News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 05:48:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite Move

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Move  (Read 1409 times)
ManokTong

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2010, 09:14:11 am »

What's your favorite move in GetBackers? It can be any move, like Ban's Snake Bite, Evil Eye, or Ginji becoming Raitei (if that's a move haha). Jackal has a wide arsenal of moves, too.
So far, for me, I like snake bite the most.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 06:00:05 pm »

I love all things Ginji, but one of the "moves" I like the most is when he plugs himself in to recover from injury.  It's not exactly a move, I suppose, but it's something he does on a regular basis!

I know this is in the manga section, but I also very much like the move Ginji does in Episode 35 of the anime, where he
draws the mist from the dam to himself and creates hydroelectric power that blows everyone away.

Highlight to read what I wrote -- I suppose everyone's seen the anime, but I like to play it safe!   Grin
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 06:02:26 pm by Lin » Report Spam   Logged

ManokTong

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:07 am »

I love all things Ginji, but one of the "moves" I like the most is when he plugs himself in to recover from injury.  It's not exactly a move, I suppose, but it's something he does on a regular basis!

I know this is in the manga section, but I also very much like the move Ginji does in Episode 35 of the anime, where he
draws the mist from the dam to himself and creates hydroelectric power that blows everyone away.

Highlight to read what I wrote -- I suppose everyone's seen the anime, but I like to play it safe!   Grin

haha! i'm guessing ginji's your favorite character? i'm assuming that because of the ginji picture each time you post a comment. I like it whenever raitei goes berserk and starts summing up enormous amounts of energy. not only is it nice to look at, it also shows a complete opposite of ginji's kind side.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 12:20:23 pm »

haha! i'm guessing ginji's your favorite character? i'm assuming that because of the ginji picture each time you post a comment. I like it whenever raitei goes berserk and starts summing up enormous amounts of energy. not only is it nice to look at, it also shows a complete opposite of ginji's kind side.

You've got it!   Grin  I'm a Ginji fan through and through!  That includes the Raitei side of his personality, too -- it's so fascinating to see the contrast between the two!
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 05:36:44 pm »

Snake Bite does indeed equal major coolness. It rips everything in its way apart, and the way you can see the vision of a worming snake when Ban starts murmuring "By the power of Greyskull..." that ancient incarnation is frightening and powerful at the same time. The phrase "cursed fate" is also part of the incarnation, which gives us the first clue that while his powers give him a supreme advantage in combat, his life is and will be quite harsh on him. Aaaw, poor Ban-chan. Cry

I also like that one move when Ginji shoots orbs of electricity at his enemies. Reminds me of a Pokémon attack for some reason. Wink Does that move have a name? If so, somebody please enlighten me, because I must have completely missed it.

Shido's Beast Mimicry has always been a favourite of mine! Think of the possibilities; as he can mimic 100 different beasts (was that the exact number?), it gives him QUITE the wide arsenal of very varied offensive and defensive techniques.

Most of Kazuki's string techniques, because the way he uses the threads is very elegant and refined. No headstrong "RAWR I'M GONNA GO RAMPAGE", but he can stand still just swaying his arms gracefully while that beautiful harp music is playing... and enemies all around him are cut/tied up and the surroundings are shattering from the sheer power of the strings. A fighting style that is both badass and pretty at the same time. Kiss

Himiko's acceleration perfume, because I love it in anime when a character moves so fast that it seems like the enemy is being beaten up by several opponents at the same time. To be more precise, in the moment where the enemy are suffering so many multiple simultaneous hits from different directions that he/she seem to be standing still in mid-air while being hit! Know what I'm talking about?
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
Verdugo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 01:31:31 pm »

evil eye , wins in every aspect of the manga xD
Report Spam   Logged
dustsilent

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:15:37 pm »

i really like when ginji goes lightning lord mode even tho he might still sux in fights cuz it reminds me a lil bit bout dbz
Report Spam   Logged
Fortuna

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 12:29:42 pm »

Raitei is one of the most badass things in the Getbackers, but we probably can't say he is a "move"

My favorite move has no name but I really liked when Jackal ripped the guy in the tournament.
Report Spam   Logged

Forget The country, I can't even change a friend!
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 04:59:41 pm »

First, there's the jagan(you can make the guy see anything)
then, the snake bite(yes, I'm a Ban fan)
and why not Ban's winning speech the Asclepius spell

I also like when Der Kaiser's monsters and Akaane's techiniques.
Report Spam   Logged
jewon1994

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 04:58:01 am »

What's your favorite move in GetBackers? It can be any move, like Ban's Snake Bite, Evil Eye, or Ginji becoming Raitei (if that's a move haha). Jackal has a wide arsenal of moves, too.
So far, for me, I like snake bite the most.

Ban's snakebite
Report Spam   Logged
Umi-chii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:24 am »

Kazuki's string technique, particularly when they were infiltrating Infinity City. I forgot the episode, but I think that was around the same episode when he was saved by that girl whose name I really can't recall anymore.

Akabane's Bloody Rain is seriously badass. And kickass.
Report Spam   Logged
Wismer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 02:25:40 am »

Evil Eye, of course ! So powerfull that the author had to restrain its use Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
dw6xl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »

all of ban's moves...i just love his devil arm & his deconstruction spell....and also i love akabne's bloddy sword and kagami's diamond dust...i jus cant decide lol
Report Spam   Logged
CN

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 03:48:08 am »

Ban gives his winning speech Tongue
I also like it when Ginji summons that huge lightning bolt when he turns ratei mode
Report Spam   Logged
kndands

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 10:33:19 am »

snake bite off course its so cool
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: