News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 16, 2024, 03:41:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite GB Anime Episode

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite GB Anime Episode  (Read 2042 times)
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:45:04 am »

Can't believe I started this discussion and never came back to reply to these good replies!

Episode 39: Ginji's Hospitalized? To the Hospital! The Whole Crew Gathers. No contest. This is one of those episodes that I watch whenever I feel depressed. It takes only a couple of minutes watching this and everything sad that was on my mind have gone POOF! I practically need one hundred lives when I watch this episode, because it kills me with laughter every five seconds! Everything, from Ginji running down the house to get that onigiri til his “AAAHHH! … Delicious!” when being fed with apples that Jackals cut with his scalpels, is just pure comedy gold. I would have loved seeing this episode as a wacky closer to the Divine Design… if that arc ever was animated.

Yes, this is definitely a gem, isn't it?  Grin  So funny to see all the antics of all the characters crammed into one episode.  I think I'm going to watch that one again today, just for fun!

Ban and Ginji for ONCE getting to eat till their bellies were full is the seriously cutest moment in the entire series.

I always feel a bit like a proud mom who just made my boys a tasty meal when I see that scene, hehe!  It's definitely nice to see them eating to their heart's content.

My favourite arc is when the GB fight by first time with the Transporters. The final reward ... has no price!.

That's a good one, too.  I really like all the episodes where Ginji is pitted against Dr. Jackal -- they have such an interesting relationship!  I guess that's another reason why I like Episode 35, because Ginji surprises even Dr. Jackal with his strength!

Another favorite moment of mine that I never get tired of rewatching is from the final arc of the first season, where they are trying stop Makubex from blowing things up -- the part where Ban tells the gang why Ginji felt he had to leave Infinitiy Fortress.  Their reaction as they finally understand Ginji's sacrifice is so sweet and funny.  They are all saying, "Duh!  Why didn't we think of that?" or "Why didn't he just say so?"  Even so, without really understanding his reasoning before that, they all ended up following him devotedly again -- they just couldn't remain enemies with Ginji.  As if anyone could!   Wink

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: