News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 12:55:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

New Berserk Anime

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Berserk Anime  (Read 430 times)
Asdrubal

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2010, 07:13:24 pm »

In the last chapter there was a note saying a new anime is on the production already!! Can't wait to see it, I hope it will be like Fullmetal Alchemist, the first one sucked (the berserk one didn't suck, but it wasn't that good either) then FMA brotherhood came and kicked ass. My expectations are that the anime will be uncensored (what is berserk without blood and gore?), well voiced and long running. I don't know if they will pick up the story where the first one left it, but I hope not.

What are your thoughts? Anyone will watch it after it's out? 
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

koala1976

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:33 pm »

IT IS FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My boyfriend and I are great Berserk fans, do you know when it is released¿?¿?
Report Spam   Logged
Asdrubal

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 02:35:29 pm »

No, they just announced that is going to happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »

I Read it was going to be movies, but i'm hoping for a series too
check this out:

thats awesome
Report Spam   Logged
hawkranger

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 09:22:46 am »

Yeah i read that too and really hope for a second season
Report Spam   Logged
DarkJoe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 04:33:17 pm »

I'm looking forward for seeing a new berserk no matter anime series or movie
Report Spam   Logged
ianux22

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 07:33:42 am »

Really??? it's a great surprise for me! Maybe this time Kentaro miura will become faster and we will FINALLY read the end of this fantastic manga
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:50:43 pm »

Recent info about the new anime project can be found here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2011-08-24/2011-berserk-film-trilogy-main-cast-staff-listed

This year's 17th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine is announcing on Friday the main cast and staff for Berserk Ōgon Jidai-Hen I: Haō no Tamago, the first film in the three-part retelling of the Golden Age arc of Kentaro Miura's Berserk manga.

Cast:
Guts: Hiroaki Iwanaga (Tomica Hero Rescue Force, Moyashimon, Kamen Rider OOO)
Griffith: Takahiro Sakurai (Toriko, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai.)
Casca: Toa Yukinari (Grey's Anatomy dubbing, Naruto Shippūden)

Staff:
Director: Toshiyuki Kubooka (Batman: Gotham Knight episode 5)
Screenplay: Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion)
Character Design/Chief Animation Director: Naoyuki Onda (Gantz)
Animation Director: Satoshi Iwataki (Toaru Majutsu no Index)
Art Director: Yusuke Takeda (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex), Goki Nakamura (Cat Soup), others
Art Setting: Mitsuhiro Arita (Final Fantasy XI)

World Setting Supervisor: Kenichi Iwao (Final Fantasy XI/XIV)
Western Swordsmanship Coach: Jay Noyes (Final Fantasy XII)

I... have no words. Look, it's not that I'm worried about the staff not doing the original manga justice on pure technical level (the animation and the storyline), not at all! Despite the young and rather inexperienced staff, I have faith in this production!
Except... WHAT THE FLYING FUCK about the voice cast? Why did they have to change the (perfect!) voices from the first anime? I can understand Miyamuro Yuko being unable to voice Casca since she had a baby recently, but Morikawa Toshiyuki as Griffith? And CANNA NOBUTOSHI AS GUTS?! To me, this is a let-down on astronomical levels. Having Casca being voiced by a total n00b, Sephiroth losing to Cloud Strife, and GUTS of all people is replaced by... just... just by SOMEONE ELSE.

Okay, so just a few days ago, I got the news that the upcoming Rurouni Kenshin anime won't tell more of the story than what's already been told (in fact, it will tell even less!), BUT will keep the original voice cast. And NOW, we get a Berserk anime that WILL tell us more of the story, BUT has an all-new voice cast. Really, Japan? Really? Is it just too much to ask for an adaption that tells us the whole story AND has the voice cast stay the same?

Right now, I feel like the anime indisutry is giving me the middle finger with both hands at the same time....
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 08:24:22 pm »

It seems pretty unusual to change voice casting from the original; my experience has been that they often keep the voice cast intact on these things.  I guess it's a remake in all senses of the word.  But still... dropping both Morikawa Toshiyuki AND Canna Nobutoshi is definitely a let down.  Those two are awesome in whatever they do!
Report Spam   Logged

jas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 04:20:41 pm »

i don't mind that they changed the voice acto--well okay i'm a bit nervous but still keeping the faith. honestly i'm jsut super grateful for this, it will wash away all the RAGE PAIN FRUSTRATION of the original series sorry excuse for an ending.

(not that i didn't already know what was going to happen, i've read the manga, but it was maddening nonetheless. and what about those who'd seen only the anime?!)
Report Spam   Logged
fletcherpugh25

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:49:02 pm »

Read about the new anime when I read a manga chapter. So will this remake include the funny fairy boy who's always with the main character?
Report Spam   Logged
tristal

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 12:17:06 pm »

its among the best manga i have ever read . The Air date is 04.02.2012 but i am afraid that the BD release will be several months later
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: