News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 01:20:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite GB Anime Episode

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite GB Anime Episode  (Read 1999 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:44:56 pm »

I hated seeing no discussion here, so I thought I'd start one!

So, what is everyone's favorite GB anime episode (or episode arc) and why?

My favorite without even thinking about it is Episode 35 -- "Get Back the Flame of Life."  I love it because it is such a good Ginji episode.  In spite of being not based on an actual manga chapter (I don't think it is, anyway!) it does a good job of enhancing the story.  The characters interact well with one another and we get to see some details from Ginji's past that fit with canon without messing with it.  It's a very touching episode, and of course, Ginji is impressive as  he saves the day in a way that only he would be able to manage -- because of his power and also because of his kindness.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:49:32 pm »

Episode 39: Ginji's Hospitalized? To the Hospital! The Whole Crew Gathers. No contest. This is one of those episodes that I watch whenever I feel depressed. It takes only a couple of minutes watching this and everything sad that was on my mind have gone POOF! I practically need one hundred lives when I watch this episode, because it kills me with laughter every five seconds! Everything, from Ginji running down the house to get that onigiri til his “AAAHHH! … Delicious!” when being fed with apples that Jackals cut with his scalpels, is just pure comedy gold. I would have loved seeing this episode as a wacky closer to the Divine Design… if that arc ever was animated.

Another favourite for me is Episode 41: Farewell, My Beloved. I don’t know what Hevn’s backstory is in the manga, but if I didn’t know better, I’d believe this episode was canon. It had big emotional impact, the characters interact well and it made a GREAT job fleshing out Hevn. For all superb characters the Get Backers manga has to offer, I’d still prefer the anime’s interpretation of Hevn. I almost consider her one of my favourite characters in the anime. She was mature and ladylike with a lot of charisma, and could even be badass when she wanted to, whereas in the manga… Well, a picture says more than a thousand words. (NSFW)
… And Ban and Ginji for ONCE getting to eat till their bellies were full is the seriously cutest moment in the entire series.  Cheesy Well, that, and when Ban put his arm over Ginji’s shoulder in the last episode.
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Suiki

Er...Hello?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 12:40:11 pm »

My favourite arc is when the GB fight by first time with the Transporters. The final reward ... has no price!.
Report Spam   Logged

Nice signature in progress!
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 08:45:04 am »

Can't believe I started this discussion and never came back to reply to these good replies!

Episode 39: Ginji's Hospitalized? To the Hospital! The Whole Crew Gathers. No contest. This is one of those episodes that I watch whenever I feel depressed. It takes only a couple of minutes watching this and everything sad that was on my mind have gone POOF! I practically need one hundred lives when I watch this episode, because it kills me with laughter every five seconds! Everything, from Ginji running down the house to get that onigiri til his “AAAHHH! … Delicious!” when being fed with apples that Jackals cut with his scalpels, is just pure comedy gold. I would have loved seeing this episode as a wacky closer to the Divine Design… if that arc ever was animated.

Yes, this is definitely a gem, isn't it?  Grin  So funny to see all the antics of all the characters crammed into one episode.  I think I'm going to watch that one again today, just for fun!

Ban and Ginji for ONCE getting to eat till their bellies were full is the seriously cutest moment in the entire series.

I always feel a bit like a proud mom who just made my boys a tasty meal when I see that scene, hehe!  It's definitely nice to see them eating to their heart's content.

My favourite arc is when the GB fight by first time with the Transporters. The final reward ... has no price!.

That's a good one, too.  I really like all the episodes where Ginji is pitted against Dr. Jackal -- they have such an interesting relationship!  I guess that's another reason why I like Episode 35, because Ginji surprises even Dr. Jackal with his strength!

Another favorite moment of mine that I never get tired of rewatching is from the final arc of the first season, where they are trying stop Makubex from blowing things up -- the part where Ban tells the gang why Ginji felt he had to leave Infinitiy Fortress.  Their reaction as they finally understand Ginji's sacrifice is so sweet and funny.  They are all saying, "Duh!  Why didn't we think of that?" or "Why didn't he just say so?"  Even so, without really understanding his reasoning before that, they all ended up following him devotedly again -- they just couldn't remain enemies with Ginji.  As if anyone could!   Wink

Report Spam   Logged

kurodo
Raw Provider

~ Pic spammer ~

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 02:39:45 am »

I don't like anime version of GB (anime made characters look ugly but i liked seiyuus) but...

i agree! ahahhaa i love akabane moment "hai, Ginji~kun. AHHHH" ahahahah <3 gotta love it!
Report Spam   Logged

Midou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:10:51 pm »

For comedy I'd have to go with Ep-39(Hospital Episode), for coolness & battle my Pick is the last Arc- Retrieve Makubex. The SPE(animax) dub(dialogues) for this one was magnificent. It captured Ban's badass-ness perfectly. The second is the Venus Arc. Third, both Platinum and Stradivarius.
Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
gupita

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 08:09:44 pm »

I disagree with you a little, for the coolest chapter, i prefer when Ginji change to Rai tei, its the best ever in the anime (Yes, you get it, i love Ginji ^_^), and GEt backers end! Midou Ban is the enemy.
I always wanted to see them in a fight!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Darkvertigo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 08:41:22 pm »

I second, the episode where Ginji is hospitalized.

You get the feeling that they're all close friends.

Kazuki being a nurse, and Akabane showing up with a basket of apples is hilarious.
Report Spam   Logged
Midou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 11:26:39 pm »

I disagree with you a little, for the coolest chapter, i prefer when Ginji change to Rai tei, its the best ever in the anime (Yes, you get it, i love Ginji ^_^), and GEt backers end! Midou Ban is the enemy.
I always wanted to see them in a fight!!!
Ah.. a Ginji Fan. Smiley I like that as well but I'm more attracted to the Last arc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 11:29:12 pm by Midou » Report Spam   Logged

Getbackers FAQ & Download: http://anime.forumlivre.com/?showtopic=2
sharkshocker

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 12:46:31 pm »

Liked episode 22, it had good fight scenes, plus it's always fun to watch Ginji try to interact with Akabane Cheesy

Have to agree about the hospital episode, nice to see an episode where they aren't fighting and are all just having fun XD
Report Spam   Logged

PSN ID: shark_shocker
A-chan

Woo!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 12:01:08 am »

The first retrieval arc from the Limitless Fortress. The Lightning Emporer is so badass.
Report Spam   Logged
Valyard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 09:21:52 am »

Okay to Lin, thank you for this thread, why did you have to start with ep 35, the grade curve is gone! If we're talking arcs my favorite would be "Get Back the Divine Melody" it personifies everything Get Backers is and should be without getting to phillosphical or drawn out. It is the perfect gateway arc and feel good arc. For individual episodes I suppose "A recital just for you" was awesome (yeah no telling what pairing I back) or "Natsume does her best" I would love to see a girl cosplay her combo of both outfits and even saying "Did you have a dream?"
Report Spam   Logged
lukasagitta

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 02:36:35 pm »

I really loved the episode where Raitei and Akabane were fighting and Ban stepped in. That was sooo sweet of Ban~ But I felt really bad for Ginji. Actually, the whole IL arc made me feel for Ginji. D:
Report Spam   Logged
opa_opa

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 01:05:48 pm »

EP 39. AT the hosrpital XD the best episode ever. XD
Report Spam   Logged
ToushiroX

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »

Epi 41: Farewell, My Beloved
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4