News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 08:31:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

New sig's and avatars!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New sig's and avatars!  (Read 412 times)
Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2010, 05:17:02 pm »

My current set

Sig:

A recent one I made.

Sig:

I made this one for a friend on another forum.

Sig:

I think these recent ones I made are pretty good.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:19:27 am by Vent the North » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 03:46:21 pm »

What, No comments on my work
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 05:30:26 pm »

They ARE good!  They remind me how much I enjoyed the first part of this series, and make me wonder why I keep forgetting to hunt up the rest of the episodes and watch them.  ;-)
Report Spam   Logged

blumental

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 10:34:09 am »

Hello!

I think this avatar set is one of the most eye-catching (and good looking) in the forum from what I've seen lurking.

I don't usually see avatars that use transparency, so that curve and white border is really distinct.
The gradient and colours are very fitting, the stripes are also an interesting texture.

I also like the one with the two white-clothes characters a lot.

Very, very nice :)

...What series is this, might I ask? @___@
Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
Asdrubal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 06:49:05 pm »

They are very good! But I have to say that what catches they eye the most is your new name, everytime I see one new post with that multicolored Greed I think: Woah, what a fancy name, who is that? Then I remember is vent (that was your nick when I first joined, dunno if you had any others).

« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:51:38 pm by Asdrubal » Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 04:35:55 pm »

They ARE good!  They remind me how much I enjoyed the first part of this series, and make me wonder why I keep forgetting to hunt up the rest of the episodes and watch them.  ;-)

Thanks. And I can send you the episodes your missing if you want? All Megaupload links and everything.

Hello!

I think this avatar set is one of the most eye-catching (and good looking) in the forum from what I've seen lurking.

Thanks.

I don't usually see avatars that use transparency, so that curve and white border is really distinct.
The gradient and colours are very fitting, the stripes are also an interesting texture.

Thanks. The stripes are actually my favorite part. I saw other people using the stripes and kind of copied their idea.

I also like the one with the two white-clothes characters a lot.
That one is also my favorite. My friend actually called the stock way before I could, but being the good sport that I am, I offered to turn it into a set for him.

Very, very nice Smiley

...What series is this, might I ask? @___@

The series is ToAru Majutsu no Index. It's a light novel that has been adapted into a anime, a manga, and even has a side story.

They are very good! But I have to say that what catches they eye the most is your new name, everytime I see one new post with that multicolored Greed I think: Woah, what a fancy name, who is that? Then I remember is vent (that was your nick when I first joined, dunno if you had any others).

Thanks. The name is actually a admin hack lol. The name is actually a image I made in Photoshop. I still have to sign in as Vent the North, It's basically just a mask I guess you could say. Also, My original name was ~Greed~, But I changed it to Vent the North soon after. My name on the original forum as ~Greed~ as well.
Report Spam   Logged

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:00:05 pm »

Thanks. And I can send you the episodes your missing if you want? All Megaupload links and everything.

I have them all -- just have to remember where I put them for safe keeping. 

If they don't turn up, I'll call you for help!
Report Spam   Logged

Vent the North
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 10:49:04 pm »

I have them all -- just have to remember where I put them for safe keeping. 

If they don't turn up, I'll call you for help!

Alright. Just send me a PM if you need them.
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:05:05 pm »

I'm not familiar with the series, so I can't tell how much you've been editing the images if we go by colour schemes alone, but from what I gather by judging how pleasant your pictures are to the eye - yes, it looks very neat. I must say I like the striped texture you put on them, it somehow makes them look like... mousepad motives, to me.  Grin

What, No comments on my work

Fun fact: Several times, I've had to wait for WEEKS to get ONE reply in my art thread. As of now, it's been exactly three weeks since the last time I updated that thread, and not a sign of anyone commenting on it. Also note that the pictures I post in my thread are pictures that I have come up with and drawn from scratch, not someone else's art I thought looked cool and edited in a computer program. Face it, if you're an artist, or ANY kind of creator, you have to live with the fact that it sometimes take a while before you get response. Especially on a forum like this, that isn't terribly known or has that many members that are actively posting.

Although it certainly does help when you specifically ask for comments, doesn't it? Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Seph

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 02:26:24 am »

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with this series either... but I just want to say that the sig styles and coloring are very well done. I might use them anyway (because they're pretty) and credit when I do!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: