News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 04:25:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Wolf's rain manga

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf's rain manga  (Read 803 times)
Levz

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2010, 12:55:13 am »

Hi people, i was writing on the "what got you into anime" thread and i remembered that i like wolf's rain, and i remembered that i read, somewhere, that the manga ends somewhat different from the anime, then i remembered that i spent a lot of time searching and i could not find it, then i remembered that this forum has a scalation request thingy, then i remembered "i know how to write" and then i wrote this thing you reading now.
Anyway after that strange intro I ask, to anyone, to share the english, or spanish, manga of wolf's rain if possible. I can't find it, here no one sells it, and i wanna read the ending, plus it's a great series and anyone should read it, and watch the anime. Well thx and hope someone will share it.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

He fell mortally wounded from a slash to his guitar
But had enough time to get his best song from it’s cover
And shot his assassin with it
Who momentarily seemed shocked
Taking his fingers to the ears
And screaming
For someone to turn off the lights

-Roque Dalton

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 02:13:15 pm »

I agree. It is a very good story. You can find both volumes available for download at Manga Traders.

http://www.mangatraders.com/

Enjoy the rest of the story.
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 08:32:50 pm »

Thanks man! I'm downloading both volumes right now, can't wait the 30 minutes 'till the download finishes. You've earned a +1 on the karma and more important my eternal gratitude and this smiley face  Grin
THANKS A LOT!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:19 am »

You are very welcome. Let me know what you think of the ending.
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 11:43:06 am »

I just wrote a post about what i think of the anime and the manga. Sadly the manga didn't live up to my expectations (same thing as the cowboy bebop manga), in the post i may been a little harsh with it. Anyway i liked the ending, i hope they release the manga as a new anime, filling the gaps, a little more story (like the anime) with the manga ending.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
hammershoney315

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 12:36:57 pm »

I liked the ending too. But like you, I was a little disappointed with the rest. They could have fleshed it out a lot. In my opinion 2 volumes just wasn't enough to deliver a story like that. It seemed rushed to me. There was so much more potential that it just didn't live up to.
Report Spam   Logged
ReyonGangsta

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 04:36:01 pm »

Well, in my opinion...
Wolf's Rain innitially had some amazing ideas, but they could be explored further.
Too short for such a nice story.
By the way, the anime's ending got me totally confused. I didn't get what happened at all.
They were all dead, and suddenly they were back to the city! O.O
Or was that something to be confusing? >_>
Could someone explain me, please? xD
Report Spam   Logged
Levz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 04:50:22 pm »

My theory is that everytime that paradise opens and the wolves and Darcia fail to get it, the world reboots. That's what i think happened in the anime. I think that the opening shows another time before the anime itself that reboot into the actual anime. After that when the wolves die, Darcia dies, Cheza dies, well after everybody dies the ice age ends and a new peaceful age begins, but 'cos Darcia's eye poluted paradise it will end up being the imperfect world we see in the last moments of the anime. So the world reboots but somethings change giving the wolves and Darcia a new chance to open paradise correctly. That happens 'till the story repeats into the manga, in the manga the wolves kill Darcia and open the paradise and the true peaceful age begins with the wolves alive and mankind given a new chance to not ruin everything.
That's my theory, on the other hand I think that the important thing is that there's no such thing as paradise that will open, the wolves after the manga have to work to create the real paradise with the help of the other wolves (that's why they call the other wolves at the end of the manga). Same thing goes to humans, they have to create their own paradise by planting seeds and not fucking everything up (I guess this won't happen in our real world timeline =P).
My theory is based on nothing but my interpretaton (and wishes) of the anime and manga there's nothing official in it.
Report Spam   Logged

Protest Song (to Silvio)

And screaming

-Roque Dalton
luigilol

View Profile