News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 12:51:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Latest chapter discussion

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Latest chapter discussion  (Read 4943 times)
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 07:15:33 am »

Late reply is late.

This chapter had so much content in it, it didn't feel like it was just twenty pages long! It's amazing how the mangaka can put so much story and character development in one chapter without making it seem too crammed or rushed. 95 % of all other shounen mangas have mountains of lessons to learn from Get Backers!

Juubei is AWESOME. His undying devotion and determination was greatly fleshed out in those flashbacks. In more ways than one, he truly is the most honorable character in this series. Good display of Sakura's loyalty too - she is just as much of a samurai as her brother is!
The way he PWNED that Ura-Fuuchouin thug can be summarized by a big fat FUCK YEAH!! He just calmly walked up to that ugly monster, gave him a FINGER POKE OF D00M and then walked back as the winner. If that's not badass then I don't know what is.

I was REALLY surprised at Der Kaiser's statement at the last page; I always figured Kagami to be a joker who freely switches sides (like Akabane) or a pawn working for a greater mastermind, so to have him being the one who actually planned and set everything in motion was, for a lack of better word, WHOAH!!! Didn't see that coming!

As usual, I'm eagerly anticipating the next chapter~
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 08:50:41 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: