News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
April 19, 2024, 03:25:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Latest chapter discussion

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest chapter discussion  (Read 4986 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2010, 11:14:02 am »

Wow, what a great chapter! So intense! And it excites me to know that the next one surely will be even MORE thrilling~

Wow, 32/7 was breathtaking!!  I'll comment using spoilers, just in case folks come by here who haven't read the chapter yet.   Wink  Just highlight with your mouse to read my comments!

I am always so caught up in the tale when Ginji turns into the Lightning Lord -- I hate it when he does it, because it's really just too sad, and you know he's hurting -- which is why he turns in the first place!  But when he changes, it's also some of the best and most awesome story-telling, particularly when Ban has to come and rescue him and change him back.  It's always sweet, always advances their relationship and care for one another, and always brings a tear to my eye!   Cheesy

I was especially appreciative of the spinning coin analogy in this chapter -- what a great way to describe how Ginji's relationship with his two "selves" works!  And what a terrifying thought that if the coin unbalances and falls on the wrong side, there is no getting the other Ginji back.   Cry

I agree about everything you said! Very well put, and pretty much sums up my own thoughts and feelings about the chapter. Grin One addition I have is:

Quote from: SPOILERS FOR 32/7!
I jumped a little in my chair when I read the part about how Asclepius (Ban) sooner or later will have to confront and fight the Lightning God (Ginji). Not that it surprises me as I did a little bit of research about the Asclepius not too long ago, but it still twists Ban and Ginjis relationship around a bit, mostly on Ban's side.
I know they fought when they first met, but since neither of them died, did Ban have this prophesy in mind when he teamed up with Ginji? I know Ban is not pure or innocent, I wouldn't put it past him to let things proceed and then wait for the right opportunty to strike. But if he did that, then I also imagine that he'd be doing it subconciously (keyword!), as he doesn't want to play along with what his Grandma and/or the Babylon Gods have planned, but perhaps the survival instinct told him to. Another thought I have it that he purposely stayed close to Ginji exactly to prove the prophesy is false. Or, they just clicked as persons and he decided he didn't care and said "Fuck you guys, I'm going with the lightning brat". I'm leaning towards this last sentiment.
Errr, I don't know how to put in the right words (damn you, language barrier!), but I hope you understand what I'm trying to get. Damn you, Get Backers, for making me think too hard about matters like these! But, I'm sure everything will be revealed and all questions will be answered before I have read the last chapter, so... tah!

I also want to say "Ban's grandma, thank you for playing matchmaker for your grandson", but that'll probably seem far-fetched unless you're into the whole yaoi and shipping thing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:20:16 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
  Print  

Jump to: