News Box
We are currently looking for a new Editor and a Japanese to English Translator to work on a new Tokyo Underground manga scanlation project! If your interested in helping out, please send a message to Vent the North through the private message system of this forum.
Xtra Smileys [Open]
Getbackers Manga Scans
March 28, 2024, 09:54:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

Question: What is -THE- best manga you have ever read?

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Question: What is -THE- best manga you have ever read?  (Read 1272 times)
Asdrubal

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »

Here it goes, what is the best manga you ever read? Only one name, not two or three. I know it's hart to say: "I like this one the best!", because the style changes from one to another and it's hard to compare. Try to remember what manga got you really anxious for the next chapter or made you read till 4 am even though you had to wake up at 6 am that same day. Also I think this is a good thread to people use as "recommended manga", unlike those threads where every member post a lot of names and you are never really sure of what to try, here you will have one name per member, the one he thinks is the best, so it's probably a good suggestion if you are looking for new mangas to read.

Berserk - My favorite manga is Berserk, I really like medieval fantasy and was really impressed by Berserk, I just couldn't stop reading. Even though it's a serious and violent manga it has quite a bunch of comedy with pakk flying around here and there. Berserk also makes you really feel the characters and their surroundings, and I really mean it, there are sometimes that you feel like killing one or two characters, or times when you can't keep of anxiously wonder: "what's going to happen next? Will this or that happen? It has to!" finding it out in the near future with a cry of joy or rage.

That's about it, if anyone else choose berserk too, please help adding to my poor explanation and also sorry if it's hard to understand, I am really not good at expressing myself (even my family has trouble understanding it sometimes). Hope you guys like the ideia.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 06:13:31 am by Lovux The Great » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

asukayukimura

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 10:57:56 pm »

Oh, the best manga ever? This is so cruel, it's really hard to decide! Well then, I have to say get backers, it really is my favorite manga, though it's a tough choice! I mean, Ban and Ginji have just the most amazing relationship, the story is always intricate and complex, there is so many emotional and thrilling moments that I could spend all night writing about them, but I really have to sleep soon, hehe. Also GB is the manga that has made me suffer the most, I mean, I had to wait at least 3 years to be able to read it again, it was excruciating, really
Report Spam   Logged
Verdugo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 02:17:32 pm »

op , i love your style , berserk is one of the most amazing manga's i have ever read , and i still readd parts of it daily ^^
Report Spam   Logged
Shisui
Translator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »

Gantz!
Report Spam   Logged
dcspyro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 02:48:30 pm »

If I can only pick one then it has to be Yu Yu Hakusho
Report Spam   Logged
cheebuguh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:07:53 pm »

I don't know about best manga ever, but I do agree that Berserk is a really good one.... now if there were less hiatuses on it...
Report Spam   Logged
tesco

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 05:19:06 am »

Blame

with a lil hesitation between blame, biomega and gunnm last order, but definitely Blame at last.
Report Spam   Logged
dismas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 11:46:24 pm »

Berserk is awesome. I also extremely enjoyed Angel Sanctuary (even though I'm a guy and it's considered shojo). Story is epic, setting is epic, art is epic, etc
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:04:03 am »

I've really been having a hard time with this one -- I keep starting to reply and then going away because I can't just settle on one.   : Huh?

Try to remember what manga got you really anxious for the next chapter or made you read till 4 am even though you had to wake up at 6 am that same day.

If this is the criteria, then it's a bit easier, but I still can't narrow it down.  So I'm going to cheat and give you more than one answer, rather than going away AGAIN!

The best manga ever for me is Naruto -- and One Piece is either tied or in such a close second place that it's no difference whatsoever.  These two are the ones I can't wait to read, and the ones that kept me up all night when I first discovered them and read to catch up.

The best raw manga I've followed voraciously and wished 3 times daily that someone would scanalate on a consistent basis is MAJOR -- particularly now that the anime has ended before animating all the chapters of the manga!  This manga is the one that is responsible for me deciding to teach myself Japanese so I could read it for myself, I'm that desperate!
Report Spam   Logged

metaldude01

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 02:40:07 pm »

A little know manga that I really liked was Flame of Recca. It's a little bit like Naruto and little bit like Bleach. But still tells a unique story.
Report Spam   Logged
Lin
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 03:18:01 pm »

A little know manga that I really liked was Flame of Recca. It's a little bit like Naruto and little bit like Bleach. But still tells a unique story.

I just discovered the anime of this one, and am liking it.  I'll have to check out the manga -- thanks for the heads up that it exists!
Report Spam   Logged

Maximus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 09:10:28 pm »

Berserk - My favorite manga is Berserk, I really like medieval fantasy and was really impressed by Berserk, I just couldn't stop reading. Even though it's a serious and violent manga it has quite a bunch of comedy with pakk flying around here and there. Berserk also makes you really feel the characters and their surroundings, and I really mean it, there are sometimes that you feel like killing one or two characters, or times when you can't keep of anxiously wonder: "what's going to happen next? Will this or that happen? It has to!" finding it out in the near future with a cry of joy or rage.

That's about it, if anyone else choose berserk too, please help adding to my poor explanation and also sorry if it's hard to understand, I am really not good at expressing myself (even my family has trouble understanding it sometimes). Hope you guys like the ideia.

Berserk is that good, and you forgot to point out the beauty of the art. Kentaro Miura is an awesome mangaka and his drawings it's just.... it can't be more detailed
Report Spam   Logged
totodoodoo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 03:12:39 pm »

Hands down, Takemitsu Zamurai.

Hell, anything by MATSUMOTO Taiyou will automatically have creative and beautiful art that works well for the story at hand.  Then, most of the art from Takemitsu Zamurai is done in the sumi-e style.

Anyways, the title of the thread should be changed to "Favorite Manga of All Time".... or something to that effect.
Report Spam   Logged
boscoe

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »

I'll go with Battle Angel Alita
Report Spam   Logged
Lovux The Great
Global Moderator

There is no bathroom?!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2011, 06:15:47 am »

Changed the title of this topic to make people more curious and eager to post here. Wink

Will come back and rant about my most favourite manga ever... later. Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

The "S" in Get Backers...

... Means neither of us is alone!

~Click Here To Enter Lovux's Art Thread~

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: