News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 29, 2024, 10:57:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Favorite Quotes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Quotes  (Read 1777 times)
ManokTong

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:04:26 am »

This is easy:

"The S in Get Backers means neither of us is alone!"

Really, how can you not love that quote? It perfectly sums up what the GB represents; a bond that can conquer all hardships in the world.

Then there is Ban's "Just a minute!" and "Did you have a nice dream?" that go hand in hand with each other. When he says that, you know somebody just got pwned... and you as well, because you, I, we, the readers, get caught up in the illusion as well. So not only does it display Ban's wit and intelligence, but also the combined talent of Aoki and Ayamine's storytelling.

Everything that Fudou says is so much lulz. Everything. Go ahead and tell me with a straight face that lines such as "GIVE YOUR BODY TO ME! SATISFY ME DESIRES" means that Fudou wants to kill Ban, not do... another kind of physical action to him.

As for humourous lines, we have Ginji's scream of terror: "AAAAHHH!!! ....kabane-san". And who can forget the prizeless "Ginji-kun, aaah~"? XD

I'll probably come back later, so this will do for now. After all, we've got many great lines and quotes and dialoges to choose from! Grin

nicely put! i could never have put it in that fashion (especially regarding the evil eye illusion).
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: