News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 08:53:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite Quotes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 1753 times)
ManokTong

View Profile
« on: August 26, 2010, 08:58:56 am »

Hello! Aside from the exhilarating story and cool fight scenes, one more thing I like about GetBackers is the fact that they have lots of nice quotes. These quotes aren't just rhetorical; they also sound very cool. So, feel free to post your favorite quotes (it can be from any character, or even the narrator, if you want).

I have yet to think of my favorite, as I have too many.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 12:02:59 pm »

What a good idea for a topic!  I'll see what I can come up with -- might just have to go reread some chapters so I can find my favorites again.   Such a hardship, lol!   Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 12:30:35 pm »

This is easy:

"The S in Get Backers means neither of us is alone!"

Really, how can you not love that quote? It perfectly sums up what the GB represents; a bond that can conquer all hardships in the world.

Then there is Ban's "Just a minute!" and "Did you have a nice dream?" that go hand in hand with each other. When he says that, you know somebody just got pwned... and you as well, because you, I, we, the readers, get caught up in the illusion as well. So not only does it display Ban's wit and intelligence, but also the combined talent of Aoki and Ayamine's storytelling.

Everything that Fudou says is so much lulz. Everything. Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that lines such as "GIVE YOUR BODY TO ME! SATISFY ME DESIRES" means that Fudou wants to kill Ban, not do... another kind of physical action to him.

As for humourous lines, we have Ginji's scream of terror: "AAAAHHH!!! ....kabane-san". And who can forget the prizeless "Ginji-kun, aaah~"? XD

I'll probably come back later, so this will do for now. After all, we've got many great lines and quotes and dialoges to choose from! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~
ManokTong

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:56:02 am »

What a good idea for a topic!  I'll see what I can come up with -- might just have to go reread some chapters so I can find my favorites again.   Such a hardship, lol!   Grin

haahha true! that's why i also didn't post mine. i'll try to when i have time to re-read my favorite volumes. =))
Report Spam   Logged
ManokTong

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 11:04:26 am »

This is easy:

"The S in Get Backers means neither of us is alone!"

Really, how can you not love that quote? It perfectly sums up what the GB represents; a bond that can conquer all hardships in the world.

Then there is Ban's "Just a minute!" and "Did you have a nice dream?" that go hand in hand with each other. When he says that, you know somebody just got pwned... and you as well, because you, I, we, the readers, get caught up in the illusion as well. So not only does it display Ban's wit and intelligence, but also the combined talent of Aoki and Ayamine's storytelling.

Everything that Fudou says is so much lulz. Everything. Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that lines such as "GIVE YOUR BODY TO ME! SATISFY ME DESIRES" means that Fudou wants to kill Ban, not do... another kind of physical action to him.

As for humourous lines, we have Ginji's scream of terror: "AAAAHHH!!! ....kabane-san". And who can forget the prizeless "Ginji-kun, aaah~"? XD

I'll probably come back later, so this will do for now. After all, we've got many great lines and quotes and dialoges to choose from! Grin

nicely put! i could never have put it in that fashion (especially regarding the evil eye illusion).
Report Spam   Logged
dustsilent

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 08:48:49 pm »

when ginji says the plug is his life line is my fav
Report Spam   Logged
Fortuna

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 12:36:21 pm »

"Hai, Ginji-kun Aaaaah..."
Report Spam   Logged

Forget The country, I can't even change a friend!
BR Der Kaiser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 07:05:26 pm »

For me that's the best one:

Just one minute.

In second place comes Ban's winning speech the Asclepius spell.
Report Spam   Logged
arigonzales

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 11:05:22 pm »

"did you have a nice dream?"
Report Spam   Logged
blumental

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 12:38:43 pm »

Does "Ban-chan~!!" count as a quote? (Totally cheating)

I'm in love with Ginji's japanese voice actor Morikubo Showtaro and the way he voices Ginji,
so when I read the manga, his voice plays in my head :D
Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 02:17:19 pm »

I'm in love with Ginji's japanese voice actor Morikubo Showtaro and the way he voices Ginji, so when I read the manga, his voice plays in my head Cheesy

YAY!  A person after my own heart!!    Morikubo Showtaro is the reason I started watching the Get Backers anime in the first place, and his voice followed me to the manga, as well.

I vote for "Ban-chan!!" as a quotable quote.   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

blumental

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 09:00:28 pm »

Hi five!

Well, I'd watched the anime first, and that was when I really started paying attention to seiyuus in anime. It helps to have a friend who's a massive seiyuu fangirl who can give me information on almost all the seiyuus in GetBackers (and anime in general).

To me, I think that Morikubo Showtaro's voice acting really adds character to Ginji.
I think that if I'd read the manga first, I wouldn't have liked Ginji as much as I do now ;D
Epic voice + very epic manga = Much much love <3

Also, seeing your signature makes me grin every time :)
I swear I'll put up a Ginji profile picture when I get the time to make an icon.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:09:32 pm by blumental » Report Spam   Logged

But even if I reach the sky waving my hands around and steal that star over there, will anything change?
=Trip Dancer
jewon1994

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2010, 05:02:13 am »

there are too many great quotes, cannot decide
Report Spam   Logged
Hecate-O

The Arkham Asylum is like a Wonderland for me...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:35 pm »

All that quotes likes me a lot  Tongue but my favorites are:

"Kid, you've got the eyes of someone caught in a cold rain."-  Smiley Paul Wan

And the classic:

"Just one minute... Have any good dreams"- Cool  Ban Midou

I love them!!!!
Report Spam   Logged
ManokTong

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 03:22:54 am »

All that quotes likes me a lot  Tongue but my favorites are:

"Kid, you've got the eyes of someone caught in a cold rain."-  Smiley Paul Wan

And the classic:

"Just one minute... Have any good dreams"- Cool  Ban Midou

I love them!!!!

thanks for making me remember paul's line hahaha. it used to be one of my favorites until i forgot about it because tokyopop lost its license.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: