News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 08:55:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Liar Game

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Liar Game  (Read 230 times)
darkido

Peace<:

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2010, 07:34:35 pm »

Hello guys!

I just wanted to recommend Liar Game, which ranks as one of my top must-read manga! Shocked Written by Shinobu Kaitani, Liar Game is a manga with an exciting plot that keeps you thinking! Roll Eyes

Synopsis

The main character, Nao Kanzaki, is drawn into the Liar Game Tournament unexpectedly and is forced to play the game in order to avoid going into debt. The basic rules of the game is that players are loaned money in the sums of millions and has to play against each other in a round to determine the winner. Games within each round vary but mostly involve strategy games, e.g. poker, voting, etc. The money is basically used as a key motivating factor in the game influencing player's decisions to avoid going into debt or to make a fortune. Inevitably, players turn to cheating to try to gain an upper hand against opponents. The story takes a turn when the brutally honest Nao engage the help of a genius swindler, Shinichi Akiyama, to help her in the game.

Currently, the manga has covered six rounds (four main rounds, two revival rounds) but it seems that the mangaka is on hiatus. Not sure why though.

Hmm I really thought that Liar Game in the same genre of manga to Death Note, just that is it more fun 'cause they are actually playing games. My friends and I even went to the extent of playing out some of the games in the manga, check Minority Rule. LOL I have even seen other forum create threads to play the game. It was hilarious! Anyway, do check it out! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

metaldude01

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 02:35:42 pm »

I love this manga. It's enjoyable in the sense because you never know what's going to happen. Feels like Shinobu Kaitani is making stuff up sometimes. Overall I'd say it rather enjoyable if you skim over his 'logic'
Report Spam   Logged
Redflagx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

i'm a fan of this manga as well ...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Avz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:02:15 am »

I'm fan too, somehow it reminds me Death Note.

Like the drama too even though the character of Nao is too much "baby-like" for me
Report Spam   Logged
klaxy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:14:16 am »

I'm a fan but there hasn't been any updates for months
Report Spam   Logged
Asdrubal

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:37:42 am »

I tried to read it, but didn't like it.

[spoiler]The fact that she could have left the game but still got tricked to going back (even knowing that the "lawyer" guy was from their organization) was so unnatural and annoying that I couldn't keep on reading.[/spoiler]
Report Spam   Logged

colatruck

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 08:59:14 pm »

Got tired of it after the first couple of rounds. They way the continually get supprised by a lie gets annoying
Report Spam   Logged
117x

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 01:23:36 am »

I'm about halfway though with Liar Game and for the most part and quite impressed. Hopefully I'll have time to finish up the rest soon.
Report Spam   Logged
michiko215

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 03:53:28 am »

i love this manga and u kinda learn things about how u should lie Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
jadeenigmax

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 09:20:16 am »

Love this manga, easily one of my favorites.  Makes me mad that we haven't had updates in ages though.
Report Spam   Logged
haiyate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 09:25:38 pm »

The games get a bit too complicated for me... I liked the drama though
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: