News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 05:50:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Oh Hi There!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Hi There!  (Read 176 times)
blumental

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2010, 11:58:52 am »

Oh gosh, this looks exactly like my classes' forum where we have to upload our assigments D:
Then again, most forums have the same layout, so what am I saying...?

*cough* HI. I've been lurking for a while (not terribly long) wondering what exactly happens when you reach 15 posts, so I'm here to find out :)
Picking a display name sure is tough..

Of course, I salute the scanlators for providing us with such high quality chapters. Thank you very much. You guys are crazy (in a good way!)
I stare in awe every time mangafox loads the double pages. And all the other pages.

So I guess i'll be hanging around when I'm free  :D
*WAVES*

Oh hey you can insert Flash here?! /shiny
Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:01:07 pm »

Hi and welcome! Grin

Oh, so you're wondering what happens when your post count reaches 15? Well, I don't wanna "spoil" it, but here's a clue; you're gonna lik eit, very much. Wink So keep on positng an enjoy your stay here! Kiss
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
blumental

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 12:10:47 pm »

Omg that was a fast reply! Thanks for the welcome!

I think I have a clue to what it is, but I'll just wait and see :P

May I ask a question, I still don't understand the workings of the forums regarding telling time.
Is it following the Greenwich Meridian? Or another country? Like the USA? I'm confused. It's 1am for my local time right now.

Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:12:11 pm »

Hello and welcome!  It's great having you here! *waves back*

A somewhat non-spoilery answer to your question about what happens is that once you reach 15 posts, the Releases section magically appears (if it doesn't, just log out and then log in again).  Lots of good stuff in that section, that's for sure.   Wink

As for the way forums tell time, your guess is as good as mine; some of them are pretty cryptic, I can tell you.  Though maybe I actually can give you a bit of help with that for this one!  In our profiles on this forum, we can get it to show the time in our local time zone by inputing the number of hours difference (+/-) from the forum's default.  I used the autodetect feature to figure that one out, and it chose the number 0 -- so I'm thinking that means the default time zone for this forum is USA Central Standard Time....  which gives you a hint as to where I live.

That may be totally erroneous, however, in which case you have permission to laugh at me.  Grin

In any case, welcome!
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 05:45:24 pm »

Omg that was a fast reply! Thanks for the welcome!

I think I have a clue to what it is, but I'll just wait and see Tongue

May I ask a question, I still don't understand the workings of the forums regarding telling time.
Is it following the Greenwich Meridian? Or another country? Like the USA? I'm confused. It's 1am for my local time right now.

You basically get access to the releases section once you get 15 posts. Not much else lol. But the releases section is a good place to get our scans.
Report Spam   Logged

blumental

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 10:18:43 am »

Haha, there goes the spoilers XD

But thanks for the info!

...Hey! That means I can get more material to make icons. Woot!
Report Spam   Logged

=Trip Dancer
orhluluzx

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2010, 11:09:54 pm »

yoyo.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: