News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:27:15 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Let's start a fight!!!!! FFVII vs FFVIII

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's start a fight!!!!! FFVII vs FFVIII  (Read 341 times)
weirdguy

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:49 am »

Sooo... Which one is better: the epic chronicle of Cloud fighting against Shinra corp. and the unespected turn of events that lead him to save the world, or the daring crusade of Squall defying Galbaldia's exantionist ambitions and the sinister plot that threatened the very fabric of the time-space? Or better yet: sEEd's vs Avalanche: who will prevail? Ladies and Gentlemen: LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!

I say that FFVIII is the best... COME AND GET ME!!!!!!!!!!
Report Spam   Logged

"Why so serious?"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

_Peksi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:41:23 pm »

Both games are ungodly awesome. Still i like FFVIII more(it could be 'cus i played it before VII)
I'd also say that sEEd's would win. I mean there's like a freaking army of these guys+they have FLYING GARDENS!!!
Report Spam   Logged
wearenotone

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:28 pm »

I love the concept of seeDs, but the storyline didnt clear up certain loose ends.
ffviii should win. too many imba characters lol
Report Spam   Logged
elparri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 11:28:58 pm »

I've played FFVIII but infortunately I've been unable to play FFVII. I'm sure Cloud would beath the crap out of Squall though. However, a fully developed Butz from FFV would be at a Chuck Norris level compared to the other two
Report Spam   Logged
djsilver123

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 06:06:22 pm »

FF8, no other game (on PlayStation at least) has ever looked this beautiful, or contained such a sheer volume of places to explore and secrets to ferret out. It also boasts about the trippiest ending sequence ever in the history of videogames, and that alone pretty much makes it worthwhile.
Report Spam   Logged
Shunsui

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »

FFVII is a very good game but FFVIII is clearly better. Graphics, characters behaviour, guardian forces, flying garden, association, ...
For me, FFVII history is good and materia concept is great but, i prefer FFVIII.
Report Spam   Logged
fruits punch samurai

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 05:53:11 pm »

I guess I have to represent for FFVII, but I'm mostly going on the nostalgia factor here.
Report Spam   Logged
ianux22

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:25:11 am »

i think both are great games, but FF VII is the Best!!! it rules xD
Report Spam   Logged
zweixdrei
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 08:35:22 am »

even though sephiroth is the most badass villian in final fantasy history, i hate cloud. sqall rules and ultimecia isn't half bad either. means FFVIII rules^^
Report Spam   Logged
klaxy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:28:01 pm »

FF VIII is the better game but FF VII will always stick out in my mind
Report Spam   Logged
RelM

Workaholic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 06:13:24 am »

Lesse...

My opinion on these games (and all memories I have of them) may be rather distorted since I was around...11(?) years old when I played them more like my brother played while I watched him.)

FFVII = Famous game. Had a movie. Had an OVA. Had 2 sub-games. Sephiroth is THE most badass villain ever (and if there's someone better, then it's only because Sephiroth redefined villain in the first place.) Aerith's death was probably one of the saddest memories for most gamers. But (tho I'm only saying this because we're comparing it to FFVIII) the graphics of the game were.... Cloud is also rather grim... Stopped playing the game after getting crush by Emerald Weapon...

FFVIII = Graphics were awesome. Summons were awesome. Gunblades were awesome. Laguna was awesome (so was Squall, but I liked Laguna more.) I'd say more, but my memory is kinda fuzzy... Beat the game.

Both had stories I couldn't comprehend (Like I said, I was young and I was just watching my brother play.) But in all honesty, I'd have to choose FFVIII. I mean, FFIX came out after, and moving from AWESOME graphics back to chibified characters was a huge disappointment... Graphics really played a big part in this... I mean, I experienced FFVII after FFVIII was cleared, so I couldn't appreciate it either... I'll say it again: I was young. Even if a story is amazing, if it is presented in a way that can't keep my attention, it isn't worth it... But all other FF games just aren't meant for me (can't seem to be interested in them  except for the SRPG ones and Dissidias.) Then again, this is coming from a guy who can't appreciate KH (hey, I don't care how great the story is. If one of the most badass characters is Mickey Mouse, and the characters are fighting with Keys, you can't make me like it.)
Report Spam   Logged

Please read
I need space again. Help a typesetter out. I get 250 MB for everyone who registers and installs using this link. You can just uninstall after. NO virus, I assure you on my TSing pride. Anyone who hasn't helped yet please do. If you could tell others please do.
http://db.tt/O0YnVGJ

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: