...
Initially I thought its just a regular arcade with slashing demons, but the main thing is finding the way to the next scene...Its really tough at some places...
have to break my brains to find the way...Gonna start the second part asap...

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Levz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 11:54:10 pm »

I didn't like the second very much, it's like "let's take away all the good story and artistic things and replace it with GOOOOORE" and that sold well so they made a third part, which is better that the second part but not as good as the first one. The first GOW is epic in every possible way, it could easily pass by a real greek tragedy. The second, for sure can't, it's pretty bad storywise. The third neither but i liked it more, i felt like i understood what happened and why the things happened in the scond part i just felt like kratos is angry, really angry. While in the first part he was angry but he was sadder, and because of the sadness he was angry (did that make any sense at all?). And that makes it a greek tragedy, and that is what made GOW 1 so good, the total lack of that made GOW 2 pretty bad (storywise, gameplay wise it's better) and the return of some tragedy and well absolute chaos and epic godly bad things that happen (mostly because of kratos) makes GOW 3 way better that GOW 2 but still not as good as GOW 1.
That's all folks!
Auf wiedersen (or how it's spelled)
BTW even if it's tough, it's not freaking unfair like ninja gaiden sigma (hate that game with every inch of my soul!)
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

He fell mortally wounded from a slash to his guitar
But had enough time to get his best song from it’s cover
And shot his assassin with it
Who momentarily seemed shocked
Taking his fingers to the ears
And screaming
For someone to turn off the lights

-Roque Dalton
xero_limits

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 03:56:28 pm »

I'm pretty sure everybody agrees with me that God of War is an epic series, bar none. True the second one kinda sucked with the storyline, the third i believe was even less of a story because all of what really happened was Kratos killing off all the remaining gods. The stuff that confused me the most was the end with Athena and yea, not really spoiling for those who haven't played this yet.
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 06:00:02 pm »

I'm gonna spoil a little so people who haven't played the third game...don't read (i'll try to keep the spoilers to the minimum possible anyway):

What i liked storywise of the third game is that kratos is not only enraged but absolutely consumed by the rage to the point of letting die people he cares about just for the sake of ending his quest for nothing but revenge. His actions make little sense and as he progresses he destroys the whole world and he dosen't care at all. That's what i liked, and finally he gets the closure he deserves. Now im going to say a little about the ending so again SPOILER: When he forgives himself and sees what he has become (after killing zeus in a great scene where the blood blinds kratos) he kills himself to let the hope flow through the world (which was the only way to really atone for all the killing gods and all), the only thing i didn't like at all was the epilogue after the credits.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
xero_limits

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:58:02 pm »

dude, i was so confused at what all happened in the epilogue. Seriously, after it i was like, "WTF just happened?"
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 08:17:37 am »

LOL well i hope what i wrote helped you understand it, the after credits epilogue (spoiler) is kinda self explaining: kratos still lives and a next game is possible and sony probably gonna make it.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
xero_limits

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 08:22:06 am »

another GOW? i mean, who else is there to kill at this point, everybody died lol except for Athena..?..
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »

Well you could kill athena  =P, but there are several gods and heroes left (like athena's sister, horatio and the other from Troya, i don't know...maybe kratos could kill the gods roman counterparts xD) and they could start adding other mythologies like norse mythology or egiptian. But i think it's possible (in fact they realease another one already but it's another prequel) given how it ends. Plus as long as a game series keeps on printing money, like GOW is, everything is possible, just look what they're doing with the new DMC.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
xero_limits

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2011, 07:27:37 pm »

i haven't played the prequel yet, probably because i don't have a psp but i like the idea of more people to kill because there's still plenty of gods to kill like Artemis, Thanatos, Athena's ghost and..yea that's all i can think of for now, pending if these people haven't been killed off yet lol
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: