News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 05:32:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Latest chapter discussion

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest chapter discussion  (Read 4954 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2010, 06:09:35 pm »

GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/8!
This fight is bad for my heart, I swear! I'm sitting on the edge of my chair, my heart beat and barely remember that I need to breath.... ARGH! Stupid fucking amazing Get Backers manga! And if only still-pictures in black and white make me feel this way, imagine what a monster an animated version of this fight would be if it ever was covered by the anime. I can hear the seiyuu screaming on top of their lungs on my head, the earth-shattering sound effects when walls and floor crumble, powerful choir music to further enhance the epicness... Studio Deen, I hate you. And at the same time, love you.

Speaking of monster, anyone else notice how Ban keep refering to himself as monster? Not that it hadn't been at least hinted at at earlier points in the manga, but it gives unexpected depth to his character; that he, arrogant as he is and always calls himself an invincible stud... deep down might actually hate himself. He has been called a demon/devil/monster his whole life (and by his own mother!) - that's GOT to affect his sense of self-worth somehow! All that bragging about how awesome he is and has never suffered defeat? Perhaps he did it to convince himself that he really is invincible, while in reality he resents himself and his Asclepius aspect. He doesn't show it, but I'm positive he might not actually believe he is the indestructable badass he claims he is.
Oh, this somehow turned psyhocanalytical when I didn't mean to. XD But I blame the fact that Get Backers has fantastic characters with superb development that indeed makes you think and use your brain.

EMISHIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.

I... almost didn't catch it at the end that Ginji somehow warped back to childform. Ayamine draws them so young-looking right now (bleh) that I could barely tell if he's still adult or not. Ah well, I'll see what becomes of this.

Next chapter can't come out quickly enough...! Shocked
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:13:44 pm by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: