News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 10:45:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Have you made others watch/read Get Backers?

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you made others watch/read Get Backers?  (Read 943 times)
117x

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:39 am »

I plan on forcing my room mate at some point, just haven't gotten around to it yet
Report Spam   Logged
laika_sinclair

here there be dragons

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 09:48:25 am »

Forced my brothers into it. They hated me at first, now they are thankful  Grin hate to tell them "I told you so~"
Report Spam   Logged

We realized what it was that bound people. The divinity that drives the world...is human will itself.
-Semimaru Kanade
Catnip

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 06:37:45 am »

My roomate! Haha. I remember that we watched all episodes in just two nights. Haha. During the second night, one of our friends wanted to go out and party or something but she was just too hooked and wanted to watch instead so we turned our lights and cellphones off, pretended to be asleep, and then watched the whole night. We were paranoid that our friend would knock on our door most of the time. Haha.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 09:02:51 am »

My roomate! Haha. I remember that we watched all episodes in just two nights. Haha. During the second night, one of our friends wanted to go out and party or something but she was just too hooked and wanted to watch instead so we turned our lights and cellphones off, pretended to be asleep, and then watched the whole night. We were paranoid that our friend would knock on our door most of the time. Haha.

This is great, lol!  This happens to me, too.  When I find a new show I love, I can't stop watching it!  It gets hard when the series is more than two seasons long, hehe!  Yay for Getbackers marathons!   Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Catnip

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 05:31:20 am »

This is great, lol!  This happens to me, too.  When I find a new show I love, I can't stop watching it!  It gets hard when the series is more than two seasons long, hehe!  Yay for Getbackers marathons!   Cheesy

I agree. It's so hard to stay interested when an anime is on its 186 or something episode. X)
Report Spam   Logged
Artemis

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 03:40:44 pm »

Well, I kinda got a friend into the anime... I was raving about the manga, so she looked it up. Tried to get my younger sister into it, but she wasn't interested  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
hawkranger

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 11:59:52 am »

all my friends and family started to watch GB when i told them xD
Report Spam   Logged
ris2099

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 07:05:47 am »

Yup. and most of them like GB... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
michiko215

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 03:45:23 am »

i would tell ppl how good gb is Cheesy it's up to them if they want to read or watch it
Report Spam   Logged
carrasussnasado

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2011, 12:15:40 am »

I was the product of someone convincing me to borrow the dvd, and just watch the new episodes, and now I'm hooked. 

I've gotten my brother to start watching it as well.
Report Spam   Logged
B00m3r

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:16 pm »

Yes, a couple of friends, 2 really liked it, one was very upset when i told him they didn't continued the anime
Report Spam   Logged
evilninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:39 am »

Of course I have!  After, of course, I was talked into watching by my partner.  She'd read an online review and saw some sample pages from the manga and was hooked right away!  We originally watched some really badly subtitled dvds we bought off of eBay. This was back in the day when you could get them on eBay still.  I think the show was still airing in Japan, actually!  There were a few times when we were laughing our butts off over the lousy subtitles and had no idea what was going on, but the moment the english dvds hit the shelves, we were buying them.  They were one of the few things we actually pre-ordered.

And we've shown the series to anyone who would sit still long enough to watch it and talked it up to all of our friends, even the ones who aren't into anime! 
Report Spam   Logged

Tarot readings and more  --  www.hermittarot.webs.com

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: