News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 06:00:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Latest chapter discussion

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest chapter discussion  (Read 4947 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:23:27 pm »

I figured we needed a thread like this.  Here, we can discuss and/or comment on the latest events in the latest chapters that have been released by our always amazing, heroic scanlation team.

So I guess I'll start things off by giving you MY thoughts on what's been going on lately in the GB manga...

In this arc, I'm glad more light's being shed on the characters' pasts, namely Ban and the Voodoo Children. We all want to know what eaxvtly happened to Ban and made him to the person he is today, just as much as we want to know what it means to be a Voodoo Child and what is waiting for Himiko to come.

As usual, I was blown away by the latest chapter's, bluntly put, general awesomeness. This manga never ceases to amaze me, from how the story moves forward in every single chapter, to how it is aesthetically told; the way Ayamine Rando uses angles and shading and picture composition is awestrucking.
The way Himiko fought her opponent sent chills down my spine. Her speeches and facial expressions were all spot-on. You could feel the coldness in her eyes when she told Ginji not to get in her way, as well as blood thirst when she stepped into the arena. And hey, isn't Himiko a total doll in this arc? She's just too pretty...
And so, Ginji's becoming Raitei again. No, Ginji, honey, don't! Don't borrow your inner sociopath's strength, you have proved that you ARE capable of fighting on your own! Please don't loose yourself!
... But WTF, Paul's eyes?!

Well, I don't know what else to say other than that I'm glad I'm reading this manga, and that I'm eagerly waiting for further development. It only gets better and better!
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:30:35 pm »

Yup! This arch really shed a lot of light on Ban's and Himiko's past. I was quite surprised by how everyone in round about way are closely connect to each other! Not mention the growth in all characters are astonishing! Especially the newest chapter! Himiko does kick ass! She didn't even break out in sweat! Her personality was soo twisted! It was like her other mirror half. I thought theat they are supposed be opposite to each other...I guess the different sides are supposed join along with the personality! It seems everyone has another personality! Or huge secrete!
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 01:38:29 am »

... But WTF, Paul's eyes?!

Remember the person who looked over Ginji when he was a kid named Teshimine Takeru, he has those eyes aswell.

And no I'm not going to spoil you all, just making sure you all remember.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:28:53 pm »

... Damn it, Ban. Your dad is HOT.

*pant pant* So, this was another breath-taking part of the lovely story, and FFFFFFFFF, I've run out of words I can use to praise it.

Apparently, Der Kaiser (who by the way is HOT) and Paul has the same eyes, as does Teshimine, which Vent pointed out in the post above. I can't wait to see the connection between these three guys, I bet it's something super epic and intelligent, fitting the rest of this intricate GB-verse. FFFFFFFF I'm all hyped up now! AAAAHH!! *runs around in circles*

Yeah, and did I mention that Ban's dad is HOT? 'Cause he is. Mmhmm, he is. *heart-shaped eyes*
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »

Yeah, and did I mention that Ban's dad is HOT? 'Cause he is. Mmhmm, he is. *heart-shaped eyes*

Yes, he is! Wink BUT he is so EVIL! Shocked Poor Ban...no wonder why he is bit twisted!
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:57:00 pm »

WOW. That was INTENSE.

Seriously, I all but forgot to breath while reading the latest chapter.

BAN-CHAN! OH GOD BAN-CHAN! You're hurt... Cry Anyway, GO! GO TO YOUR GINJI! Save him! Only you can do it! HURRY BEFORE IT'S TO LAAAAATE!

GAAAAHHH I don't think I've been this eagerly anticipating the next chapter of a manga for at least a couple of years. Why does this manga have to be so damn fantastic?

On a less fangirlish note, seeing Paul in front of a computer reminded me of the last arc in the anime with him hacking and stuff and thus provide help to our retrivers and their lovely friends. I guess the writer of the manga took inspiration from there? XD
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:27:36 am »

The last few chapters have been really exciting!!  I had seen them before in raw scans, but of course, one doesn't really know what's going on if it isn't translated.  Being able to understand what is actually happening is amazing -- I just can't tell you all how grateful I am to finally have access to these chapters!   *cheers*  Grin

Using sweet Ginji as part of an evil plan for taking over the Archive is just plain wrong!   Angry  It looks like Ban is going to come to the rescue, though, in spite of being injured.  As if that would keep him away when Ginji needs him!!

I have to say, that the GB manga has the art of the cliffhanger down pat!  Ugh, what a place to leave us hanging...
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 07:06:34 am »

Yep! I totally agree with there! Poor Ginji! He being used by Ban's father! I told that Ban's father is SUPREME EVIL! Wow, just how evil is he! Using people like that! Angry It was definitely one exciting chapter!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 10:51:26 am »

Hey guys. If anyone's interested in a rough trans of the Genko Backers extra:

The first page is a note from Takashi Oonishi (are these people assistants? I'm not sure). He says he went to Comiket (gigantic annual doujin festival) at the end of last year. It was really cold. There was a...garbage man(?)...and he was...painting(?) the ceiling and it made him nervous (not quite sure about that part Tongue). Other than that he didn't go out at all during winter break.

Second page is "The Legend of Bonzo Part III." The girl snaps a photo of Bonzo (the dog) showing his sleep face and sends it as a picture-email. "Bonzo sleeps with the whites of his eyes showing and his tongue sticking out. Creepy!"

At the bottom is from someone named Yoshida. His workplace changes and he has to move to Hokkaido. His head is a map of Hokkaido. On the front it says "Dekkaido" (pun with Hokkaido and "dekkai" - huge). In the last panel it says "back" (because he's turned around. heh). He says the light in the entranceway is motion sensitive...motion sensitive. Awesome! Underneath is a note: "Hokkaido's even got electricity now!"

So yeah...Now you know Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 04:04:52 pm »

Thanks shisui, I was wwondering what all these extra pages at the end of the volumes said.
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 05:18:22 pm »

Hey guys. If anyone's interested in a rough trans of the Genko Backers extra:

The first page is a note from Takashi Oonishi (are these people assistants? I'm not sure). He says he went to Comiket (gigantic annual doujin festival) at the end of last year. It was really cold. There was a...garbage man(?)...and he was...painting(?) the ceiling and it made him nervous (not quite sure about that part Tongue). Other than that he didn't go out at all during winter break.

Second page is "The Legend of Bonzo Part III." The girl snaps a photo of Bonzo (the dog) showing his sleep face and sends it as a picture-email. "Bonzo sleeps with the whites of his eyes showing and his tongue sticking out. Creepy!"

At the bottom is from someone named Yoshida. His workplace changes and he has to move to Hokkaido. His head is a map of Hokkaido. On the front it says "Dekkaido" (pun with Hokkaido and "dekkai" - huge). In the last panel it says "back" (because he's turned around. heh). He says the light in the entranceway is motion sensitive...motion sensitive. Awesome! Underneath is a note: "Hokkaido's even got electricity now!"

So yeah...Now you know Smiley

Thanks! I was curious! I was wondering what dog had anything to do with it....and what in world was that map for!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »

I found this chapter (along with the last one) to be a very helpful explanation of the complicated relationship between Raitai/Ginji and the Infinity Fortress/Archive.  Not that I really understand it all that well even now, but it makes more sense now than it did before!
Report Spam   Logged

somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 06:34:06 am »

Yeah! I understand you mean! You understand  some of the connection, but overall it somewhat still confusing. The Getbacker's plotline tend to be like that. Deep and Intricate. Like Caculus C, you understand what the equations are for but you aren't too sure how to use it...I did alright in that class, but still got a C... Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Jabee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 01:49:25 am »

I found this chapter (along with the last one) to be a very helpful explanation of the complicated relationship between Raitai/Ginji and the Infinity Fortress/Archive.  Not that I really understand it all that well even now, but it makes more sense now than it did before!
Umm... what's the relationship between Raitei/Ginji in Infinity Fortress again?
I'm lost... Sad
Report Spam   Logged
somehow_here
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 06:40:11 am »

Umm... what's the relationship between Raitei/Ginji in Infinity Fortress again?
I'm lost... Sad

Oh, basically in this volume it describes  Ginji's power in Ratei mode.

SPOILER
Basically Ginji's ability in Ratei mode allows him to take all electrical energy from the Infinity Fortress, which is suppose to have infinite energy source. (His normal mode cannot absorb that much energy or in such short time.) His ability in Ratei mode to absorb energy in chapter 8 is said to exceed the amount of energy that is generated by Infinite Fortress even though it supposedly infinite. It just means that he is so strong in Ratei mode due to his ability that allows he can manipulate Infinity Fortress' energy. (Ginji power as Ratei = Infinity Fortress electrical = infinite power) He can take energy from it as he within close distance of it with exception when he is angry. When he angry, he take energy at farther distance as seen in beginning of The Eternal Bond arch, dealing with Shido's past.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:53:30 am by somehow_here » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: