News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 10:24:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Latest chapter discussion

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest chapter discussion  (Read 4942 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2010, 08:31:20 am »

And so, the focus is back to our heroic main duo. Of course the first that had to happen was the two of them running into Saizou. God, that guy is starting to get on my nerves - I can't stand smug bastard characters like him, who always like that they are SO fucking superior and unbeatable and what-not... because you know he IS going to get his ass kicked, but it just can't happen soon enough and you'll have him and his annoyingly cunning smirk around for many chapters to come.
Not that he's a badly written character per say - if anything, these sentiments the proof of Aoki Yuya's excellent writing, since he managed to write a dude whose purpose is to be evil. Grin And he has motivation for what he does so... tah!

But it doesn't feel like he's going to lose anytime soon; Saizou's pitched against honey Emishi. Not that Emishi-han is a weak character, but I still get the horrible feeling that no matter how hard a fight Emishi puts up, he'll still be beaten to a bloody pulp. Damn it. I want him to win so badly.
Ginji VS Juubei has a lot of potential, so I'm looking forward to that battle. I also suspect that Makubex VS Sakura's going to get quite emotional, since she acts like an always-present mother to him.
By the way, am I the only one who finds it ridiculously funny and promising that Ban is pitched against a guy he once locked lips with? Kiss Please refer to THAT part of the Divine Design arc sometime during the fight, please!

HNNNGGG the next chapters are gonna kick so much ass!! ... Unless the focus shifts again. Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2010, 12:41:22 pm »

Manga Rule #37: Never trust the smart guy with glasses  Cool

I don't think Saizou's evil though. He's probably got some crazy complex plan that will justify all the dickheaded stuff he's doing. And yeah, considering he might even be stronger than Kazuki, I don't think Emishi stands a chance.

Speaking of Emishi, if anyone knows what the hell the name of his technique is supposed to mean, please let me know. "Karuma * Ra * So~ma" is the pronunciation in katakana. The first word should be "karma" I think, but I'm not sure about the rest. Some weird Buddhist or Chinese thing maybe? Oh well.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 24, 2010, 01:53:30 pm »

It's interesting, they keep showing closeups of Saizou's face, and he looks sad to me -- even while he's talking mean and nasty.  I wonder if he's going to have a change of heart at some point?  That would be nice!  Though I suppose if it DOES happen, it won't be until after he is mean and nasty to my heroes.

I love Emishi!  He has a way of showing up just in time.  He may not be strong enough to beat Saizou, but I don't think Saizou's strong enough to finish Emishi for good -- he's tough!
Report Spam   Logged

banmido

I dont miss much

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2010, 09:21:28 am »

Finally we'll get to see how MakubeX does it
Report Spam   Logged

Go fish with your pin cushion, SPOOL BOY!
gamogamo

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2010, 09:01:38 am »

I can't wait to catch up on the latest release. So many things to find out!
Report Spam   Logged
hanamitchi10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2010, 07:25:39 am »

I'm kindla new here, I've read the manga in mangafox and I do want to join your topic but can I wonder what volume and chapter is the latest post here? tnx.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2010, 07:54:05 am »

Latest = Vol 32 Chapter 6 -- you'll be able to see it as of now!  If you can't see the Projects and Releases section, log out and log in again, and it will be there.  That's where the latest GB downloads are.
Report Spam   Logged

hanamitchi10

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2010, 07:55:28 am »

thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:08 am »

Wow, 32/7 was breathtaking!!  I'll comment using spoilers, just in case folks come by here who haven't read the chapter yet.   Wink  Just highlight with your mouse to read my comments!

I am always so caught up in the tale when Ginji turns into the Lightning Lord -- I hate it when he does it, because it's really just too sad, and you know he's hurting -- which is why he turns in the first place!  But when he changes, it's also some of the best and most awesome story-telling, particularly when Ban has to come and rescue him and change him back.  It's always sweet, always advances their relationship and care for one another, and always brings a tear to my eye!   Cheesy

I was especially appreciative of the spinning coin analogy in this chapter -- what a great way to describe how Ginji's relationship with his two "selves" works!  And what a terrifying thought that if the coin unbalances and falls on the wrong side, there is no getting the other Ginji back.   Cry
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 21, 2010, 11:14:02 am »

Wow, what a great chapter! So intense! And it excites me to know that the next one surely will be even MORE thrilling~

Wow, 32/7 was breathtaking!!  I'll comment using spoilers, just in case folks come by here who haven't read the chapter yet.   Wink  Just highlight with your mouse to read my comments!

I am always so caught up in the tale when Ginji turns into the Lightning Lord -- I hate it when he does it, because it's really just too sad, and you know he's hurting -- which is why he turns in the first place!  But when he changes, it's also some of the best and most awesome story-telling, particularly when Ban has to come and rescue him and change him back.  It's always sweet, always advances their relationship and care for one another, and always brings a tear to my eye!   Cheesy

I was especially appreciative of the spinning coin analogy in this chapter -- what a great way to describe how Ginji's relationship with his two "selves" works!  And what a terrifying thought that if the coin unbalances and falls on the wrong side, there is no getting the other Ginji back.   Cry

I agree about everything you said! Very well put, and pretty much sums up my own thoughts and feelings about the chapter. Grin One addition I have is:

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/7!
I jumped a little in my chair when I read the part about how Asclepius (Ban) sooner or later will have to confront and fight the Lightning God (Ginji). Not that it surprises me as I did a little bit of research about the Asclepius not too long ago, but it still twists Ban and Ginjis relationship around a bit, mostly on Ban's side.
I know they fought when they first met, but since neither of them died, did Ban have this prophesy in mind when he teamed up with Ginji? I know Ban is not pure or innocent, I wouldn't put it past him to let things proceed and then wait for the right opportunty to strike. But if he did that, then I also imagine that he'd be doing it subconciously (keyword!), as he doesn't want to play along with what his Grandma and/or the Babylon Gods have planned, but perhaps the survival instinct told him to. Another thought I have it that he purposely stayed close to Ginji exactly to prove the prophesy is false. Or, they just clicked as persons and he decided he didn't care and said "Fuck you guys, I'm going with the lightning brat". I'm leaning towards this last sentiment.
Errr, I don't know how to put in the right words (damn you, language barrier!), but I hope you understand what I'm trying to get. Damn you, Get Backers, for making me think too hard about matters like these! But, I'm sure everything will be revealed and all questions will be answered before I have read the last chapter, so... tah!

I also want to say "Ban's grandma, thank you for playing matchmaker for your grandson", but that'll probably seem far-fetched unless you're into the whole yaoi and shipping thing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:20:16 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2010, 02:23:32 pm »

Wow, what a great chapter! So intense! And it excites me to know that the next one surely will be even MORE thrilling~

I agree about everything you said! Very well put, and pretty much sums up my own thoughts and feelings about the chapter. Grin One addition I have is:

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/7!
I jumped a little in my chair when I read the part about how Asclepius (Ban) sooner or later will have to confront and fight the Lightning God (Ginji). Not that it surprises me as I did a little bit of research about the Asclepius not too long ago, but it still twists Ban and Ginjis relationship around a bit, mostly on Ban's side.
I know they fought when they first met, but since neither of them died, did Ban have this prophesy in mind when he teamed up with Ginji? I know Ban is not pure or innocent, I wouldn't put it past him to let things proceed and then wait for the right opportunty to strike. But if he did that, then I also imagine that he'd be doing it subconciously (keyword!), as he doesn't want to play along with what his Grandma and/or the Babylon Gods have planned, but perhaps the survival instinct told him to. Another thought I have it that he purposely stayed close to Ginji exactly to prove the prophesy is false. Or, they just clicked as persons and he decided he didn't care and said "Fuck you guys, I'm going with the lightning brat". I'm leaning towards this last sentiment.
Errr, I don't know how to put in the right words (damn you, language barrier!), but I hope you understand what I'm trying to get. Damn you, Get Backers, for making me think too hard about matters like these! But, I'm sure everything will be revealed and all questions will be answered before I have read the last chapter, so... tah!

I also want to say "Ban's grandma, thank you for playing matchmaker for your grandson", but that'll probably seem far-fetched unless you're into the whole yaoi and shipping thing.

And I agree with everything YOU said!   Grin  For what it's worth, I definitely agree with your last suggestion as to what Ban is thinking about all this.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/8!
This fight is bad for my heart, I swear! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, my heart beat and barely remember that I need to breath.... ARGH! Stupid fucking amazing Get Backers manga! And if only still-pictures in black and white make me feel this way, imagine what a monster an animated version of this fight would be if it ever was covered by the anime. I can hear the seiyuu screaming on top of their lungs on my head, the earth-shattering sound effects when walls and floor crumble, powerful choir music to further enhance the epicness... Studio Deen, I hate you. And at the same time, love you.

Speaking of monster, anyone else notice how Ban keep refering to himself as monster? Not that it hadn't been at least hinted at at earlier points in the manga, but it gives unexpected depth to his character; that he, arrogant as he is and always calls himself an invincible stud... deep down might actually hate himself. He has been called a demon/devil/monster his whole life (and by his own mother!) - that's GOT to affect his sense of self-worth somehow! All that bragging about how awesome he is and has never suffered defeat? Perhaps he did it to convince himself that he really is invincible, while in reality he resents himself and his Asclepius aspect. He doesn't show it, but I'm positive he might not actually believe he is the indestructable badass he claims he is.
Oh, this somehow turned psyhocanalytical when I didn't mean to. XD But I blame the fact that Get Backers has fantastic characters with superb development that indeed makes you think and use your brain.

EMISHIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

I... almost didn't catch it at the end that Ginji somehow warped back to childform. Ayamine draws them so young-looking right now (bleh) that I could barely tell if he's still adult or not. Ah well, I'll see what becomes of this.

Next chapter can't come out quickly enough...! Shocked
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:13:44 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Arkanta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:41 pm »

I read the latest chapters all at once (I was without a internet connection -.-)... waaah *____* so, SO exciting *__*
This is one of the best part of all the manga *__*
Report Spam   Logged

cheebuguh

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2010, 11:01:24 pm »

I love it when Ginji goes lightning mode... he looks so.....cool.

For me it's also great for the story because it brings out some more tension between Ban and Ginji's relationship.
Report Spam   Logged
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 12, 2010, 08:04:44 pm »

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!
I've forgotten breathin' for some seconds. Ginji is so overpowered right now.
What the f*** happened with Ban's arm. So this is his true power. I've always guessed that his mother called him a monster because he used the evil eye on her and she had a nightmare (it could have been an accident).But now I think she could have seen his arm. In some flashbacks little Ban appears with a thing(which has inscriptions on it) envolving his right arm.

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/8!
This fight is bad for my heart, I swear! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, my heart beat and barely remember that I need to breath.... ARGH! Stupid fucking amazing Get Backers manga! And if only still-pictures in black and white make me feel this way, imagine what a monster an animated version of this fight would be if it ever was covered by the anime. I can hear the seiyuu screaming on top of their lungs on my head, the earth-shattering sound effects when walls and floor crumble, powerful choir music to further enhance the epicness... Studio Deen, I hate you. And at the same time, love you.

Speaking of monster, anyone else notice how Ban keep refering to himself as monster? Not that it hadn't been at least hinted at at earlier points in the manga, but it gives unexpected depth to his character; that he, arrogant as he is and always calls himself an invincible stud... deep down might actually hate himself. He has been called a demon/devil/monster his whole life (and by his own mother!) - that's GOT to affect his sense of self-worth somehow! All that bragging about how awesome he is and has never suffered defeat? Perhaps he did it to convince himself that he really is invincible, while in reality he resents himself and his Asclepius aspect. He doesn't show it, but I'm positive he might not actually believe he is the indestructable badass he claims he is.
Oh, this somehow turned psyhocanalytical when I didn't mean to. XD But I blame the fact that Get Backers has fantastic characters with superb development that indeed makes you think and use your brain.

Dude, I totally get what you mean. You totally said what I think.
I thought I was the only one who considered the psychological side of the characters.

I also think Saizou has some reason to do what he's doing.

It just crossed my mind: if Ban has these power 'cause of his blood, Der Kaiser must have it too. Just imagine.
But that's just a theory.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: